MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

for those thninking of getting an R1

found this interesting thread on R1 forum

1st post
I have been having a hard time lately, maybe it is buyers remorse, not really sure. I bought my 05 Black R1 in February, between the time i bought it and now I have put a total of 170 miles on it, the last 90 miles have been over the past 2 weeks. Yes you read that right, 170 miles TOTAL.

I bought a new house and have been doing alot of stuff with it so my riding time just is not available, or so it seems. Also, I have a track bike and street riding just does not appeal to me as much as it used to. If i had a track closer to me i would probably give up street riding all together.

In the small amount of miles i have put on the bike it seems like it is just so overpowered to really have alot of fun on while on the street without breaking every law out there. Don't get me wrong, the bike does everything right, handles great, smooth, easy to ride, somewhat comfortable.

What do you all do when/if you ever feel like this? I used to have a 600 for the street and it just seemed like it was more fun to ride on the street than my R1. maybe i am just getting old.

Your thoughts.

2nd post
I think the older R1's are better street bikes because they make their power down low which makes them more fun on the street. Seems like on the 04/05 R1's you have to be doing over 100mph before the real power kicks in. That 05 would be sweet on the track though.
3rd
I agree the 05 would be nice on the track, but i have my R6 pretty much set up the way i want now and it is paid for. So if I go down at least i do not have to worry about that.

I am contemplating selling the R1 and maybe finding something more street oriented. I keep looking at bikes like the Monster, Tuono, and Motards. They just seem like they would be more fun to play on the street with. Unfortunately i have never rode any of these to really be sure. I have only read the reviews from the mags.
4th
I will be replacing my R1 with an R6 For those and other reasons.

this comes from dedicated R1 fanatics, trust their thoughts and reasons...

think before you buy
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote