MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
mtthwhen

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 honda cbr F4I

Member Garage

05 honda cbr600f4i clutch/ trans issue?

Ok so I have no idea what to call this issue. So one day about a week or so I hop on my bike and start riding. But even in 1st gear it doesnít feel right. the best way I can put it is that it doesnt feel like it has the same power it had just the other day. Then just Saturday I was riding out near Port Arthur and was hitting about 115. I hit the throttle a bit more and the RPMs went up but I wasnít going faster. (FYI my hand wasnít touching the clutch at all) I came off the throttle a lil and tried again and the same thing. I didnít bother trying it too many other time rights then. On my way back to Houston no problem. The other thing is that it sometimes seems like I smell something burning. Itís so hard to tell if itís my bike or fumes from cars. If you can help or have any advice I would appreciate it
mtthwhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I guess it's time to ask for help...clutch cover issue Rgprestige15 How To's and Q & A's 10 03-23-2015 09:26 PM
05 Honda charging issue?? messiah General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 08-09-2013 05:06 PM
Clutch Issue bradtx How To's and Q & A's 7 09-13-2012 12:29 PM
Clutch Issue / Great Mechanic maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 01-13-2009 09:57 AM
gsxr clutch issue mekrew How To's and Q & A's 6 04-13-2006 11:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
Rgprestige15

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
gen 2 zx10r street
05 600rr track

Assuming you were still in gear, it sounds like a worn clutch to me. If your bike is actually popping out of gear that would be more indicative of a transmission issue.
Rgprestige15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
mtthwhen

Bike(s):
2005 honda cbr F4I

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgprestige15 View Post
Assuming you were still in gear, it sounds like a worn clutch to me. If your bike is actually popping out of gear that would be more indicative of a transmission issue.
whats the best way to check the clutch
Old 03-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Open it up and inspect the friction plate thickness, compare to factory allowable specs. If this doesn't immediately sound like something you're ready to take on, check out one of our sponsors and get them to check it out. Not sure who's going to be closest to you on SE side.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #5
mtthwhen

Bike(s):
2005 honda cbr F4I

Member Garage

Yea i dont have the time right now. It sucks since this is my only mode of transportation. I need to do some regular maintenance anyway.

Advertisement