MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bayliss to replace Giugliano at Thai WSBK round

A new circuit for Bayliss and the rest of the WSBK field

Bayliss to replace Giugliano at Thai WSBK round

IT HAS been announced that Australian Troy Bayliss will replace Arbua.it Racing's injured Davide Giugliano at the second World Superbike round of the 2015 season in Thailand.

Three-time World Superbike Champion Bayliss will race the Panigale R at his second consecutive round of the 2015 season as a substitute rider at the Chang International Circuit in the Buriram province of Thailand 20th-22nd March.

As this Thai circuit is a new addition to the World Superbike caldner, this will not only be a new circuit for Bayliss, but for all the other WSBK riders too.

Bayliss said: "I’m really excited to be able to ride the Panigale R again and I thank the Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Superbike Team for the opportunity. It will be great to work with the team again.

"Compared to the Phillip Island round, organised pretty much at the last minute, this time I’ve had the chance to train and prepare myself properly. I’m really motivated and feeling ready; I can’t wait to get back on track!”

Giugliano is still continuing to recover from his crash injuries sustained on the first day of testing and is required to rest for another few weeks before returning to the Championship.

It is estimated that the Italian will be back for the fifth round of Imola in May, however it has not yet been announced as to whether 45-year-old Bayliss will also replace Giugliano for the following two rounds at Aragon and Assen.

Related Content

Bayliss to replace Giugliano at Phillip Island
Thailand to host 2015 WSBK round
Bayliss: "I know I can beat anyone"
Jerez WSBK test day two: Giugliano sets the pace
Bayliss doubts Rossi's move to WSB...

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement