MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2016, 02:13 PM   #261
hondarider77
Senior Member
 
hondarider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,155

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6






Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
Wouldn't pay more than 1500 for a bike without a title
hondarider77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Craigslist Steals & Deals for Auto Vehicles*** flipstyledsm22 Car Forum 5 10-27-2015 02:26 PM
wtf..."Disturbing Photo: Man Steals Girlfriend From Morgue, Posts Selfies" silverfudge Off Topic 3 09-15-2014 07:39 PM
"303" bike site... closeout deals GAU-8 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-29-2009 10:15 AM
suggest "buyer beware" sticky in for sale. Chris24 Forum Updates & Feedback 11 01-28-2008 12:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2016, 03:59 PM   #262
albertinhouston
Senior Member
 
albertinhouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,286












Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
Wouldn't pay more than 1500 for a bike without a title
Why not? I bought an 01 Lexus IS300 with out a title for $2000. did a bond($150) sold the car within 2 weeks for a profit of $1000.

Bought an 07 gsxr 1000 $2900 sold it for $5600.
08 gsxr 750 bought it at $3000 sold 2 years later $4300.

If you're not lazy and do a little research(15 minutes worth of phone calls). It can be a good thing.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #263
BigWill_85
iRide.ZX6R
 
BigWill_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
2005 Yamaha R6 (in repair)
2004 Yamaha YZF600R (sold)







https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5650600598.html
__________________
Will Emerson
2014 Ninja ZX6R
BigWill_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:52 PM   #264
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by albertinhouston View Post
Why not? I bought an 01 Lexus IS300 with out a title for $2000. did a bond($150) sold the car within 2 weeks for a profit of $1000.

Bought an 07 gsxr 1000 $2900 sold it for $5600.
08 gsxr 750 bought it at $3000 sold 2 years later $4300.

If you're not lazy and do a little research(15 minutes worth of phone calls). It can be a good thing.
What if any of those vehicles had a loan balance?
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:04 AM   #265
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,746

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lococnc View Post
What an absolute hunk of !
How can you turn something that stands up on it's own 2 wheels?
There are two legs that come down up at the front. They work with the air ride suspension. Once it is lowered all the way to the ground, those legs come down and the bike rests on it (like a stand). I've seen these on Harley baggers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:18 AM   #266
albertinhouston
Senior Member
 
albertinhouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,286












Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
What if any of those vehicles had a loan balance?
NO... That's where the research comes in....
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #267
albertinhouston
Senior Member
 
albertinhouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,286












now that I think about it... yes and no.

Non of those had liens but!...

cbr 2011 I had for sale a while back did, and after a little talking with them they gave me the title.( there was a HUGE mix up when it was sold to the guy I got it from)

My current gsxr 1000 had one at purchase and it is lien free now.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:55 AM   #268
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






The banks just gave up the liens?
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:41 AM   #269
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 885

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
There are two legs that come down up at the front. They work with the air ride suspension. Once it is lowered all the way to the ground, those legs come down and the bike rests on it (like a stand). I've seen these on Harley baggers.
Holy that is an ugly motorcycle.

It's sad because someone thinks that "x" amount of money makes it better, but that just looks like hammered dog that's been powdercoated with lime accents

That "model" looks like a lot lizard too, so much fail in one post!
Schooley is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #270
hondarider77
Senior Member
 
hondarider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,155

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6






Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
1500 is just my cutoff. To each his own. Anything above that is not worth the risk to me. Usually when they don't have titles they don't run either and that means the owners took poor care of them. A lot of my no title no running purchases turn into part outs
hondarider77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #271
albertinhouston
Senior Member
 
albertinhouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,286












Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
1500 is just my cutoff. To each his own. Anything above that is not worth the risk to me. Usually when they don't have titles they don't run either and that means the owners took poor care of them. A lot of my no title no running purchases turn into part outs
Don't get me wrong... I don't buy everyone I see. I have to go through several before I find one that's worth it.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #272
b42day
Senior Member
 
b42day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 814












Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
Holy that is an ugly motorcycle.

It's sad because someone thinks that "x" amount of money makes it better, but that just looks like hammered dog that's been powdercoated with lime accents

That "model" looks like a lot lizard too, so much fail in one post!
"lot lizard" haven't heard that term in a while...the trucker moving my household years ago had to explain it to me
b42day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:02 AM   #273
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,865

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


MRsMBbg

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5688329187.html

1993r6 zpsdjqqd6qr
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2016, 09:20 AM   #274
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,746

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
I found the riding gear that goes with the bike.

21898826dc4c9c57376511976e76191e
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2016, 11:33 AM   #275
b42day
Senior Member
 
b42day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 814












"no title" and "clean"... should not be used in the same ad...
b42day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #276
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,674

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







Found Ed's next bike.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5690496562.html

00N0N iTHv63ldBOh 600x450

Quote:
04 Yamaha R1 - $4000 (South Houston)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Shelnutt thinks mechanics should work for free
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:47 AM   #277
Kacfiz
The Kac
 
Kacfiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 781

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6D (Sold)
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius








What the is going on in this ad?

2 wheeler with tittles!

"Hello there both the bikes runs great all they need is some love & to be ridden they start right up everything works great on both bike both bike have about 15 hours on motor very strong very good bikes they sat most of the time I just replace brand new carburador on both the bikes , brand new spark plug , brand new oil change these bike are ready to go , the white one is the 150cc I'm asking $750 obo & the blue one is a 125cc I'm asking $600 both have clean blue Texas tittle ready to go!"

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5706349604.html
__________________
"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war"
Kacfiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #278
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,746

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacfiz View Post
What the is going on in this ad?

2 wheeler with tittles!

"Hello there both the bikes runs great all they need is some love & to be ridden they start right up everything works great on both bike both bike have about 15 hours on motor very strong very good bikes they sat most of the time I just replace brand new carburador on both the bikes , brand new spark plug , brand new oil change these bike are ready to go , the white one is the 150cc I'm asking $750 obo & the blue one is a 125cc I'm asking $600 both have clean blue Texas tittle ready to go!"

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5706349604.html
I was really hoping to see some when I opened that post...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #279
Shuhboogie
IS AFK
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cypress area
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 564

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacfiz View Post
Illiteracy.
Shuhboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #280
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,674

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







Guzzi Projects

977 Moto Guzzi V1000
http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/mcy/5732368247.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Shelnutt thinks mechanics should work for free
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy