Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












I dunno but...

With all due respect, why is it that people act all shocked and when they open a thread and read that someone was doing 100, 150 or even *dare I say?* over 200mph?

Do all the sheeple that are shocked ride mopeds with neutered motors? I know not everyone rides a 250 kwak with a clothespin and cardboard on the forks to make it sound like a real bike, c'mon get real. (no offense to you 250 riders)

Is there anyone here than can say that they've never exceeded the speed limit? You always, ALWAYS wear your gear EVERYWHERE???

I'm convinced that most of the people here are worried or at least concerned that someone from the outside could lurk and find that we are *gasp* actually enjoying riding and that sometimes we even exceed the speed limit. I dunno but I think that most of the people at the municipal courts charged with speeding are by far cagers and not bikers.

What is it? Do you really think that everyone that buys a sportbike does it for gas mileage? Even worse, do you really think that anyone else out there is really under the illusion that we (as a group) observe the speed limit anymore than the cagers?

Sure we want to present a law biding face to the public, but why are you guys hiding under your mirrored lids?

-d :confused2
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dunno if this goes here, but.... NforS88 How To's and Q & A's 6 11-01-2013 11:20 AM
I dunno who won still... LoudDowd General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-15-2012 02:22 PM
i dunno why cashtown Off Topic 1 11-18-2009 07:31 PM
dunno if its been brought up or not ScooterTrash Off Topic 10 06-02-2006 09:45 AM
Dunno if any one has seen this... ShortbyNature General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-08-2005 06:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








whos hiding?
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by no mercy f4i
whos hiding?
The sheeple that are "speechless" when they open a thread to hear that someone wasn't observing the posted speed limit or not wearing all their gear, as if they've NEVER done that before.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
The sheeple that are "speechless" when they open a thread to hear that someone wasn't observing the posted speed limit or not wearing all their gear, as if they've NEVER done that before.

-d
ive already admitted on here that i infact do not own a riding jacket, but yea some people take it too far, 9i just think that going 100+on a road with cars is a dumb idea, thats a personal thing though
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Not many of us will ever see an actual 200mph.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
Neversatisfied02
Senior Member
 
Neversatisfied02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Friendswood, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,375

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)






I speed, I'm not gonna lie but i keep it within reason for daily riding. If the road is clear and there is a good place to do it where i wont be endangering anyone else, ill get on it if i feel like it. Ive done about 110 on the zx10 so far but i totally respect her! I already know what she can do and what she is capable of. I had the 06 636 up to 155 and the 05 gsxr 600 i had before that up to 150. All of these times were on clear roads free of traffic and such. Usually industrial roads.

There is nothing wrong with riding your bike like you wanna ride it. Doing it in the right place is most important though. Is it safe, not totally as anything at that speed would not be safe but its fun to whack the throttle every now and then.
__________________
-2010 Chevy Silverado Duramax Crewcab LTZ 4x4
-2008 Z06
-2007 GSXR 1000
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Not many of us will ever see an actual 200mph.
true
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by no mercy f4i
ive already admitted on here that i infact do not own a riding jacket, but yea some people take it too far, 9i just think that going 100+on a road with cars is a dumb idea, thats a personal thing though
Agreed 110%, there is a time and a place for everything. Speeding on the freeway is suicide, speeding in a neighborhood is criminal because it can cost more than just your life.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Agreed 110%, there is a time and a place for everything. Speeding on the freeway is suicide, speeding in a neighborhood is criminal because it can cost more than just your life.

-d
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
I speed, I'm not gonna lie but i keep it within reason for daily riding. If the road is clear and there is a good place to do it where i wont be endangering anyone else, ill get on it if i feel like it. Ive done about 110 on the zx10 so far but i totally respect her! I already know what she can do and what she is capable of. I had the 06 636 up to 155 and the 05 gsxr 600 i had before that up to 150. All of these times were on clear roads free of traffic and such. Usually industrial roads.

There is nothing wrong with riding your bike like you wanna ride it. Doing it in the right place is most important though. Is it safe, not totally as anything at that speed would not be safe but its fun to whack the throttle every now and then.
OH YEAH THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Not in the neighborhood, not on the freeway at 5:00 rush hour, but living the life and enjoying it in a responsible and grown up manner.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #11
Neversatisfied02
Senior Member
 
Neversatisfied02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Friendswood, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,375

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)






I can say i ALWAYS wear my helmet, gloves, jeans and shoes when im on the bike! 99% of the time i wear my leather jacket especially if im going to be on the freeway or riding aggressive but i have just worn a t-shirt to run to the store or to a friends house before. Most important piece of protection is the helmet IMO and i will never ride without it!!
__________________
-2010 Chevy Silverado Duramax Crewcab LTZ 4x4
-2008 Z06
-2007 GSXR 1000
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #12
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
I can say i ALWAYS wear my helmet, gloves, jeans and shoes when im on the bike! 99% of the time i wear my leather jacket especially if im going to be on the freeway or riding aggressive but i have just worn a t-shirt to run to the store or to a friends house before. Most important piece of protection is the helmet IMO and i will never ride without it!!
helmet is a must
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #13
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
I for one have topped my bike out, SO NOT HIDING ONE BIT. I purchase my 1k b/c I wanted more speed/more power, plain and simple. The ACTUAL FACT OF THE MATTER IS, the streets of Houston ISN'T the place for it, way too needlessly dangerous when u put the "hazards" factor into it. Cruising around Houston streets is dangerous enough without INCREASING ur chance of something happening with speeding.

So it's not a shock factor, no one is pretending to be a nerd on a bike, it's just a common sense factor that hits u when you've lost WAAAYYYY TOOO many people as a result of speed, debris, stupid cagers, lack of experience, or a combo of all 4!
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,634

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









"With all due respect, why is it that people act all shocked and when they open a thread and read that someone was doing 100, 150 or even *dare I say?* over 200mph?

Do all the sheeple that are shocked ride mopeds with neutered motors? I know not everyone rides a 250 kwak with a clothespin and cardboard on the forks to make it sound like a real bike, c'mon get real. (no offense to you 250 riders)"

Well since we're going to derogatory remarks in the opening thread... can we use the term 'Rectal Retards' for those that like to treat public roads like a private raceway/amusement park?
Read that again...and consider the implications in it, and what your overlook in your question/comment "Is there anyone here than can say that they've never exceeded the speed limit? You always, ALWAYS wear your gear EVERYWHERE??".

There's a lot of room in 'exceed the speed limit'.. 2mph over to 3x+ the speed limit. Now go look at the accident related threads and see where estimated speeds where at, or within a 5-10mph of the posted limit.

'Shocked & ' hardly, I expect it out of the youngers, plain and simple...just as I expected a post/thread like this one to come up.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #15
Dub_B83
Senior Member
 
Dub_B83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,222


Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange









I'm not hiding. I HAVE in the PAST driven double the speed limit and triple in some areas of Texas (105 in a 35 zone). I did live to tell about it and the adrenaline rush was the best high sans drugs that is around. I have always been leery of corners though because you never know if there is gravel or oil left on the road or some guy taking the corner wide because he came in too hot in his big old truck with no suspension. I have wrecked and decided not to test my luck any more. Now I enjoy my bike for the feeling of freedom. I really can't wait to get it back from Motorcycles Unlimited and go on a long slow relaxed ride through some scenic areas.
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #16
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Only issue I have with speed is the ones that continue to do it thru traffic on city streets, and then we see the went down thread.

Give me a nice curvy, country road (just got back from Colorado, and yes, I sped)
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #17
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Not many of us will ever see an actual 200mph.
I could fix that for you. But then you would become addicted, like an alcoholic. Then I'd have to live with that guilt for the rest of my life. You'd be on the side of the freeway with a sign that would say "buddy can you spare a 'busa?"

-d :laughing6
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #18
Neversatisfied02
Senior Member
 
Neversatisfied02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Friendswood, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,375

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)






Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
OH YEAH THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Not in the neighborhood, not on the freeway at 5:00 rush hour, but living the life and enjoying it in a responsible and grown up manner.

-d
WERD!
__________________
-2010 Chevy Silverado Duramax Crewcab LTZ 4x4
-2008 Z06
-2007 GSXR 1000
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #19
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
I could fix that for you. But then you would become addicted, like an alcoholic. Then I'd have to live with that guilt for the rest of my life. You'd be on the side of the freeway with a sign that would say "buddy can you spare a 'busa?"

-d :laughing6
If you are offering I will take you up. I am already addicted to track.... no suprises there.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #20
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Only issue I have with speed is the ones that continue to do it thru traffic on city streets, and then we see the went down thread.

Give me a nice curvy, country road (just got back from Colorado, and yes, I sped)
Oh Colorado how I long for your embrace again.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy