Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2015, 04:23 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Bayliss to replace Giugliano at Phillip Island

Triple World Superbike Champion is set to race at his home circuit once again

Bayliss to replace Giugliano at Phillip Island

THREE time World Superbike Championship Troy Bayliss is set to replace Racing’s injured Davide Giugliano at this weekends World Superbike season opener.

Giugliano’s crashed occurred at Phillip Island’s Turn 11 at which he highsided. After being transported to the medical centre and then later to the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, it was confirmed via a CAT scan that there were fractures sustained to the L1 and L2 vertebrae.

It was released yesterday that the Italian would not be riding in the first round of the 2015 WSBK Championship and that he would not be replaced, however Racing have announced that 45-year-old Bayliss will ride the Ducati Panigale at his home circuit.

Bayliss explained: “I want to start by saying that I really feel for Davide and that it’s a real shame for his season to be starting in this way.

“The desire to be able to return to the track and see the home crowd and the Ducatisti has always been strong, ever since I last raced.”

“Also Phillip Island, one of my favourite tracks, is celebrating its 25th anniversary of World Superbikes. This gave me the idea to compete as a wildcard and work with the Ducati Superbike technicians once again,” Bayliss added.

“I know it’s going to be a very difficult weekend, also because it’s a while since I’ve ridden the Superbike but I do know the track well and so hope to get back into it after a few laps.

“I’ll try to enjoy myself and will of course be doing my best to score a good result and put on a good show for the public.”

Giugliano has been told to rest for 90 days and will fly home to Italy for rehabilitation and further checks.

Related Content

No fractures for Guintoli after crash
Phillip Island WSB test times - Day 1
Phillip Island Superpole qualifying times
Bayliss welcome to wildcard at Imola
Bayliss doubts Rossi's move to WSB...

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote