MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #21
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

that is a blanket statement you have there. Yes there are people that ride within thier limits. yes there are people that always wear their gear. not every one who buy a sport bike is out to speed. you want to know my reason for buying a sport bike after 5 different cruisers...my back. I have scoliosis. I kills me to ride a cruiser. Do I wear full leathers every time I ride...i sure do. Ask any one that knows me and they'll agree. Do I speed on occasion...yes I do. Do I go crazy with it...no I don't. Most people hate riding with me because I am slow. Always at the back of the pack. I've been to the 1/4 track...I've been to a track day...and I plan to do more. I think more often than not we are preaching to not ride outside of our limits. If memory serves me correctly...you have to have a near miss or crash in order to find my limits. I have no idea what my limits are...I don't really care to either.I have 3 kids, 2 dogs a wife and a mortgage...I don't need to prove to any snot nose kids about my riding ability. yes i have done 150 on my bike. I was way out in the middle of now where with 0 curves and zero cars with full gear. And by full gear...I mean boots leathers gloves helmet, not jeans as so many people like to consider gear. Only 2 times in 13 years of riding. Some people can help the younger kids make it to their older years by preaching the safe riding speech. It is called peer pressure.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dunno if this goes here, but.... NforS88 How To's and Q & A's 6 11-01-2013 11:20 AM
I dunno who won still... LoudDowd General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-15-2012 02:22 PM
i dunno why cashtown Off Topic 1 11-18-2009 07:31 PM
dunno if its been brought up or not ScooterTrash Off Topic 10 06-02-2006 09:45 AM
Dunno if any one has seen this... ShortbyNature General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-08-2005 06:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #22
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
With all due respect, why is it that people act all shocked and when they open a thread and read that someone was doing 100, 150 or even *dare I say?* over 200mph?

Do all the sheeple that are shocked ride mopeds with neutered motors? I know not everyone rides a 250 kwak with a clothespin and cardboard on the forks to make it sound like a real bike, c'mon get real. (no offense to you 250 riders)
i was wondering that same thing
Old 06-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #23
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
"With all due respect, why is it that people act all shocked and when they open a thread and read that someone was doing 100, 150 or even *dare I say?* over 200mph?

Do all the sheeple that are shocked ride mopeds with neutered motors? I know not everyone rides a 250 kwak with a clothespin and cardboard on the forks to make it sound like a real bike, c'mon get real. (no offense to you 250 riders)"

Well since we're going to derogatory remarks in the opening thread... can we use the term 'Rectal Retards' for those that like to treat public roads like a private raceway/amusement park?
Read that again...and consider the implications in it, and what your overlook in your question/comment "Is there anyone here than can say that they've never exceeded the speed limit? You always, ALWAYS wear your gear EVERYWHERE??".

There's a lot of room in 'exceed the speed limit'.. 2mph over to 3x+ the speed limit. Now go look at the accident related threads and see where estimated speeds where at, or within a 5-10mph of the posted limit.

'Shocked & ' hardly, I expect it out of the youngers, plain and simple...just as I expected a post/thread like this one to come up.
Don't be so sensitive.

I suppose that everyone that has had an accident was at fault and not because some cager? It's always been because of speed? Hmmmm, that's not what this thread was about, but that's alright because plain and simple you're probably one of the youngsters just as I had expected too.

-d :laughing6
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #24
Neversatisfied02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Only issue I have with speed is the ones that continue to do it thru traffic on city streets, and then we see the went down thread.

Give me a nice curvy, country road (just got back from Colorado, and yes, I sped)
I agree! Even i get when im driving my truck and some flys by me doing 100+ on a bike and zig zagging through traffic. It just really pulls my chain when i see that chit!
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #25
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

One thing to point out.... and it may just be me but pinning the throttle on the 610 loop or Allen Parkway is alot different then pinning it on a back road. Both have risks involved but one is definetly a better choice. Maybe not the wisest choice but.. I see them a little different. I personally can not bring myself to even own a sport bike in street dress anymore.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #26
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
that is a blanket statement you have there. Yes there are people that ride within thier limits. yes there are people that always wear their gear. not every one who buy a sport bike is out to speed. you want to know my reason for buying a sport bike after 5 different cruisers...my back. I have scoliosis. I kills me to ride a cruiser. Do I wear full leathers every time I ride...i sure do. Ask any one that knows me and they'll agree. Do I speed on occasion...yes I do. Do I go crazy with it...no I don't. Most people hate riding with me because I am slow. Always at the back of the pack. I've been to the 1/4 track...I've been to a track day...and I plan to do more. I think more often than not we are preaching to not ride outside of our limits. If memory serves me correctly...you have to have a near miss or crash in order to find my limits. I have no idea what my limits are...I don't really care to either.I have 3 kids, 2 dogs a wife and a mortgage...I don't need to prove to any snot nose kids about my riding ability. yes i have done 150 on my bike. I was way out in the middle of now where with 0 curves and zero cars with full gear. And by full gear...I mean boots leathers gloves helmet, not jeans as so many people like to consider gear. Only 2 times in 13 years of riding. Some people can help the younger kids make it to their older years by preaching the safe riding speech. It is called peer pressure.
Yes, i have rode with witch and he is slow as !!! HAHA JK witch!

I only said jeans because i see morons all the time riding in shorts a flip flops. That to me is just idiotic! Jeans dont provide the best protection but they do provide more than shorts. Like i said in another post, the only gear i lack is a good pair of boots which i will be buying this next week when i get off this job and back home and i will also be investing in some nice riding pants after that.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #27
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
If you are offering I will take you up. I am already addicted to track.... no suprises there.
Maybe.

I know you're a serious and mature rider from threads over the years (MH-HI-HSBN) but wouldn't that be kinda like loaning out my girlfriend or something?

-d
Old 06-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #28
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Maybe.

I know you're a serious and mature rider from threads over the years (MH-HI-HSBN) but wouldn't that be kinda like loaning out my girlfriend or something?

-d
Hey if your willing... id be interested! haha JK!!
Old 06-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #29
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Yes, i have rode with witch and he is slow as !!! HAHA JK witch!

I only said jeans because i see morons all the time riding in shorts a flip flops. That to me is just idiotic! Jeans dont provide the best protection but they do provide more than shorts. Like i said in another post, the only gear i lack is a good pair of boots which i will be buying this next week when i get off this job and back home and i will also be investing in some nice riding pants after that.
haha..I know. I ride because I love nature. I did not buy my bike for speed. That is why I own the rc51 dinosaur. If I wanted to go real fast I would have bought a zx10.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #30
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Maybe.

-d

dunno... got any pics of the girlfriend?? :icon_bigg
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #31
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
haha..I know. I ride because I love nature. I did not buy my bike for speed. That is why I own the rc51 dinosaur. If I wanted to go real fast I would have bought a zx10.
I dont like to tear everywhere either. The ride alone is fun for me so i see where your coming from. Every once in awhile though, it is fun to open it up a bit though if conditions permit it.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #32
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
I dont like to tear everywhere either. The ride alone is fun for me so i see where your coming from. Every once in awhile though, it is fun to open it up a bit though if conditions permit it.
ill admit, if there isnt a car around ill down shift and staggard for a little while, but thats once in a blue moon these days, i use to be a lot dumber
Old 06-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #33
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

I ALWAYS wear my gear (yes, that includes the pants) and I'm not a big speeder (5-10 over perhaps). I haven't even taken my bike into triple-digits...though someone else has... Perhaps I need to ride around with WitchDoctor?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #34
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Don't be so sensitive.

I suppose that everyone that has had an accident was at fault and not because some cager? It's always been because of speed? Hmmmm, that's not what this thread was about, but that's alright because plain and simple you're probably one of the youngsters just as I had expected too.

-d :laughing6

Lotta assumptions there...

Let me ask you, precisely how much attention have you paid...or examination did you give any of those 'accidents'? We can 'suppose' (using your logic displayed in the exchange) that 'everyone that has had an accident' could not have done anything to avoid the accident...and 'SPEED' was NEVER a factor. Bothered to check/view the breakdown in rider 'age' in regards to accidents either?
This 'thread' is about trying to act an , about the accident posts and trying to accuse people of being hypocrites.

"Don't be sensitive.." Hmm..
"It's amazing how bed wetters and hypersensitive types (no offense to the good bed wetters and hypersensitive respectable folks that we might have here on the board) can throw their less than two... "
"Do all the sheeple"

Whats your malfunction that leads you to be an , and get 'sensitive' when it's returned? :icon_bigg

p.s. Want to 'check' my age, it's posted a couple times in these forums?
Want to compare driving records while we're at it too?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #35
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
*GASP!!!*

riding fast?:confused1

on race replica vehicles???? :confused2

ill tell you what i think about this.... :eh:

JUST BE SAFE ABOUT IT!

USE YOUR HEAD FOR WHAT ITS MADE FOR,
NOT AS AN EXTRA FRAME SLIDER ! ! !
Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #36
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

speeding 5-20 mph over is one thing - riding 100-150+ on public highways is not speeding - it's ludicrous and just plain stupid and totally irresponsible.

If some of you young riders want to live to be old riders I suggest you better change your riding habits - and soon.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #37
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
The sheeple that are "speechless" when they open a thread to hear that someone wasn't observing the posted speed limit or not wearing all their gear, as if they've NEVER done that before.

-d
sheeple is the proper word for the situation. some of the people who post on here simply morph into the voices and ideas they read on a daily basis. i expect most of them to post similar responses, and they do, because they all want to be the same as those they are attempting to become. When people(such as yourself) stand up for what they believe in regardless of what everyone else thinks, i appreciate it. When was the last time you attended a MH function? all of the bikes are the same, all of the accessories are the same, all of the attitudes are the same. Stand up for yourself and set yourself apart from the crowd or get lost in it. . .
Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #38
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
Lotta assumptions there...

Let me ask you, precisely how much attention have you paid...or examination did you give any of those 'accidents'? We can 'suppose' (using your logic displayed in the exchange) that 'everyone that has had an accident' could not have done anything to avoid the accident...and 'SPEED' was NEVER a factor. Bothered to check/view the breakdown in rider 'age' in regards to accidents either?
This 'thread' is about trying to act an , about the accident posts and trying to accuse people of being hypocrites.

"Don't be sensitive.." Hmm..
"It's amazing how bed wetters and hypersensitive types (no offense to the good bed wetters and hypersensitive respectable folks that we might have here on the board) can throw their less than two... "
"Do all the sheeple"

Whats your malfunction that leads you to be an , and get 'sensitive' when it's returned? :icon_bigg

p.s. Want to 'check' my age, it's posted a couple times in these forums?
Want to compare driving records while we're at it too?
You take much poetic licensing in your prose and you've stolen a few lines from my threads, but I'll overlook that and leave it to your inexperience in these matters.

I won't get into a verbal match with you over this. But I will say this, being an old fart doesn't insure that you're going to be a better rider than a younger one. Always observing the speed limit is no guarantee that you're going to make it home at the end of the day.

It's called using your noodle. Don't ride like a jerk in traffic and never ride in the 'hood like you're on the freeway. I have a clean driving record and I haven't had a conviction in more than 10 years. I've gone faster than anyone else here on the board not just because I can but because I do it skillfully and more than anything else I do it carefully.

I want to go home at the end of the ride, watching my daughters grow up is the most important thing in my life. But I don't like the self-righteous people that act like they've always obeyed EVERY traffic law and are the self appointed overseers of the rest of us.

Cool?
-d
Old 06-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #39
psykohaulic
I'm your huckleberry...

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
04 R6
84 Tecate 250 3 wheeler

Send a message via AIM to psykohaulic
Quote:

I like how the dogs made it in there. Dunno why, just got a kick outta that.

Also, not to jack the thread, but why do they have to be snot nosed kids? My only point is that I hope you don't just assume that because a young guy is on a sport bike he is inexperienced or completely reckless. I'm 22, and I'd like to think I ride with good discretion. I'm positive I could stand to learn from some of you older guys, but I don't think I'm a danger to myself or anyone else on the road. There are a lot of complete idiots on motorcycles out there, and a good majority are young people, but there are still a good bit of us younger ones out there with a tangible amount of respect for our machinery and our older riders.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #40
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
You take much poetic licensing in your prose and you've stolen a few lines from my threads, but I'll overlook that and leave it to your inexperience in these matters.

I won't get into a verbal match with you over this. But I will say this, being an old fart doesn't insure that you're going to be a better rider than a younger one. Always observing the speed limit is no guarantee that you're going to make it home at the end of the day.

It's called using your noodle. Don't ride like a jerk in traffic and never ride in the 'hood like you're on the freeway. I have a clean driving record and I haven't had a conviction in more than 10 years. I've gone faster than anyone else here on the board not just because I can but because I do it skillfully and more than anything else I do it carefully.

I want to go home at the end of the ride, watching my daughters grow up is the most important thing in my life. But I don't like the self-righteous people that act like they've always obeyed EVERY traffic law and are the self appointed overseers of the rest of us.

Cool?
-d

July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement