MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Accident threads

How many accident threads does it takes to slow it down? Or, should I ask how death does it takes to slow you down? Don't be a hard head and learn it the hard/hurt way. Learn from other mistakes and you will increase your chance of survival. Ride like there is no tomorrow and it will be just that. Thanks for listening.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just like all the other threads... HMFIC Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 4 01-03-2010 10:14 PM
two threads? 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 6 05-01-2009 05:33 PM
how many threads bunxx Off Topic 11 04-28-2009 12:50 PM
ORN police release new accident suspect sketch [JUSTIN GUY ACCIDENT] Hayabusa1300cc General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-05-2008 02:27 AM
TO MANY FS THREADS....... Gimpin2Fold Forum Updates & Feedback 11 12-29-2006 02:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Dub_B83
Senior Member
 
Dub_B83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,222


Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange









I'm new to the area... Does this happen this often all through riding season?
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
I'm new to the area... Does this happen this often all through riding season?
This happens everywhere.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
Cherub
FTP
 
Cherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 11,832


Bike(s):
06 Raven R6




Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
yep every riding season
__________________

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Yep, If you want to ride fast then come to the track and hang out with some great people. Otherwise, if you want to ride around town look'n good then fine... just do it at a speed where people are actually going to see you.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
Dub_B83
Senior Member
 
Dub_B83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,222


Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange









The old forum I was on up in MN we had some minor spills but not like I have seen in Houston. I believe it when people tell me that Houston traffic/streets are the most dangerous in the country.
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
I'm new to the area... Does this happen this often all through riding season?
It seems to be getting worse. :eh:
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #8
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






we have so many people on the roads all the time it is VERY bad ... People dont pay attention to bikes. and people on bikes ride outside there limits.. Very rarely is it TRUELY a freak accident..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
speepdaedeesi
Member
 
speepdaedeesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 95












you guys should really be getting used to it by now.. theres always at least one or two in this ''general'' forum.. only takes so much before you become desensitized
speepdaedeesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
ga_goosh
It's Me...
 
ga_goosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 359


Bike(s):
for now...nothing :(









Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
The old forum I was on up in MN we had some minor spills but not like I have seen in Houston. I believe it when people tell me that Houston traffic/streets are the most dangerous in the country.
+1 its like no one pays attention any more or they forget they are driving or something. that reason alone is what causes most if not all of my road rage.
__________________
untitledramen
The only bike i have...For now***MMM.....Ramen!***
www.myspace.com/ga_goosh
ga_goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
PORSCHITO
Senior Member
 
PORSCHITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,614












Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
Im realising that most accidents are happening at nite when there is some sort of traffic or mainly because people pushing there limits... if you want to pose and commute thats cool and fun but if you want to enjoy ur ride reconsider riding early morning between 4 am and 10 am u will defnetly enjoy it, there is usually no traffic, it feels cool and popos are usually asleep... my 02 cents
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #12
Dub_B83
Senior Member
 
Dub_B83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,222


Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange









Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
we have so many people on the roads all the time it is VERY bad ... People dont pay attention to bikes. and people on bikes ride outside there limits.. Very rarely is it TRUELY a freak accident..
Yeah, I feel for that guy that got hunted down by the tire. That is the only "freak" accident I have read about since I have been lurking and even a member.

I still hope everyone from last night is OK... So far it sounds like everyone will live to ride another day.
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
Squeaky
Senior Member
 
Squeaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,737

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R



Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
My crash (if you can even call it that) was ~4mph. Bruised my ego.
Bike has "character" now.

Slow ur roll folks. :nono:
__________________
Rebecca
'03 VStrom 1k "Wilbur"
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #14
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









why do you feel the need to continue to post the same rhetorical questions every week? This is old...

like asking a deaf person, "why are you listening to me?!" it's just a waste of time to tell others what to do. Some will get it, others won't. You can't force anything on the unwilling so let it be.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #15
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
Im realising that most accidents are happening at nite when there is some sort of traffic or mainly because people pushing there limits... if you want to pose and commute thats cool and fun but if you want to enjoy ur ride reconsider riding early morning between 4 am and 10 am u will defnetly enjoy it, there is usually no traffic, it feels cool and popos are usually asleep... my 02 cents
If you keep thinking this way, you are on the list of statistic.
Street are filled with dangers and obstacles. Objects falling off a truck, marker posts, cables that could slice you in half and I have seen it done to a car, cars, cops, etc..... Ride with a group and keep it at a decent speed, ride alone ride the speed limit.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #16
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
why do you feel the need to continue to post the same rhetorical questions every week? This is old...

like asking a deaf person, "why are you listening to me?!" it's just a waste of time to tell others what to do. Some will get it, others won't. You can't force anything on the unwilling so let it be.
You are right. It just puzzled me that it takes so many threads or deaths to hit you smack in the face if you haven't done so yourself.

I don't know.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #17
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by speepdaedeesi
you guys should really be getting used to it by now.. theres always at least one or two in this ''general'' forum.. only takes so much before you become desensitized
I have seen so many accident threads and I am still sensitive to the learning experience. I have slow way down since I have read so many of these accident threads.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #18
PORSCHITO
Senior Member
 
PORSCHITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,614












Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
If you keep thinking this way, you are on the list of statistic.
Street are filled with dangers and obstacles. Objects falling off a truck, marker posts, cables that could slice you in half and I have seen it done to a car, cars, cops, etc..... Ride with a group and keep it at a decent speed, ride alone ride the speed limit.
well of course the track is the safest but if u must ride the street thats the strategy i've been using
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #19
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
HOUSTON STREETS SUCK. I don't know why after several accidents especially in the form of debris being the cause can we not get this t. I rode last night, tried to go fast, but couldnt help but pull out of it cause I kept thinking about something slinging me off that phucker!!! IT'S NOT PHUCKING WORTH IT, between cars, GRAVEL (as with Xanthea), and DEBRIS it just phuckin STUPID, to keep taking the chances we've been taking!!!!!
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #20
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
How many accident threads does it takes to slow it down? Or, should I ask how death does it takes to slow you down? Don't be a hard head and learn it the hard/hurt way. Learn from other mistakes and you will increase your chance of survival. Ride like there is no tomorrow and it will be just that. Thanks for listening.
I was thinking the same thing after i logged on today and saw the "went down" threads...:eh:
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy