MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 05:21 PM   #41
D_UNIT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
03'xr50w/carbon fiber,07' R1(SOLD), 06' Ranger Rover Sport SuperCharged(NEW TOY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeR6
Holy sh*t these pics are fowl..keep em coming.

+100
D_UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moto wreck into a SUV (pics) DAT GUY General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 09-02-2012 12:57 PM
My First Wreck(WARNING. GRAPHIC PICS AND VIDS) peruvian General Discussion (Moto Related) 73 11-04-2009 11:35 AM
Bike wreck pics after PJ's. TheMagicMan General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 06-11-2008 03:08 PM
Pics From The Wreck Slvr04 Off Topic 22 10-08-2006 10:57 AM
174mph wreck. **GRAPHIC PICS INSIDE** BoostJunkie Off Topic 31 06-01-2006 10:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #42
speepdaedeesi

Feedback Rating: (0)

its funny how when people see guts they think its fake. ive embalmed quite a few bodies, alot of them autopsys . guess what, they give you back your guts in a black trash bag, stick it in the big hole where everything used to be, then sew it up. the embalmer has to cut the stiches, take out the trash bag, go through it and get the intestins and make a bunch of slits in them to let out the gasses so it doesnt stink up your funeral and bloat your stomache. they also promote early decomp. ive seen alot of guts, so trust me everything ive posted is real. its easy for you guys who dont see it all the time to say its fake. i dont mean you emts that see blood and maybe a bad wreck sometimes, im talking about i embalmed an average of 8-10 bodies a day lol.
speepdaedeesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #43
speepdaedeesi

mother in law runs a mortuary in nw. 45 and canino. its not a funeral home, just straight up embalming only. we pick up, embalm, and deliver for about 150 funeral homes in houston and surrounding areas. we get the they dont want to mess with like morbidly (lol) obese, hiv, autopsy, gunshots, wrecks, misc. calls at 1-5 am the lazy dont want to wake up and go to the hosptiol and get, etc.

its pretty interesting to me i guess.. im in the army now, but would still be doing it if i was back home, and will probably still work there now and then when i get out of the army lol.

my wife refuses to get a minivan because it reminds her of the business.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #44
speepdaedeesi

ah so btw if someone you guys know in the houston area dies, and you need some advice or help, feel free to email me on my cell phone. my screen name @tmail.com
Old 06-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #45
speepdaedeesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_UNIT
+100
www.rotten.com for pics
www.livelink.com for vids
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #46
level5
moving chicane

It's sorta like that show on HBO 6 feet under?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #47
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by speepdaedeesi
mother in law runs a mortuary in nw. 45 and canino. its not a funeral home, just straight up embalming only. we pick up, embalm, and deliver for about 150 funeral homes in houston and surrounding areas. we get the they dont want to mess with like morbidly (lol) obese, hiv, autopsy, gunshots, wrecks, misc. calls at 1-5 am the lazy dont want to wake up and go to the hosptiol and get, etc.

its pretty interesting to me i guess.. im in the army now, but would still be doing it if i was back home, and will probably still work there now and then when i get out of the army lol.

my wife refuses to get a minivan because it reminds her of the business.
I know where it is...I lived down the street from there for awhile
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #48
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Old 06-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #49
tedbiele

Bike(s):
2003 Anniv Busa

Send a message via ICQ to tedbiele Send a message via AIM to tedbiele Send a message via Yahoo to tedbiele
Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Looks pretty fake to me as far as the pic's of his head
I was an Infantry Medic. Looks pretty real to me.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #50
speepdaedeesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
It's sorta like that show on HBO 6 feet under?
um not really. that shows like melrose place but in a funeral home. its more like the show on A&E called family plots.

the funeral business is exactly like that show, minus the family drama. the work is the same though.

my mom in laws place is a mortuary service though. just embalming, no funerals.

and for the those who think youve seen it, no its not the funeral home you can see from the freeway. its in a warehouse lot with a small mexican church, a moving company, and a few other companies. you wouldnt even know what goes on there unless someone told you.

maybe youve seen her hotrod hearse though... its a black 1980 caddy hearse with green to purple flames with ghosted skulls.. i used to drive it around alot when i was still living in houston.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #51
speepdaedeesi

one thing i find strange about having been in the business, is i can tell you directions to any hospitol in houston and the surrounding areas, but not to the e.r. lol. just to the mourge. its always a back enterence.....and theres usually a service elevator... how many times have YOU seen a dude in a black suit pushing a stretcher with a velvet blanket on it in a hospitol?

the worst was going to the old folks homes... one senile old lady asked me if i was there for her, and when i said no, she started crying... one guy tried to beat me up because he thought i was FBI... and then theres the token lady in some room you cant see, but shes screaming non stop. theres always one of those lol.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #52
eugene

that is some sick right there.
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #53
aznhero913
J.D.

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

i've washed several brains off the road with a fire house as a firefighter. those pics are def. real.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:01 AM   #54
iraisp
Ninja N00b

Bike(s):
99 EX 250 Ninja

Send a message via AIM to iraisp
i've seen all of those, pretty crazy stuff.

speedaedeesi, you have/had a very interesting job. I bet you got some very interesting stories, more than what you've posted about. I've thought about getting into that field, but I don't think I could do it on a daily basis. I'm afraid it would get to me after a while.
iraisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:11 AM   #55
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

jesus christ. those guys were just...obliterated.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #56
knee_dragger

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Pics are fake. didnt see a scratch on the helmet.
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:24 AM   #57
speepdaedeesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraisp
i've seen all of those, pretty crazy stuff.

speedaedeesi, you have/had a very interesting job. I bet you got some very interesting stories, more than what you've posted about. I've thought about getting into that field, but I don't think I could do it on a daily basis. I'm afraid it would get to me after a while.
the main reason i would advise not to do it, is the pay. theres a funeral college on 45 north. commonwealth institute. google it, and you guys should schedule a ride there one weekend to the funeral museum. theres alot of cool stuff in it, and about 40 vintage hearses. pretty neat. and has a gift shop.

but back to pay, being theres a funeral college in houston, and the avg graduating class is 50 students, and a class graduates ever 3 months, theres a large amount of unexperienced people looking for work. you have to serve an apprenticeship to get your license.

avg starting pay for an apprentice is 7-8 dollars an hour, part time. full time if your extremely lucky, but its hard to find full time positions.

anyhoo avg salary for an experienced person is about 28-32 a year. if hourly is your thing about 11 dollars an hour.

expect to be put on call for the night shift, work weekends for funerals, and to wake up at 3 am to put on a suit and pick up a dead guy night after night after night.

its not worth it dude. thats why im in the army.

the college costs a little under 10 grand, including books, and takes 15 months if you already have completed basic college classes, and 18 if you have not.

for that amount i would get into something else. if i could redo it i would be a nurse. they make bank. and they work 10 hour shifts, 4 day weeks. and the chicks are always plentiful.

anyhoo yeah its not a good job. i was an independent contractor and charged per body to embalm. i made good money, but only because people knew me as a skilled embalmer from working at my moms place. they had already seen my work. my specialty is restorative art lol. and babies. babies are hard to embalm emotionally, and their arteries and veins are tiny. im good at it.

its impossible to be an independant contractor now, because theres so many of them. alot of people cant find work so they just try to contract out. this is easier on funeral homes because they dont have to pay employees for a 8 hr work day when theres nothing going on.

anyhoo yeah dont do it. its not worth it to be exposed to the chemicals and risks of disease, the hours, and the pay. spend 10 grand on something else.

dont get me wrong its a easy job when theres nothing going on, but it gets reeeally old, and theres plenty you can do for more pay

Last edited by speepdaedeesi; 06-08-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:29 AM   #58
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

man, thats crappy pay for what you have to do. i make twice that flipping burgers. no joke. but like the guy said, i bet you got some crazy stories.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #59
speepdaedeesi

ive seen some pretty ****ed up . you name it and ive seen something worse lol. i hate talking about it except when im drunk

but yeah im glad im in the army. i got a 36k bonus.. which comes out to 7500 a year after taxes in a lump payment for each of my 4 years, and free health care, free house for me, my wife and my dog on post, easy as work day, off by 430, 1.5 hour lunch, and when i go to iraq, all pay is tax free, ill make over 500 a months in extra bonuses for being in a war zone, and since everyone got extended to 18 month deployments we get an extra grand a month for the last three months for an extension bonus.

when i get out in 2010, assuming theres still some war going on and the army is deploying like crazy still, im not going to re enlist, and im gonna get on with hpd. so i can come do parking lot security for you guys and ticket posers for loitering.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #60
speepdaedeesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
man, thats crappy pay for what you have to do. i make twice that flipping burgers. no joke. but like the guy said, i bet you got some crazy stories.
u make 64,000 a year flipping burgers?

Advertisement