Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Houston Texans David Quessenberry says his cancer is in remission

It was a very special day for the Houston Texans visiting Texas Children's Hospital, but it got even better after KPRC 2 spoke to offensive lineman David Quessenberry.

"I finished radiation two weeks ago. I'm officially in remission. I love saying that," Quessenberry told KPRC 2 Wednesday.

Quessenberry was diagnosed with lymphoma last June and is now working out and hoping to rejoin the team.

"I'm just using every day to get back to where I was before it happen. I know it's not going to take a week or a month, but hopefully in time I can get back to that," said Quessenberry.

He joined a handful of his teammates and spent time with children in the hospital.

"To be able to do something like that and give them a break. Obviously a lot of these kids in here are going through some tough times, and anything we can do to help mentally and physically we definitely welcome," said Texans linebacker Brian Cushing.

"My day is going great. Get to see all these kids up here smiling and playing game, a little arts and crafts. To see these kids and put a smile on their face, it means something to us," said Texans quarterback Ryan Mallett.

For head coach Bill O'Brien, the hospital trip has a personal tie. Texas Children's Hospital is where he brings his son, who has a neurological disorder.

"I'm very familiar with his hospital. It's where my wife and I bring our son, Jack, and it's been the best hospital we've been involved with," said O'Brien.

quessenberry jpg

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement