MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Reports: Texans re-sign CB Kareem Jackson, OT Derek Newton

Before the NFL free agent frenzy begins Tuesday, the Texans did their part to keep two of their players from entering the open market.

Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson took to Twitter to express his happiness after agreeing to remain in Houston. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Jackson agreed to a four-year contract.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported the deal is worth $34 million with $20 million in guaranteed money.

Jackson posted on his Twitter, "Wow!!!! I can't begin to express how happy I am right now!! Definitely a great moment for me and my family right now!!! ... Oh yeah Houston I'll be back in that #25 jersey next year!!!!!"

In five NFL seasons, Jackson has recorded 10 interceptions, 241 tackles and a touchdown in 74 career games.

The Texans have also re-signed right tackle Derek Newton to a five-year, $28 million extension, according to Rapoport.

Newton will be given $10 million in guaranteed money. Newton, a 7th-round draft pick in 2011, started all 16 games for the Texans last season.

kareemtweet jpg

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote