Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|02-17-2015, 03:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSBK Phillip Island test day two
Lowes remains on top as the first official test comes to a close
VOLTCOM Crescent Suzuki's Alex Lowes has finished the first official World Superbike test of 2015 in top spot and 0.070s under last year's race lap record.
The combined Tuesday test times saw Brit Lowes beat last year's race lap record ahead of Sunday's first two World Superbike races of 2015 at Phillip Island in Australia.
Behind Lowes, but only by 0.051s was Isle of Man resident Jonathan Rea for the Kawasaki Racing Team. WSBK rookie's Jordi Torres and Nico Terol impressed by finished second and eighth respectively and completed over 200 laps between them.
Rea's team-mate Tom Sykes finished in fourth followed by Leon Haslam and Chaz Davies whom completed the top six.
Both Davide Giugliano and Voltcom's Randy de Puniet both suffered crashes yesterday at Turn 11, however Giugliano was unable to participate in Tuesday's testing whereas de Puniet made an appearance, but has a large haematoma on his lower back.
2013's World Superbike Champion Tom Sykes crashed out in the final hour of the test and was able to rejoin, but the reigning World Superbike Champion Sylvain Guintoli crashed out with only 8 minutes remaining. Sylvain Barrier also suffered a high speed crashed, but walked away unhurt unlike 12 months ago where he crashed at the same corner Gardner Straight.
Free Practice sessions start on Friday which officially marks the start of the 2015 World Superbike season.
Overall, there were more than 2000 laps completed by the 25 rider testing across the past two days and with seven manufacturers in the space of the top 12, the opening race of the 2015 World Superbike Championship is set to be a good one!
Test times day two:
1. Alex Lowes Voltcom Crescent Suzuki 1:30.829
2. Jonathan Rea Kawasaki Racing 1:30.880 (+0.051)
3. Jordi Torres Red Devils Roma Aprilia 1:30.971 (+0.142)
4. Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing 1:31.075 (+0.246)
5. Leon Haslam Red Devils Roma Aprilia 1:31.102 (+0.273)
6. Chaz Davies Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1:31.296 (+0.467)
7. David Salom Pedercini Kawasaki 1:31.510 (+0.681)
8. Nico Terol Althea Ducati 1:31.593 (+0.764)
9. Michael van der Mark PATA Honda World Superbike 1:31.854 (+1.025)
10. Niccolo Canepa Team Hero EBR 1:32.002 (+1.173)
11. Sylvain Guintoli PATA Honda World Superbike 1:32.220 (+1.391)
12. Leon Camier MV Agusta 1:32.238 (+1.409)
13. Tati Mercado Barni Ducati 1:32.239 (+1.410)
14. Sylvain Barrier BMW Italia 1:32.268 (+1.439)
15. Matteo Baiocco Althea Ducati 1:32.430 (+1.601)
16. Randy de Puniet Voltcom Crescent Suzuki 1:33.137 (+2.308)
17. Roman Ramos GO Eleven Kawasaki 1:33.349 (+2.520)
18. Matthew Walters Pedercini Kawasaki 1:33.354 (+2.525)
19. Jed Metcher Race Center Kawasaki 1:33.570 (+2.741)
20. Santiago Barragan Grillini Kawasaki 1:34.104 (+3.275)
21. Larry Pegram Team Hero EBR 1:34.274 (+3.445)
22. Christophe Ponsson Grillini Kawasaki 1:34.966 (+3.137)
23. Gabor Rizmayer Team Toth BMW 1:35.351 (+4.522)
24. Imre TothTeam Toth BMW 1:36.112 (+5.283)
25. Davide Giugliano Aruba.it Racing Ducati NIL.
WSBK Phillip Island test - day one
Lowes stays with Crescent Suzuki for 2015
Jerez WSBK test day one: Rea quickest
Jerez WSBK test day two: Giugliano sets the pace
Jonathan Rea joins Sykes at Kawasaki for 2015
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSBK: Phillip Island test - Sunday AM||Grinchy||Taking it to the Track||4||02-22-2010 01:16 PM|