MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

I've jiust given up

I have to go to Austin this morning to pickup my cousin's s/o who died in a highspeed moto wreck. WTF is it with people who mix alcohol/riding/speed?

Yeah I've been critical of those who are self appointed overseers but I speak for myself in saying that responsibility on two wheels is mine alone and that of anyone that sits in the saddle. You take matters into your own hands when you ride.. I know better but I don't know about the guy riding on the next lane. Bbut I'm so f'ing tired of seeing people die for just plain stupidity.

We can legislate helmet laws, speed limits and criticize each other for the way we dress, helmets we wear, even the kinda bikes we ride, but you can't regulate stupidity or just plain ignorance.

MSF, we have to fight in the next legislative session that it become mandatory for anyone getting their m/c license to complete the course before they receive their license. We gotta do it people.

-d :icon_smil
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I've looked high and I've looked low.... ScooterTrash Off Topic 4 06-21-2010 04:25 PM
I've resigned to the fact that once again I've voted for the loser logan5 The Circus 20 11-05-2008 03:52 PM
I've never seen anything like this before... Seth General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 04-16-2007 05:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

Sorry to hear that.

what is s/o?
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Significant other?
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
maskale

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

makes sense now, thanks.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
apalonia6
s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600

Send a message via Yahoo to apalonia6
My prayers are with you..
apalonia6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
Significant other?
Yeah, basically the guy that was f*cking her but never married her, kids and all. I didn't know him that well or at all I should say. I met him at a family thing but didn't have much of a conversation with him. My cousin is the kinda relative that calls when they need something...and right now they need something.

-d
Old 06-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

I understand your frustration, this is why I have not began to ride on the street yet.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #8
Candie

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Wow! That maust be horrible for you! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
I have to go to Austin this morning to pickup my cousin's s/o who died in a highspeed moto wreck. WTF is it with people who mix alcohol/riding/speed?

Yeah I've been critical of those who are self appointed overseers but I speak for myself in saying that responsibility on two wheels is mine alone and that of anyone that sits in the saddle. You take matters into your own hands when you ride.. I know better but I don't know about the guy riding on the next lane. Bbut I'm so f'ing tired of seeing people die for just plain stupidity.

We can legislate helmet laws, speed limits and criticize each other for the way we dress, helmets we wear, even the kinda bikes we ride, but you can't regulate stupidity or just plain ignorance.

MSF, we have to fight in the next legislative session that it become mandatory for anyone getting their m/c license to complete the course before they receive their license. We gotta do it people.

-d :icon_smil
This is assuming that they actually take the time to go get the "M" liscence. There are so many people that don't even have that. the latest example i saw was of 2 people that left Xanthia's wreck to go back to PP1 because they don't have the right endorsement. there was a MH ride a few weeks back where someone was acting dumb, got pulled over and went to jail for no "M" endorsement. It's not hard to get so why don't people do it?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #10
Brena23
Mothernugget

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

sorry to hear Rip to the guy and sorry you have to deal with that

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 AM   #11
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Was this another ROT Rally related death?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #12
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Well, if there were a petition to sign, or legislator to contact about making MSF mandatory, Id sign up.
Maybe we should take an initiative upon ourselves to get the ball rolling. Racer X? Any suggestions?

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #13
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
RIP, prayers your way
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #14
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller
This is assuming that they actually take the time to go get the "M" liscence. There are so many people that don't even have that. the latest example i saw was of 2 people that left Xanthia's wreck to go back to PP1 because they don't have the right endorsement. there was a MH ride a few weeks back where someone was acting dumb, got pulled over and went to jail for no "M" endorsement. It's not hard to get so why don't people do it?
Legislate the requirement of the MSF and make it hurt severely when someone is caught riding without the "M" endorsement. People shouldn't die for something that they enjoy doing, they need to learn to do it responsibly. Today is a new day for us, there are those who are now at rest because they didn't know any better or never learned from someone else. We gotta make a difference people.

-d
Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #15
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Legislate the requirement of the MSF and make it hurt severely when someone is caught riding without the "M" endorsement. People shouldn't die for something that they enjoy doing, they need to learn to do it responsibly. Today is a new day for us, there are those who are now at rest because they didn't know any better or never learned from someone else. We gotta make a difference people.

-d
+1, but some of those don't have the wisdom to know what responsibility on a motorcycle really is
Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #16
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
Well, if there were a petition to sign, or legislator to contact about making MSF mandatory, Id sign up.
Maybe we should take an initiative upon ourselves to get the ball rolling. Racer X? Any suggestions?
I have a good idea of how to get this done. It's going to be 2 more years before the next legislative session, but we have to put the wheels in motion (so to speak) in the next few months in order to be successful.

I'll do some research into who sits on the transportation committees/sub-committees and who chairs them. We can and will get something done as a riding community for the benefit of not only the riders but the families who pay a higher price for their loss.

-d
Old 06-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #17
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Not a good way to spend a Fri.

Sorry for the loss.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

MSF should be mandantory, as well as the "M" endorsement. Dealers should start asking for the DL when they sell the bike. Insurance companies also.

Caught without should be bike towed and heavy fines.

Of course, this starts the whole "big brother is watching" syndrom, but driving/riding is a privilege, not a right.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #19
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

....or just make people responsible for their own actions. People are still going to be dumb. I wanted to take the MSF course but there was a 2 month wait and I didn't feel like paying $200. I'm still wanting to take it but can't find the time.

Sorry for your cousin's loss.
Drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #20
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
MSF should be mandantory, as well as the "M" endorsement. Dealers should start asking for the DL when they sell the bike. Insurance companies also.

Caught without should be bike towed and heavy fines.

Of course, this starts the whole "big brother is watching" syndrom, but driving/riding is a privilege, not a right.
exactly... i thought they used to do that? I had a dealership ask to see my friend's M endorsement before they gave him the key to the bike he just bought

Advertisement