MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 03:07 AM   #261
soap4life
Reverend

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
z1000

Send a message via AIM to soap4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
highjackers
freedom fighters
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thur Night Football last night....poor punt returner! dbuck Sports 7 09-15-2012 04:02 PM
OTR Friday Night May 15 (AKA Cigar Night) JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 34 05-16-2009 01:23 PM
Friday Night...Movie Night! 11-21-08 jenniesweet Events, Meets and Rides 174 11-22-2008 03:54 PM
Datbikrgrl (Xanthea) is in the hospital again! Mrs. ~T~ General Discussion (Moto Related) 61 08-06-2007 06:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2007, 03:13 AM   #262
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by soap4life
freedom fighters
freedom fighters, highjackers, whatever. It's all the same!:laughing6
Old 06-08-2007, 03:23 AM   #263
soap4life
Reverend

Bike(s):
z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
freedom fighters, highjackers, whatever. It's all the same!:laughing6
depending on the point of view.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #264
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoresteve
rick was the dude we thought was gonna try to fight stone cold
the busa looper
Old 06-08-2007, 03:33 AM   #265
Cody_Rules
this.

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum45
Someone on a black busa crashes doing a power wheele. That's all I know. He was Ok, he just has some rash. His bike wasn't in too bad of shape, but the oil had leaked out.
i think he clutched it up and he almost saved it twice i was about 4 bikes back
Old 06-08-2007, 03:39 AM   #266
soap4life
Reverend

Bike(s):
z1000

dude, i was there. I SAW IT HAPPEN. i witnessed the massacre of someone trying to do something they shouldnt. imo busas should stay on 2 wheels. VIVA LA RESISTANCE
Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 AM   #267
Cody_Rules
this.

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Quote:
dude, i was there. I SAW IT HAPPEN. i witnessed the massacre of someone trying to do something they shouldnt. imo busas should stay on 2 wheels. VIVA LA RESISTANCE
i kinda learned a lil highway back brake on the way home im so proud
Old 06-08-2007, 04:40 AM   #268
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Quote:

i aint downing what your saying but you must not have much experience on a bike like a busa. everytime your in the throttle its gonna power wheelie. its all about the back brake and throttle control.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:43 AM   #269
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
Oh no! Hope everything gets healed and fixed...
Old 06-08-2007, 06:52 AM   #270
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2
LOL yep she bought it at about 8pm that evening... poor chica!
nope, not at all...Lucky, Smart Chica
she did buy the helmet and was wearing it...wooot

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2007, 07:01 AM   #271
GuzziGirl

Bike(s):
Guzzi Ducati Gxer750 Honda CBR600RR

Get well real soon .

What was the mention of the ER about ? ... always available for medical/ therapy stuff, don't hesitate to call if you need anything or have a question and want another sound of bell.
Glad the helmet protected you. xox sylvie
Old 06-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #272
Racer X 05

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

get well soon.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #273
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

BUSA REPAIRS after racing these things since they came out in 99, I,ve done a few of them if he needs help fixing this one I can help insurance or not, same for xanthia, i,m glad your ok and call if I can help.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #274
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

I'm happy to report for those of you that don't already know, Xanthea was able to make it out to the LaHacienda meet last night, she is scraped up on her right side and sore of course but getting around and showing her support for MH. What a trooper. For those who don't know her I will say that she is one of the coolest chicks I've ever met. I'll be glad when she gets to feeling better.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #275
Hoguer
Hoguer

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Honda VTX 1300C
Honda VTX 1300C

Get well soon.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #276
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

Do I have to point out the oxymoron here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speepdaedeesi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptarts
after calling 911, dustin and i headed back to pp1 b/c we didnt have M class licenses yet.
dude your a responsible rider too. good for you!
Responsible for stopping, yes. But NOT responsible since they don't have a class M license. Geesh, the MSF course is so easy to take and get a license. I'm sorry, but that is squidly behavior.

Come on people we're reading a thread about someone we like, who could've gotten killed. When is it going to sink in? Riding without a class M license and the MSF course is just dumb. When I took the MSF class there were some guys in there who'd been riding 30 years without a license and thought they knew it all. They turned out to be some of the worst riders, had years of bad habits, and little knowledge of street safety or bike physics.

For example: You said going 70 is not too hot for that area? I don't know all the factors involved but here's a few things to consider: It's dark. You're on crappy Houston streets. You said the gravel was at the top of the hill. Could you see the top of the hill or just over it as you approached? If not then you were overdriving your vision (which is different from overdriving your headlight). Slowing down until you see the entire road surface would have been the street smart thing to do because then the gravel may have been seen and possibly avoided all together.

Just two months back I had a similar incident happen on 290. I was cruising along at 70 in broad daylight. I came up over a little rise in the freeway and THERE WAS A WHOLE FREAKIN' PALLET in my lane. Well I had left myself no where to go because I was going too fast and couldn't see that part of the road as I approached. I didn't have enough time to swerve. So I had no choice but to square up to it and roll on the throttle to lighten the front end. (This is a basic skill taught in the MSF class.) I ran over that pallet without a problem. The MSF class saved me when I had left myself no other option. Sure, I can blame the person who dropped the pallet, but really I have to blame myself for overdriving my vision.

My point to Poptarts and others: Take the MSF class. Get your license and learn that street ridng on a motorcycle is much different than a car. Quit being a squid.

Xanthea, get well soon. I am soooo glad you're just a little beat up. I'll be glad to help you fix your bike but it sounds like you have plenty of helpers.

Last edited by MagnaMan; 06-08-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #277
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
I think speedaedeesi was being sarcastic
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #278
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaMan
Responsible for stopping, yes. But NOT responsible since they don't have a class M license. Geesh, the MSF course is so easy to take and get a license. I'm sorry, but that is squidly behavior.

Come on people we're reading a thread about someone we like, who could've gotten killed. When is it going to sink in? Riding without a class M license and the MSF course is just dumb.
+1 million
Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #279
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
I think speedaedeesi was being sarcastic
True. Sometime it's hard to tell sarcasm in writing because you lose tone. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted the intent of speedaedeesi's post. But the rest of my point is valid.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #280
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaMan

Come on people we're reading a thread about someone we like, who could've gotten killed. When is it going to sink in? Riding without a class M license and the MSF course is just dumb. When I took the MSF class there were some guys in there who'd been riding 30 years without a license and thought they knew it all. They turned out to be some of the worst riders. had years of bad habits, and little knowledge of street safety or bike physics.

For example: You said going 70 is not too hot for that area? I don't know all the factors involved but here's a few things to consider: It's dark. You're on crappy Houston streets. You said the gravel was at the top of the hill. Could you see the top of the hill or just over it as you approached? If not then you were overdriving your vision (which is different from overdriving your headlight). Slowing down until you see the entire road surface would have been the street smart thing to do because then the gravel may have been seen and possibly avoided all together.

Just two months back I had a similar incident happen on 290. I was cruising along at 70 in broad daylight. I came up over a little rise in the freeway and THERE WAS A WHOLE FREAKIN' PALLET in my lane. Well I had left myself no where to go because I was going too fast and couldn't see that part of the road as I approached. I didn't have enough time to swerve. So I had no choice but to square up to it and roll on the throttle to lighten the front end. (This is a basic skill taught in the MSF class.) I ran over that pallet without a problem. The MSF class saved me when I had left myself no other option. Sure, I can blame the person who dropped the pallet, but really I have to blame myself for overdriving my vision.

My point to Poptarts and others: Take the MSF class. Get your license and learn that street ridng on a motorcycle is much different than a car. Quit being a squid.

Xanthea, get well soon. I am soooo glad you're just a little beat up. I'll be glad to help you fix your bike but it sounds like you have plenty of helpers.
Yes Sir!! Your right. Another thing I see is riders hauling A and then passing a vehicle after almost kissing their rear bumper!! Tailgating is bad enough but on a motorcycle its really asking for trouble...
please ride responsibly
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Closed Thread

Advertisement