Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #21
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals
I'd rock a 250 any day.. but only if the bike was free.. Why an f4i? how bout a 600rr? I'm not a fan of banana seats
you raggin on my banana seat? i thopught you were gonna stunt a bigbike too, not just a small one, but the rr is fuggin sick
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Cycle Gear south 9/1 6-9p bike night/bike wash Ilean Events, Meets and Rides 11 09-01-2011 06:49 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #22
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by no mercy f4i
hes not a bad rider at all, ive ridden with him on a 600, and he had a 929, and im pretty sure he doesnt ride track, why are you trying to push track so hard?
Because I have rode with him plenty of times as well and this is my opinion. He has stated many times that he would like to race. Now is the time for him to man up on that or go out and ride with the rest of the fuking idiots on the streets.

2nd, he is a kid. One that does not need to be on the streets with a 600.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #23
Vandals
Scooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
A 600 at your age is a bad idea man. It is a bad idea for many people twice your age and with your riding habbits it is an even worse idea. You should just build a 250 or SV track bike and stay alive for a little while.
Riding around here is not near as bad as it is in houston.. Sure i'd love to go track only, but cruising through some of these backroads for a $10 tank of gas is a little better on my budget than building a bike i cant even legally ride to the corner store and have to trailor the bike to the track and pay 150+ to ride.

I'm not looking to be the king of the streets or anything, I'll leave that to the sonic squids (the place the squids meet up at to race through twisties around the airport)
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #24
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

The 600RR sucks as a street bike. How do I know? I have owned 4 of them. They hurt your nuts after about 30 minutes of riding. Get an SV or something.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #25
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

Quote:
Because I have rode with him plenty of times as well and this is my opinion. He has stated many times that he would like to race. Now is the time for him to man up on that or go out and ride with the rest of the fuking idiots on the streets.

2nd, he is a kid. One that does not need to be on the streets with a 600.
not everyone who is on the streets rides like a fuking idiot, and i had a liter bike when i was his age, its all about your mindset
Old 06-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #26
Vandals
Scooter

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1

Quote:
The 600RR sucks as a street bike. How do I know? I have owned 4 of them. They hurt your nuts after about 30 minutes of riding. Get an SV or something.
I was just throwing the 600rr out there as an example :laughing6
Old 06-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #27
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

Quote:
i liked it, didnt hurt if you moved your to the back of the seat
Old 06-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #28
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Riding around here is not near as bad as it is in houston.. Sure i'd love to go track only, but cruising through some of these backroads for a $10 tank of gas is a little better on my budget than building a bike i cant even legally ride to the corner store and have to trailor the bike to the track and pay 150+ to ride.

I'm not looking to be the king of the streets or anything, I'll leave that to the sonic squids (the place the squids meet up at to race through twisties around the airport)
Dude, how many times do I have to post on how to be a racer with a budget? 2nd, if you just show up at the track at your age people will start helping. Now is the time my friend and that is coming from someone who has wanted to race street bikes since I was 16. Don't wait till later and miss out on your youth at the track. Make a wise decision, you could easily have a steet bike and track bike for less then what it will cost to finance a new 600cc sport bike.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #29
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
I rode 4 different 600RR's over a period of 3 years.( An 03, 04 and two 05's) I have well over 10,000 miles clocked on that model bike. It hurts your nuts after 30 minutes.... that alone as a guy should be a sign but yeah they are amazing and reliable bikes but if you plan on doing some real riding then it would not be my first choice as a street bike. I would take a GSXR over the RR for street cruising.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #30
Vandals
Scooter

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1

Quote:
Dude, how many times do I have to post on how to be a racer with a budget? 2nd, if you just show up at the track at your age people will start helping. Now is the time my friend and that is coming from someone who has wanted to race street bikes since I was 16. Don't wait till later and miss out on your youth at the track. Make a wise decision, you could easily have a steet bike and track bike for less then what it will cost to finance a new 600cc sport bike.
Whenever i get a bike im doing a trackday or two without a doubt, but 1st of all, im not gunna buy a bike to strictly use for track purposes only. And 2nd of all, i know its wierd, but i hate it when people pay my way through things:eh: Who knows, I may be able to make enough money to ride track enough to fulfill my riding satisfaction later on, but for now, i'll just tape up the headlights and go out there every once in a while
Old 06-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #31
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

Quote:
I rode 4 different 600RR's over a period of 3 years.( An 03, 04 and two 05's) I have well over 10,000 miles clocked on that model bike. It hurts your nuts after 30 minutes.... that alone as a guy should be a sign but yeah they are amazing and reliable bikes but if you plan on doing some real riding then it would not be my first choice as a street bike. I would take a GSXR over the RR for street cruising.
it didnt hurt mine, and i personally wouldnt ever buy anything but a honda anymore, especially the f4i
Old 06-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #32
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Also, this leads to you stiff arming the bars. Which leads to putting fead back into the front end which leads to going down when you get it some bumpy surfaces.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #33
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Well, I am done. It is not my will to bend yours. It was only to offer advice to some one half my age that I felt had the same intentions as I did when I was his age. Good Luck!

Old 06-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #34
Vandals
Scooter

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1

Quote:
you raggin on my banana seat? i thopught you were gonna stunt a bigbike too, not just a small one, but the rr is fuggin sick
from the looks of it, I'm going to be in waco longer than ive expected.. And theres no stunters around here.. I learn from other people, and since theres no one around here to push me into learning new stuff, It just gets boring doing it alone
Old 06-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #35
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

Quote:
from the looks of it, I'm going to be in waco longer than ive expected.. And theres no stunters around here.. I learn from other people, and since theres no one around here to push me into learning new stuff, It just gets boring doing it alone
come to houston for a little bit, we will teach you some stuff
Old 06-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #36
Vandals
Scooter

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1

Quote:
Well, I am done. It is not my will to bend yours. It was only to offer advice to some one half my age that I felt had the same intentions as I did when I was his age. Good Luck!
I still want to race without a doubt, but right now untill a few things get smoothed out, i'm just gunna stick to streets untill things get back to normal
Old 06-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #37
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
I still want to race without a doubt, but right now untill a few things get smoothed out, i'm just gunna stick to streets untill things get back to normal

from someone who's done both, i can assure you, it's cheaper to have a dedicated track bike. you spend less on gas, MUCH less on insurance, maintenance is less because you're riding fewer miles, and after you ride track for a while, you have no desire at all to ride street. after growing up doing nothing but riding track, i've been on a street bike for the past 3 years, and hate it. i'm now in the process of converting my bike into a track bike, and giving up street for good. well, after i make my august trek out to deal's gap at least.

you will find out quickly that you cannot sanely and safely explore the limits of your motorcycle on the street. and to me, that's what riding is all about, knowing my bike, and knowing myself and improving both. there's a fairly low ceiling on just how hard you can push it on the street without killing yourself.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #38
Vandals
Scooter

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
from someone who's done both, i can assure you, it's cheaper to have a dedicated track bike. you spend less on gas, MUCH less on insurance, maintenance is less because you're riding fewer miles, and after you ride track for a while, you have no desire at all to ride street. after growing up doing nothing but riding track, i've been on a street bike for the past 3 years, and hate it. i'm now in the process of converting my bike into a track bike, and giving up street for good. well, after i make my august trek out to deal's gap at least.

you will find out quickly that you cannot sanely and safely explore the limits of your motorcycle on the street. and to me, that's what riding is all about, knowing my bike, and knowing myself and improving both. there's a fairly low ceiling on just how hard you can push it on the street without killing yourself.

I'm not buying a bike to push it to its limits on the street. Im getting a bike to just get away from the i put up with around here in waco. When i move back to housotn, I probably wont have a desire to ride the streets even without riding on the track. but untill then I plan to buy a 600 to ride streets up around here, and when i get back to houston someday, i'll throw race plastics on it and push the bike to its limits
Old 06-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #39
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #40
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Buy 2 used bikes! For the price of one new!
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement