MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #101
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
the 04-05 zx-10's are more prone to headshake than other literbikes simply because THEY DO NOT COME STOCK WITH A STEERING DAMPER. all the other literbikes do, so naturally, they headshake less. the 10r also has the most agreesive rake and trail numbers, adding to it's "instability" however, in the hands of an experienced rider, headshake really isn't that common. it will feel like it wants to headshake quite a bit, but rarely goes into a full blown tankslapper. of course, fitted with any aftermarket damper that wiggle goes away. the 10r is also very very very sensitive to suspension adjustments, and if they're not correct, or if the wrong profile front tire is on the bike, it will add to the bikes "nervousness." i have an 05 and have taken it to 186 and it's one of the most stable bikes i've ridden, course, it has an ohlins SD that was set full hard for that run.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weds Night 10/24/07 Ride hypertrophyy Events, Meets and Rides 3 10-24-2007 05:38 PM
Tuesday 10-23-07 GUYS NIGHT OUT !!! PoPoRiderRR Events, Meets and Rides 6 10-23-2007 11:42 AM
Thurs 10/18/07 Bike Night for Matt Candy Events, Meets and Rides 74 10-19-2007 06:14 AM
10-10-07 THC Wed Night Ride Gryphin Events, Meets and Rides 34 10-11-2007 09:35 AM
The new 07 Gsxr 1k Vs Zx-10. DarkSide General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 10-17-2006 01:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #102
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Werd. And i personally love the red. There are so many concept photos out there that never happen. I just dont see that durastic of a change coming for 08.

that "concept" drawing has nothing to do with kawasaki, it's just some magazine editors photoshop pet project. notice the stock front end/brakes/wheel, and an MV agusta rear swingarm/wheel.

things we can expect for sure for the 08:

more torque
a gear indicator
revised exhaust canister layout
a bigger catalytic convertor
nissin front brake calipers
more compact engine
and a redesigned subframe
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #103
Silver Bullet
MISS U GWEN -R.I.P.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
99 CBR 600 F4
96 CBR 600 F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss
We were in the group but we were way in the back. We came over an overpass and saw all the bikes stopped and the ZX10 on the feeder. The guy was very lucky to walk away.

HPD cop stopped and warned us all about our type of bikes. He told us he investigated the guy who hit the 18 wheeler on 290, Eric Roman's accident and the dude who went off of the allen parkway on ramp. Went into detail about each which I thought was unnecessary.
At first, I thought it was someone that wasn't even with us. Just a guy riding along the feeder and we happen to be there when he wrecked. Then I remembered that the guys in the front took off as soon as we got onto 59.

That Cop was a duesh bag IMO. he was tryin to preach to us about how he "doesn't understand our culture", yet he said "they are very pretty bikes". I didn't like how he went into detail about every wreck either , coulda done without that.
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #104
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

you wonder if that cop thinks some people are douche bags for riding like clueless morons at high speeds?
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #105
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm
you wonder if that cop thinks some people are douche bags for riding like clueless morons at high speeds?

Oh he does, his comments to me at Roman's accident made that completely evident!!! AND UNCALLED FOR AT THE SCENE!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #106
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
At first, I thought it was someone that wasn't even with us. Just a guy riding along the feeder and we happen to be there when he wrecked. Then I remembered that the guys in the front took off as soon as we got onto 59.

That Cop was a duesh bag IMO. he was tryin to preach to us about how he "doesn't understand our culture", yet he said "they are very pretty bikes". I didn't like how he went into detail about every wreck either , coulda done without that.

i'm sure he coulda done without having to pick up the wreckage of yet ANOTHER sportbike that night as well...

how much does it take for ya'll to take a step back and look at yourselves???
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #107
Silver Bullet
MISS U GWEN -R.I.P.

Bike(s):
99 CBR 600 F4
96 CBR 600 F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss
and to top it off, I picked up a nail when I stopped. :mad:
I swear, we rode around, what seemed like forever, lookin for yall. :laughing6 :laughing6 . Didn't you have two holes in the tire right next to one another ??

oh yeah, don't forget about the sprained ankle at the gas station...is she allright by the way ???
Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #108
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
i'm sure he coulda done without having to pick up the wreckage of yet ANOTHER sportbike that night as well...

He did joke about "us" giving him job security so I guess he didn't mind it too much.

Not everyone was doing triple digits.
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #109
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
I swear, we rode around, what seemed like forever, lookin for yall. :laughing6 :laughing6 . Didn't you have two holes in the tire right next to one another ??

oh yeah, don't forget about the sprained ankle at the gas station...is she allright by the way ???
Yes, that was me. :BangHead:

Man her ankle is still really swollen. She didn't see the curb when she got off the bike and twisted it really bad. She's in bed, leg elavated with some ise packs on it.

She cried the whole way home. Just wasn't out night.
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #110
big gix

Bike(s):
Gix750

He went into the tank slap after we went over 2 small dips in the freeway that lifted the fron wheel up a little. He rode the tank slap about 2/10 of a mile before he finally lost it and the bike pulled hard right across the highway. I watched it happen and I thought We were going to walk over to a dead man. I am glad he is ok.
big gix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #111
Silver Bullet
MISS U GWEN -R.I.P.

Bike(s):
99 CBR 600 F4
96 CBR 600 F3

Quote:
Sure, anybody can do without that BUT.... that's his job, he is a cop and he made that choice by himself, therefore he's gona have to deal with chit like this all the time. IT'S ALL PART OF HIS JOB !!.

By the way the cop didn't have to pick up nothing, that's what the wreckers were there for.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #112
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
"... about how he "doesn't understand our culture..."
Seems to be a common problem with some of them.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #113
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

I have to admit I also do not understand the culture of "lets buy a high performance vehicle and ride it stupid, destroy it and hurt or kill myself when doing it".
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #114
Silver Bullet
MISS U GWEN -R.I.P.

Bike(s):
99 CBR 600 F4
96 CBR 600 F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm
I have to admit I also do not understand the culture of "lets buy a high performance vehicle and ride it stupid, destroy it and hurt or kill myself when doing it".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's what everyone's thinking when they buy a sportbike. Believe it or not there are some responsible riders out there on the streets that obey the laws and do the speed limit.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #115
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's what everyone's thinking when they buy a sportbike. Believe it or not there are some responsible riders out there on the streets that obey the laws and do the speed limit.
Yes there are some, and we know there are a lot that don't. The forums
are littered with examples of the mentality/action he refers to.

Quote:
"Oh he does, his comments to me at Roman's accident made that completely evident!!! AND UNCALLED FOR AT THE SCENE!!!
To be blunt, it was probably the best time for him to try to make his point.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #116
quEEn B
FEROSH!!!

Quote:
Believe it or not there are some responsible riders out there on the streets that obey the laws and do the speed limit.
WERD!!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #117
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I still think that some of us can ride and many cant- at a safe speed on a highway...Public highway at that..

Glad the guy didnt die....But come on dude....wise up, kids
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #118
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Riding home from work today on 610 by the ship Channel and caught myself twisting it up to 85 cause the traffic was moving fast .....
Slowed down and fell in to cruising mode...HPD was behind me as I exited.

The cop waved at me....WTF???
Ride smart out there folks... No need to ride fster than the century mark on a public road...
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #119
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

OMG! When will some people learn that the streets are not your personal track! How many more people have to die or get hurt before you wake up! :BangHead:
Old 06-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #120
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Quote:
the 04-05 zx-10's are more prone to headshake than other literbikes simply because THEY DO NOT COME STOCK WITH A STEERING DAMPER. all the other literbikes do, so naturally, they headshake less. the 10r also has the most agreesive rake and trail numbers, adding to it's "instability" however, in the hands of an experienced rider, headshake really isn't that common. it will feel like it wants to headshake quite a bit, but rarely goes into a full blown tankslapper. of course, fitted with any aftermarket damper that wiggle goes away. the 10r is also very very very sensitive to suspension adjustments, and if they're not correct, or if the wrong profile front tire is on the bike, it will add to the bikes "nervousness." i have an 05 and have taken it to 186 and it's one of the most stable bikes i've ridden, course, it has an ohlins SD that was set full hard for that run.
Thank you for clearing that up. People with the 04/05's seem to think its the 06/07's with the problem but yet, they are the ones equipped with the damper. An aftermarket damper such as a GPR would help both bikes though no doubt. The stock ohlins is kinda weak to be on a bike with that much power. I obviously like the feel of a stiffer damper myself.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement