MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Possible RIP thread for Harris County Sherrif

Another one that I feel could have been prevented with the use of a helmet. It kind of me of and sad at the same time. I am not sad for the fallen but I am for his family. Also at the hit and run driver.
http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?s=6604115

From my350z.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by IX R3VAN XI
I know this has nothing to do with the 350Z, but I wanted as many people to read this as possible. My dad is a Harley Davidson fanatic! He is also a Harris County Sheriffs Deputy. He's been riding since he was 16. He was attending the ROT Rally out in Austin, Texas (Coming from Houston).

They arrived last Thursday and everything went great, but the next day on Friday as he, my mom, and a friend of thiers, were riding (on the outskirts of downtown Austin) a car was speeding along behind them and was trying to pass. This whole time the car is behind my mom so my dad slows down to prevent this car from coming between them and seperating him from my mom (she's very clumsy so he's ALWAYS trying to protect her) and when he does this the car starts speeding around them and cuts back onto their lane and he clips the front tire of my dads bike and my dad lost it and flipped the bike repeatedly, hit the concrete, and flew out onto the side of the road into the grass and trees.

He was life-flighted to Brackenridge (something like that) in downtown Austin real close to the University of Texas. He is currently in the ICU in a coma. They had to do surgery on him and ended up taking out a part of his brain and removing a piece of his skull to relieve some of the pressure in his head since the brain started swelling. A few days ago the Doctors told us he only had a few hours to live and for us to say our goodbyes, and as hard as that was most of us somehow managed to do it. Then a few hours later he decides hes not ready to die and manages to slightly improve. That was Saturday or Sunday night I believe (I havent been able to get much sleep so excuse my spelling and the not-so-pinpoint dates) and he has been holding on ever since.

A few hours ago the Doctors tell my mom that there is no chance of recovery (again) and that he is going to die (again). They also tell her that she needs to let go of him and let him die peacefully, that she is just pro-longing his death. She wants to hold out for a few more days before she even thinks about making a decision.

The doctors have done everything they can do, and the only thing we have left is prayer. All I ask, even though you all dont know him, is that you all pray for him please. His name is John Rodriguez. Please, prayer is the only chance we have left.

Charles Uresti

(Also, the car that clipped my dad never even bothered to stop or call for help, he or she just kept on going)
Quote:
Well the doctors told my mom there is no chance of recovery, that the brain was just too badly damaged. They want her to let go of him and let him die peacefully. They say they are sure he is feeling no pain right now, and if or when he does pass on he will feel nothing. My mom talked it over with his main family (his 2 sisters and his favorite niece whom he loved like a daughter) and they have come to the decision to wait another day or two and then (most likely) take him off of life support.

I am very proud of him for hanging on this long and proving those doctors wrong if even for a little while. If the good Lord wants him to stay with us, he will breathe on his own when they take him off of life support, if not, I will know its what intended, it wont make the pain any less real, but it will be slightly comforting.

I dont see them taking him off of life support as giving up, I just see it as us giving him a chance to meet the good Lord and decide whether to let him stay with us, or to let him join his parents up in Heaven. If he does move on, I know I will be able to put my grieving on hold for the most part so I can get my mom and my 10yr old brother through this. In the near future I will have to look for a job to help pay some of the bills around here because I know he wants me to take over for him and help provide for his family. I just graduated also so I am going to have to put college on hold for a little while (or long while, dont know yet) to help keep the family on track, but I have a whole lot of extended family who are being extremely supportive and I KNOW they will help us out for as long as we need it.

I want to thank everyone for reading what I have to say and showing thier support for me and my family. And please tell all your loved ones just how much you love them and NEVER take them for granted because you never know when a situation like this can happen. Please do that for me and continuing praying, I am not giving up until the very end.

Situations like this get you to grow up real fast....
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw this RIP thread on FB Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 06-13-2014 10:59 AM
cops tv show finally back with harris co sherrif OMEGA Off Topic 3 01-31-2009 08:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
RIP, prayers for family
Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

oh my.
screwed up world we are living in.
people dont care for each other anymore.
sad.
RIP

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Devastated... My prayers for them
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #5
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Very sad =( R.I.P If that happend to one of my brothers I would find out who it was and kill him with my bare hands!!! That realy makes me angry....

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:14 PM   #6
eugene

RIP
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Man, this rips my heart out. I feel so bad for the family.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

RIP
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #9
JunGLe chiKeN

RIP, i feel bad for the family
JunGLe chiKeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #10
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Im honestly almost in tears after reading that and just imagining what it would be like to lose my dad to something like that. That is about the saddest story i have heard so far for bike accidents.

I would be willing to send some money to help the family or doing something to help!

My prayers are with the family!!!!!!!
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #11
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
see you on the other side John Rodriguez. my prayers go out to him and his fam.

sure is a fked up world we live in nowadayz.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #12
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

I just cant believe the driver didnt even stop. He/she should be beaten and left for dead as well...
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #13
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
My prayers go out to his family and everyone else family who has to go through this. His son seems to be very strong and it's good that he is for his mom and his brother.

Now for the piece of who didn't have any patience, where were you in such a rush to that your dumb had to TRY and pass motorcycles (or even if it was a car) on a ****in curve. You couldn't have waiting to see a broken yellow line that allows you to pass. Hey genius, they were put there for a ****in reason. I hope you die a slow painful death... No better yet, I hope you find out what happens and I hope you are scare shitless and if you DON'T turn yourself in like you should that this eats you alive you piece of .
Old 06-08-2007, 08:31 AM   #14
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

RIP
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #15
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

RIP
Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #16
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie_king
Very sad =( R.I.P If that happend to one of my brothers(OR FATHER OR FRIEND ETC.) I would find out who it was and kill him with my bare hands!!! That realy makes me angry....
Ditto dude.

RIP to him and his.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #17
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

More qoutes from my350z.com
Quote:
Well my dad passed away June 7th, 2007 at 5:45 p.m. They took off his life support and he tried to hold on for as long as he could, and he did, but he just couldnt hold on like that. I want to thank everyone for your support and prayers, I let my mom read the threads I had made a few days ago and it really comforted her, if only a little, that so many people are praying for my Dad and us.

We are looking into getting him the Harley Davidson Hearse (sp) so he can go on his Last Ride! Thats what he wanted, he told us himself while he was still with us, alive and well some of his friends will follow the hearse while on thier Harleys, so my dad can have his last ride with all his friends. I am going to follow in my Z if I can, because he liked my Z, he said it reminded him of when he had his GT Mustang and his Corvette

I know the funeral will be soon and I was wandering if any of the Z guys around Houston would like to follow me will I drive behind my Dad for his last ride, I had always told him I wanted to take him out on a cruise with the Z Club of Houston, but niether of us really got around to it, busy and what-not. Or if not for the cruise maybe just stop by and say hello or sorry, just offering support. I know he would think it would be cool to have a few Z's parked next to mine, he liked it when his friends wife would park her 06 Red Roadster Z next to mine, then he would joke around about how he was going to by a brand new Z that would be better than mine so he could go out cruising Anyways, I know that would help out my mom and myself just knowing we have even MORE support out there!

Once again, my thanks to everyone for their support and prayers! And please keep praying for my family and my Dad in Heaven! We will need them during these next few months....

Charles Uresti
Old 06-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #18
The Sooz

Bike(s):
2005 kx85 motard
2004 TTR-125L
2008 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
2005 Motobecane 300HT

RIP

The Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #19
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

This is very tragic, I am so sorry for your loss. Your stength and admiration for your father is very touching. This has moved me in a way no other thread ever has. I am very broken up at the things you and your family will have to endour. Your father was a very lucky man to have a son like you. You are the man now and me being a mother myself can certainly appreciate your devotion to your family. I have never cried over a thread, but you have moved me to tears with your story. I cannot hope for harm to come to those who caused this as it could bring bad carma but I will say that I hope they discover who did this and are delt with by the powers that be. My prayers are with you and your family in this time of need.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

I would also like to add if you or your family needs anything please call and I will do whatever I can to help

Advertisement