MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #41
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
sheeple is the proper word for the situation. some of the people who post on here simply morph into the voices and ideas they read on a daily basis. i expect most of them to post similar responses, and they do, because they all want to be the same as those they are attempting to become. When people(such as yourself) stand up for what they believe in regardless of what everyone else thinks, i appreciate it. When was the last time you attended a MH function? all of the bikes are the same, all of the accessories are the same, all of the attitudes are the same. Stand up for yourself and set yourself apart from the crowd or get lost in it. . .
:notworthy
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dunno if this goes here, but.... NforS88 How To's and Q & A's 6 11-01-2013 11:20 AM
I dunno who won still... LoudDowd General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-15-2012 02:22 PM
i dunno why cashtown Off Topic 1 11-18-2009 07:31 PM
dunno if its been brought up or not ScooterTrash Off Topic 10 06-02-2006 09:45 AM
Dunno if any one has seen this... ShortbyNature General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-08-2005 06:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #42
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
You take much poetic licensing in your prose and you've stolen a few lines from my threads, but I'll overlook that and leave it to your inexperience in these matters.

I won't get into a verbal match with you over this. But I will say this, being an old fart doesn't insure that you're going to be a better rider than a younger one. Always observing the speed limit is no guarantee that you're going to make it home at the end of the day.
No what...no one claimed that it did either. What an 'old fart' in this regards has over the younger is experience. Now you talk about 'self-rightous people' and ignore the hypocrisy of your own comments and assumptions. The gist, the heart of the rest of what you said below is more accurate than your previous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
It's called using your noodle. Don't ride like a jerk in traffic and never ride in the 'hood like you're on the freeway. I have a clean driving record and I haven't had a conviction in more than 10 years. I've gone faster than anyone else here on the board not just because I can but because I do it skillfully and more than anything else I do it carefully.

I want to go home at the end of the ride, watching my daughters grow up is the most important thing in my life. But I don't like the self-righteous people that act like they've always obeyed EVERY traffic law and are the self appointed overseers of the rest of us.
It is more productive to have the accident posts and commentary/reminders about ''riding" right, than not...or than to argue/point fingers at those that comment one way and ride another. If you really feel the need, wait til they go down then hit em with their own words.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #43
jus10

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

SSDD
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #44
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykohaulic
I like how the dogs made it in there. Dunno why, just got a kick outta that.

Also, not to jack the thread, but why do they have to be snot nosed kids? My only point is that I hope you don't just assume that because a young guy is on a sport bike he is inexperienced or completely reckless. I'm 22, and I'd like to think I ride with good discretion. I'm positive I could stand to learn from some of you older guys, but I don't think I'm a danger to myself or anyone else on the road. There are a lot of complete idiots on motorcycles out there, and a good majority are young people, but there are still a good bit of us younger ones out there with a tangible amount of respect for our machinery and our older riders.

There are lots of younger riders that respect the motorcycle. There are more that do not. My statement was generalized but meant to underscore the fact that I do not let other riders determine my rate of travel. I am shocked when I see some one wrecks a 150 mph. Seems like the majority of people buy sport bikes because of their speed capability and then let their friends talk them into getting the latest and greatest and follow those same friends to the end because they don't want to be harrassed about chicken strips. I will always preach safety..I make no apologies for doing so. I just spent 1600 dollars on a new set of leathers so I would be that much more comfortable wearing them in the heat.I know when I was younger I needed some one to slow my down. I had all my friends the same age doing all the same stupid stuff. There needs to be the voices of reason standing out among the crowd to help keep reality in check.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #45
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
There needs to be the voices of reason standing out among the crowd to help keep reality in check.
the crowd sounds the same day in and day out...same thoughts regurgitated. People don't change because you say they should, , as far as they're concerned "who the are you to tell them anything?" People change their ways when they're good and ready and/or experience something traumatic or have a "close call" or what have you. That's just how people are.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #46
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
the crowd sounds the same day in and day out...same thoughts regurgitated. People don't change because you say they should, , as far as they're concerned "who the are you to tell them anything?" People change their ways when they're good and ready and/or experience something traumatic or have a "close call" or what have you. That's just how people are.
I know that...that doesn't mean we should all keep quiet and look the other way. I'd like for my friends to be around tomorrow. I am willing to fight for that.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #47
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
I know that...that doesn't mean we should all keep quiet and look the other way. I'd like for my friends to be around tomorrow. I am willing to fight for that.

+1

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #48
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
And that's your decision. Who am I to tell you what you should or shouldn't do? But I'm fully aware that just because I tell someone something, even if it makes sense a thousand times over, they won't listen until they're ready. No one can change that.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #49
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

I should add that not EVERYONE is how I mentioned...only the vast majority. Some people will listen for whatever reason, and won't need the "wake up call". Others......well.....
Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #50
psykohaulic
I'm your huckleberry...

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
04 R6
84 Tecate 250 3 wheeler

Send a message via AIM to psykohaulic
Quote:
There are lots of younger riders that respect the motorcycle. There are more that do not. My statement was generalized but meant to underscore the fact that I do not let other riders determine my rate of travel. I am shocked when I see some one wrecks a 150 mph. Seems like the majority of people buy sport bikes because of their speed capability and then let their friends talk them into getting the latest and greatest and follow those same friends to the end because they don't want to be harrassed about chicken strips. I will always preach safety..I make no apologies for doing so. I just spent 1600 dollars on a new set of leathers so I would be that much more comfortable wearing them in the heat.I know when I was younger I needed some one to slow my down. I had all my friends the same age doing all the same stupid stuff. There needs to be the voices of reason standing out among the crowd to help keep reality in check.

Cool deal then.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #51
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
And that's your decision. Who am I to tell you what you should or shouldn't do? But I'm fully aware that just because I tell someone something, even if it makes sense a thousand times over, they won't listen until they're ready. No one can change that.

your right...that is my decision. The difference is I am not telling you not to voice your opinion. There will always be the people you can't reach...whatever. Can't any one say that louis doesn't try to do his part for motorcycle safety. To me it is sad that there are alot of people that I choose not to ride with because of their riding habits. There are people that choose not to ride with me because I do not ride fast enough for them...so be it. I learned a long time ago that you can please some of the people some of the time but never all the people all the time. I am a big boy and feel good with the decisions I make in life. If people on this board don't like what I say they are free to block my comments.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #52
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Witchdoctor, you can ride with me anytime.

Peeps...

Bottom line is know your limits. Use a little common sense for their application.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #53
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
No what...no one claimed that it did either. What an 'old fart' in this regards has over the younger is experience. Now you talk about 'self-rightous people' and ignore the hypocrisy of your own comments and assumptions. The gist, the heart of the rest of what you said below is more accurate than your previous...

It is more productive to have the accident posts and commentary/reminders about ''riding" right, than not...or than to argue/point fingers at those that comment one way and ride another. If you really feel the need, wait til they go down then hit em with their own words.

, I've never seen you use the quote function before!

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #54
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

One day you're here..............

Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #55
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

..........and then you're gone.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #56
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Witchdoctor, you can ride with me anytime.

Peeps...

Bottom line is know your limits. Use a little common sense for their application.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #57
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

", I've never seen you use the quote function before!"

Sometimes a simple cut/paste is easier. :-)
Old 06-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #58
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
most of us ride bikes that can do 70 in first gear...

honestly. are we supposed to never use 2-6????

HONESTLY, NOW?!?!?!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #59
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
your right...that is my decision. The difference is I am not telling you not to voice your opinion. There will always be the people you can't reach...whatever. Can't any one say that louis doesn't try to do his part for motorcycle safety. To me it is sad that there are alot of people that I choose not to ride with because of their riding habits. There are people that choose not to ride with me because I do not ride fast enough for them...so be it. I learned a long time ago that you can please some of the people some of the time but never all the people all the time. I am a big boy and feel good with the decisions I make in life. If people on this board don't like what I say they are free to block my comments.
I'm not telling you not to voice your opinion. I commented on voicing your opinion to others and the effectiveness. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pointing out, if you will.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #60
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"most of us ride bikes that can do 70 in first gear...

honestly. are we supposed to never use 2-6????

HONESTLY, NOW???"

There are these neat locations....called 'tracks'. They let cars and motorcycles operate them at higher speeds...
..and just because the things has 6 gears, does not mean you have to hit the rev limit for each gear either.

Last edited by Ulric; 06-07-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement