Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your opinion? Cameron Super Motards 2 12-10-2014 06:46 PM
Your Opinion Mr.D General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-05-2010 06:37 PM
Will 03 600rr fit 05-06 600rr parts?? flip326 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 01-22-2009 03:18 AM
03-04 600rr VS 05-06 600rr stunterdude General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 09-30-2008 12:37 AM
what's your opinion BrokebackCowboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 12-02-2007 03:24 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Dub_B83

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

WOOT! Kawi love!

My understanding is:
Honda: Stong build and good geometry, engine lasts forever
Kawi: Higher tq/hp engine and sharper geometry, engine has some odd noises and cam problems... Tranny problems also but they may have fixed it by going to a Honda style cassette tranny.
Suzuki: Ultimate poser bike, most common reason for getting one "Well it wins championships, or so-and-so has one and says it is the best". Personally I never felt comfortable on any Suzukis long enough to try the performance difference. I hear they are more geared toward top speed than my Kawi, but I like acceleration better personally.
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Left out Yamaha, I have friends that have em but they never trust me to ride their bikes. I hear nothing but good things though... Even though I like their electronics better than their motors.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
no feathers ruffled here....but i replaced my 04' 636 with my current 600rr. although the 636 did have a little more pep than the 600rr.....the 600rr feels more consistent and stable compared to the 636. not as powerful, that's for sure.....but it feels better for me. i think it's all a preference kinda thing....but the 636 did have that little bit more power i wish the 600rr had.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

to each his own. i'm a honda guy, yamaha comes in close second, but anti-kawa and anti-suzi. its a matter of preference and how comfortable you are riding the bike.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Yeah, to be honest I love HONDA. I am anti-suzuki though... Blah! Those bikes are not built as well as Honda and Kawi I think... I mean how many stories have you heard of their frame splitting??? I did have an older model GSXR and had nothing but problems with it, I never looked back.

But your right, to each their own.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
i love everything with 2 wheels....from everything between a vespa and a ducati 1098. every bike has their issues or what not....i love em all.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari
Okay, dont mean to ruffle any feathers around here, but I rode my friends 06 600RR last night and it was a dud. Nice looking bike, but it didnt seem to have the pep that my previous Ninjas had. I cant compare it to my R6 I just sold because it was built, but was very dissappointed. Now I know why Im a Kawi guy. Just my opinion of course.
In my (limited) experience different bikes have different power ranges and a must be ridden differently. Riding it around the block or for even one night isn't gonna get you familiar enough with the bike to compare it to others IMHO.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #9
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Hard to really get an honest impression from one ride. What was the state of tune of the bike / how was it maintained?

We raced the 636 last year, and we're on a 600rr this year.

The 636 had a touch more power but the 600rr is way more stable mid corner.

In a heads up drag race with a ZX6R though (not 636), the 600RR was a touch quicker.

The Honda transmission is head and shoulders above the Kawi.

The 636 has a little better brakes.

In the end, all of todays 600's are phenomenal bikes, pick the one that you like best.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #10
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
i love everything with 2 wheels....from everything between a vespa and a ducati 1098. every bike has their issues or what not....i love em all.
It's a good thing since you're in the business your in. I'd hate to take Mogee to a die-hard Kawi fan for any kind of work. . .it'd kinda be like having to take a beloved terrier or German Sheperd to a veterinarian who only cares about poodles. Gotta wonder what kinda care your pet will recieve. :laughing6
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua
It's a good thing since you're in the business your in. I'd hate to take Mogee to a die-hard Kawi fan for any kind of work. . .it'd kinda be like having to take a beloved terrier or German Sheperd to a veterinarian who only cares about poodles. Gotta wonder what kinda care your pet will recieve. :laughing6
I believe that in "the biz" they have to look at the work needing to be done rather than let personal preference cloud work quality. I think Patrick and Tony are those kind of guys. Both of them have done me well with my 636. Work should always be separate from personal opinions.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:27 AM   #12
AWD
Cruise'n

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
Yeah, to be honest I love HONDA. I am anti-suzuki though... Blah! Those bikes are not built as well as Honda and Kawi I think...
I dont know about that one. I remember going on a ride with two 06 6r owners. We got to our destination, one couldnt start his bike up (battery Im guessing) and the other lost the screw for its rear brake reservoir. Same bikes even the same color. I just thought it was funny. :icon_bigg
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #13
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
I dont know about that one. I remember going on a ride with two 06 6r owners. We got to our destination, one couldnt start his bike up (battery Im guessing) and the other lost the screw for its rear brake reservoir. Same bikes even the same color. I just thought it was funny. :icon_bigg
that sounds like a lack of maintenance
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #14
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
Those are not related to manufacturing, they are related to someone being lazy and cheap... Lazy for not tightening the bolts (all bikes have bolts that become loose due to harmonic frequency when riding). Cheap for the guy not buying a trickle charger... I am positive that Kawi frames have been welded better than zuki frames for atleast the last 4 years... Have you ever heard of a kawi frame splitting at the WELD??? Welds are supposed to be the strongest part of the frame.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #15
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
I believe that in "the biz" they have to look at the work needing to be done rather than let personal preference cloud work quality. I think Patrick and Tony are those kind of guys. Both of them have done me well with my 636. Work should always be separate from personal opinions.
I agree Dub, in an ideal world, those in business seperate professional from personal. I haven't had a need to seek Tony's services, but I have been to Patrick before; he seems like a standup guy and consumate professional. I left more than happy with the service I received. The post wasn't intended to cast any doubts about either man's integrity; I even wondered if a die-hard Motorcycles Unlimited fan would see that my post was below Patrick's and get ruffled. :icon_bigg Wasn't intended for that. I just wanted to joke with Tony and make another silly simile.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #16
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 06-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #17
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua
I agree Dub, in an ideal world, those in business seperate professional from personal. I haven't had a need to seek Tony's services, but I have been to Patrick before; he seems like a standup guy and consumate professional. I left more than happy with the service I received. The post wasn't intended to cast any doubts about either man's integrity; I even wondered if a die-hard Motorcycles Unlimited fan would see that my post was below Patrick's and get ruffled. :icon_bigg Wasn't intended for that. I just wanted to joke with Tony and make another silly simile.
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 You mean this world isn't perfect?!? ! Didn't read that in the brochure! I was more or less defending honest professionals, not just those guys. I would hope that motorcycle mechanics all over the place have respect for everyone on any type of bike... I mean we are all part of the two wheel club, right!?! I guess your right though, I would never bring my Kawasaki to my girlfriend's dad's Harley shop. I don't mind the Harley guys (other than them never wearing gear or drinking and riding), but they despise sport bike riders.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #18
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 06-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #19
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
that sounds like a lack of maintenance

Actually it wasn't. At all. Both bikes were right at 4k miles, and still under full manufacturers warranty. I know this for fact because my bike was the one with a bad voltage regulator(Not a bad battery as Orlando stated)
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #20
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Those are not related to manufacturing, they are related to someone being lazy and cheap... Lazy for not tightening the bolts (all bikes have bolts that become loose due to harmonic frequency when riding). Cheap for the guy not buying a trickle charger... I am positive that Kawi frames have been welded better than zuki frames for atleast the last 4 years... Have you ever heard of a kawi frame splitting at the WELD??? Welds are supposed to be the strongest part of the frame.

Now I'm cheap? I ride my bike almost every single day, rain or shine. I have NO need for a trickle charger champ.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement