MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #61
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch

Peeps...

Bottom line is know your limits. Use a little common sense for their application.
So who are the sheeple? those who pin the throttle or ride triple digit speeds on any freeway at any time because some in the group choose to do so? or the ones with the to come on here & call out those that ride so irresponsibly.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dunno if this goes here, but.... NforS88 How To's and Q & A's 6 11-01-2013 11:20 AM
I dunno who won still... LoudDowd General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-15-2012 02:22 PM
i dunno why cashtown Off Topic 1 11-18-2009 07:31 PM
dunno if its been brought up or not ScooterTrash Off Topic 10 06-02-2006 09:45 AM
Dunno if any one has seen this... ShortbyNature General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-08-2005 06:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #62
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrs
So who are the sheeple? those who pin the throttle or ride triple digit speeds on any freeway at any time because some in the group choose to do so? or the ones with the to come on here & call out those that ride so irresponsibly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the sheeple the original poster was referring to was all those that jump on the bandwagon when someone posts about doing speed.

Kinda like those that have never sped, cast the first ball bearing.. :icon_bigg
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #63
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch

Kinda like those that have never sped, cast the first ball bearing.. :icon_bigg
maybe I'm nuts but I think there's a huge differance between stretching the speed limit by 5-10mph & doing speeds & the law agrees,cops routinely disregard those running a little over, some on here have gotten nailed doing & I bet it sucked huge at the time
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #64
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Ok ok, this thread has broke my wall of secrecy! I am finally going to admit that i often love doing 100mph+ around the neighborhood streets naked with gloves on of course! Gotta protect those hands you know! I like to lane split on the freeway (especially in traffic jams/saves time) and ride stoppies at every red light! Before i take off again, i boil the tire down and sling rubber all over the car behind me all in while flicking random pedestrians off!

JK! Someone had to break up all these serious business! Ride how you want to but stay in your limits and use your head (not as a frame slider of course!) is all there is to it. There is a time and a place for everything.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #65
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
There are these neat locations....called 'tracks'. They let cars and motorcycles operate them at higher speeds...
..and just because the things has 6 gears, does not mean you have to hit the rev limit for each gear either.
your right...everyone might as well trade in our bikes for 500 cc's.
thats literally all we would need to ride like you say. HONESTLY!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #66
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
your right...everyone might as well trade in our bikes for 500 cc's.
thats literally all we would need to ride like you say. HONESTLY!

Concepts like... responsibility, intelligent thought & self control apparently are foreign.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #67
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Ok ok, this thread has broke my wall of secrecy! I am finally going to admit that i often love doing 100mph+ around the neighborhood streets naked with gloves on of course! Gotta protect those hands you know!

JK! Someone had to break up all these serious business! Ride how you want to but stay in your limits and use your head (not as a frame slider of course!) is all there is to it. There is a time and a place for everything.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #68
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
With all due respect, why is it that people act all shocked and when they open a thread and read that someone was doing 100, 150 or even *dare I say?* over 200mph?

Do all the sheeple that are shocked ride mopeds with neutered motors? I know not everyone rides a 250 kwak with a clothespin and cardboard on the forks to make it sound like a real bike, c'mon get real. (no offense to you 250 riders)

Is there anyone here than can say that they've never exceeded the speed limit? You always, ALWAYS wear your gear EVERYWHERE???

I'm convinced that most of the people here are worried or at least concerned that someone from the outside could lurk and find that we are *gasp* actually enjoying riding and that sometimes we even exceed the speed limit. I dunno but I think that most of the people at the municipal courts charged with speeding are by far cagers and not bikers.

What is it? Do you really think that everyone that buys a sportbike does it for gas mileage? Even worse, do you really think that anyone else out there is really under the illusion that we (as a group) observe the speed limit anymore than the cagers?

Sure we want to present a law biding face to the public, but why are you guys hiding under your mirrored lids?

-d :confused2

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 phag..

jkng

When you gonna post GPS speed on your bike?
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #69
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Thought some of you would like that. lol
Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #70
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
I speed all over the place.. that's probably why my bike is blown up...

Isle of Man over seas?..... pssh... Isle of Man Houston/Sugar Land edition....

I would love the fact of speeding coming for a straight 90 degree angle turn braking oh so hard, downshifting, back skipping out sometimes, rear wheel rising some, dump it and turn and gas it back hard in first with the front wheel facing up as you go for a slight left handed turn, set the front wheel back down and lean into the turn and gas again only to come to a screeching stop for the stop sign.

And thats just exiting the Fountains on 59 and taking a right on Corporate. lol

I used to say I'll die one day on my bike.... I'm still waiting.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #71
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los

I would love the fact of speeding coming for a straight 90 degree angle turn braking oh so hard, downshifting, back skipping out sometimes, rear wheel rising some, dump it and turn and gas it back hard in first with the front wheel facing up as you go for a slight left handed turn, set the front wheel back down and lean into the turn and gas again only to come to a screeching stop for the stop sign.

+1

I may be young, but the main way i learned how to ride so well was learning how to keep up with fools like you. When i was on the r1 in a nice open stretch, no cars, no nothing... It wont hurt anybody other than myself if i maybe do speeds for a few secs just for a good lil blast to get the adrenaline going once in a while.

If im riding myself, I will sometimes ride my limits, not the speed limits. My limit could be 5 over, or it could be 50 over. It all depends on the conditions and if i feel like it. There are also times when i just feel like riding chill and cruising the speedlimits and watching all the idiot cagers fly by.

And as for gear, I believe in a helmet and jacket etc., but once in a blue moon when i ride normally, i wont wear a jacket, but always a helmet. If im out riding how i feel like, I'll be fully suited.

We bought bikes to take a risk and have fun on.. Its up to you to decide how big of a risk you want to take or what you consider fun. If you conder doing 5mph over a big risk, and actually doing 25 through that 25mph rated turn, then go right on ahead. But I'll continue to ride within my limits, which may not be legal, but thats the risk i take to have fun.

Last edited by Vandals; 06-07-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #72
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals
+1

I may be young, but the main way i learned how to ride so well was learning how to keep up with fools like you. When i was on the r1 in a nice open stretch, no cars, no nothing... It wont hurt anybody other than myself if i maybe do speeds for a few secs just for a good lil blast to get the adrenaline going once in a while.

If im riding myself, I will sometimes ride my limits, not the speed limits. My limit could be 5 over, or it could be 50 over. It all depends on the conditions and if i feel like it. There are also times when i just feel like riding chill and cruising the speedlimits and watching all the idiot cagers fly by.

And as for gear, I believe in a helmet and jacket etc., but once in a blue moon when i ride normally, i wont wear a jacket, but always a helmet. If im out riding how i feel like, I'll be fully suited.

We bought bikes to take a risk and have fun on.. Its up to you to decide how big of a risk you want to take or what you consider fun. If you conder doing 5mph over a big risk, and actually doing 25 through that 25mph rated turn, then go right on ahead. But I'll continue to ride within my limits, which may not be legal, but thats the risk i take to have fun.
Very well put!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #73
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los

ehrelax . take et ezzzy.
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #74
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Sure we want to present a law biding face to the public, but why are you guys hiding under your mirrored lids?
You're an @SS.

NOT HIDING - my bike is a litre bike and tops out @ 117.

No, you didn't read that wrong. Litre bike. Just not a sport bike.
I've gotten it up there only a few times and that was just to see what it could do. I typically don't exceed limit +10-15%.

Oh, and I wear all my gear with the exception of moving around a parking lot, test ride less than a mile, etc.

Why, pray tell, are you assuming speed limits have to be broken (and I mean EXTREMELY broken) to have fun?
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #75
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
You're an @SS.

NOT HIDING - my bike is a litre bike and tops out @ 117.

No, you didn't read that wrong. Litre bike. Just not a sport bike.
I've gotten it up there only a few times and that was just to see what it could do. I typically don't exceed limit +10-15%.

Oh, and I wear all my gear with the exception of moving around a parking lot, test ride less than a mile, etc.

Why, pray tell, are you assuming speed limits have to be broken (and I mean EXTREMELY broken) to have fun?
117 and its a litre?? Thats crazy! Id be topping it out everytime noone was around (in a safe area of course).
Old 06-07-2007, 11:00 PM   #76
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los

Man, i wouldnt be waiting to die on your bike. Id ride it like i wanted to have fun within reason but i wouldnt push them so hard that i know im gonna kill myself one day. Just my opinion.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #77
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
ehrelax . take et ezzzy.
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #78
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Quote:
117 and its a litre?? Thats crazy! Id be topping it out everytime noone was around (in a safe area of course).
For what purpose? To say "I went fast" ?

I've got better things to do with my time and better ways to use the rubber on the tires that I pay for.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #79
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
For what purpose? To say "I went fast" ?

I've got better things to do with my time and better ways to use the rubber on the tires that I pay for.
Well not just to say you went fast but to have fun doing it! Maybe you dont exactly fall into the same category as the most of us with sport bikes. I believe in riding responsible and safe but every now and then, you gotta be able to just let loose on it and get a good rush out of it. I know thats why most people on here own the sport bikes is for the power they have and the fun they have on them. Everyone feels differently but judging off the fact that you bought a cruising style sport bike, id guess you are more into the cruising style of riding but most of us that buy the bikes like we have like to use them for what they are designed every now and then and ride aggressive to get the rush and have some fun.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #80
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Quote:
...Everyone feels differently but judging off the fact that you bought a cruising style sport bike, id guess you are more into the cruising style of riding ....
Nope, but everything has a time and place.

I've said it a million times - everyone has an opinion. A difference in opinions does not mean that someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong. What if my only purpose for being on this board was to step in every now and then and show people how much fun can be had legally? That not everyone has to ride fast? I'm not telling YOU not to, but I do ask that you do it responsibly so that you aren't harming me, my friends, my family, innocent bystanders, animals, public property (aka my tax dollars), and the image of "bikers" as a whole.

Now.. I like to go fast sometimes, but I've also seen grown men and women having the time of their lives riding within speed limits and with great care and caution to their surroundings so as to reduce (because we can never eliminate) the risk of injury or death. If you've got some spare time on your hands, I've got dozens of links to ride and trip reports that'll have you wishing you were there.

Advertisement