Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|02-23-2015, 09:50 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Sepang MotoGP test II times day one
Rossi tops the time sheets 0776s ahead of Marquez
MOVISTAR Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi topped the time sheets after a few hours in boiling hot weather at the second Sepang test of 2015.
‘The Doctor’ completed a lap at 2:00.414 placing him 0.129s off his closest rival of day one Dani Pedrosa for Repsol Honda.
The nine time World Champion set his fastest lap on lap 25 of 32 and seemingly has benefitted from the upgraded seamless shift gearbox that the Movistar Yamaha Team have brought to the second preseason Sepang test. However, Yamaha have not confirmed as to whethere they have brought the full seamless gearbox to Malaysia or not.
Pedrosa decided on his choice of bike at the first Sepang test earlier this month and therefore spent most of the morning fine tuning the setup before putting in a time 6 tenths of a second faster than his Repsol Honda team-mate Marc Marquez who finished down in 6th.
Pol Espagaro finished third fastest 0.462s behind Rossi as the Spaniard focused on fine tuning his electronics package and has now found a setting which allows him to consistently lap under the 2:02 mark.
Team Suzuki MotoGP have made progress with the older Espargaro brother Aleix as they finished day one of the second test in fourth. New fairings that have been developed in Japan were the addition to the factory Suzuki along with some engine updates to address their lack of power previously seen earlier on this month.
Rossi’s team-mate Lorenzo finished 7 tenths off the Italian, but Lorenzo did put in more laps than any other rider. The Spaniard spent time adjusting to the gearbox and how learning how it affects breaking stability.
Double MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez finished in sixth with a time of 2:01.190, 2.3s slower than his record breaking time set in the first test of this year.
Briton Cal Crutchlow appears to have got to grips with the CWM-LCR Honda RC213V adopting a slightly more aggressive riding style. Crutchlow’s pace over day one proved he could be a serious podium contender, but finished 7th overall for the day.
Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Brit Bradley Smith finished less than 2 hundredths of a second behind his fellow Brit Crutchlow, but is still continuing to recover from an ankle injury. Suzuki’s Maverick Vinales finished in 9th.
And, at long last, Ducati have now unveiled their GP15 bike at the Sepang test. Andrea Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone rode both the GP15 and GP14.3 back-to-back. Across the day it was Dovizioso that appeared to adapt more easily to the smaller bike compared to his team-mate Iannone. They both finished 10th and 15th respectively.
The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS team tested out new brake updates with Scott Redding on-board the RC213V as well as trying to find the optimal chassis setup. Confidence with the bike seem to be improving for Redding as he finished in 11th, just 1.1 seconds slower than Rossi.
Continuing their development of their Ride Smart-GP machine, the Aprilia Racing Team Gresini brought ‘an evolution’ of the bike they used in the first test which allowed Alvaro Bautista to finish 12th whereas his team-mate Marco Melandri finished at the bottom in 27th.
Test times after day one:
1. Valentino Rossi Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 2:00.414 25 / 54
2. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 2:00.543 (+0.129) 20 / 48
3. Pol Espargaro Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2:00.876 (+0.462) 17 / 44
4. Aleix Espargaro Team Suzuki MotoGP 2:01.055 (+0.641) 17 / 39
5. Jorge Lorenzo Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 2:01.162 (+0.748) 37 / 51
6. Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team 2:01.190 (+0.776) 24 / 43
7. Cal Crutchlow CWM LCR Honda 2:01.222 (+0.808) 13 / 37
8. Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2:01.241 (+0.827) 22 / 50
9. Maverick Vinales Team Suzuki MotoGP 2:01.317 (+0.903) 22 / 50
10. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team 2:01.355 (+0.941) 5 / 23
11. Scott Redding Estrella Galicia 0.0 Marc VDS 2:01.592 (+1.178) 31 / 47
12. Alvaro Bautista Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 2:01.740 (+1.326) 29 / 47
13. Hector Barbera Avintia Racing 2:01.926 (+1.512) 6 / 39
14. Nicky Hayden Drive M7 Aspar 2:02.062 (+1.648) 26 / 39
15. Andrea Iannone Ducati Team 2:02.142 (+1.728) 16 / 30
16. Danilo Petrucci Pramac Racing 2:02.225 (+1.811) 9 / 35
17. Karel Abraham AB Motoracing 2:02.394 (+1.980) 26 / 28
18. Stefan Bradl Forward Racing Team 2:02.410 (+1.996) 19 / 42
19. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Racing 2:02.606 (+2.192) 24 / 29
20. Eugene Laverty Drive M7 Aspar 2:02.730 (+2.316) 28 / 43
21. Mike di Meglio Avintia Racing 2:02.941 (+2.527) 23 / 33
22. Jack Miller CWM LCR Honda 2:03.006 (+2.592) 23 / 35
23. Michele Pirro Ducati Test Team 2:03.105 (+2.691) 33 / 35
24. Loris Baz Forward Racing Team 2:03.316 (+2.902) 28 / 37
25. Katsuyuki Nakasuga Yamaha Factory Test Team 2:03.337 (+2.923) 24 / 43
26. Alex de Angelis Octo Ioda Racing Team 2:03.966 (+3.552) 8 / 42
27. Marco Melandri Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 2:04.000 (+3.586) 29) / 39
Sepang MotoGP test times - day one
Sepang MotoGP test times - day two
Sepang MotoGP test times - day three
Sepang MotoGP test times - Day 2
Marquez leads Rossi at halfway mark