MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #21
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Everyone knows the easiest way is to drill the bottom of the tank to drain the gas out.
Yea, but w/ drilling, u gotta use some cardboard and duct tape for when he gets to his destination
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a gas tank garrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-18-2014 03:59 PM
Old gas tank aznconquerer How To's and Q & A's 9 06-25-2012 11:32 PM
Denting gas tank ALEXD Stunters Lounge 11 12-18-2010 01:38 PM
looking for gas tank ely2000 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 04-22-2010 08:39 PM
Gas Tank, need help... RideToDie Performance and Modifications 2 07-30-2006 08:30 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #22
Monkeylawyer

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CB 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
The 929 is fuel injected. Pull the return line off the tank and open the cap. Most of it will drain that way.
Try to refill it as soon as possible after you get to Chicago to avoid rust forming.
Have a safe trip!
Awesome Patrick, thanks for the help.

However, I'm completely mechanically retarded (i.e., anything beyond putting gas in and lubing the chain and I call somebody).

From looking at my service manual (and I have a 919, not a 929, if that makes a difference), the fuel return line goes from the fuel tank to the fuel pump. So, do I just disconnect the part that's connected to the fuel pump, open the top of the tank (i.e., where I put fuel in), and watch the fuel flow out of the fuel return line? How exactly do I disconnect the ruel return line from the fuel pump? Do I have to remove the fuel tank from the bike to do any of the above? Do I need any special tools or new parts to do this (or to reconnect the fuel return line to the fuel pump)?

Thanks so much.
Monkeylawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #23
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeylawyer
Awesome Patrick, thanks for the help.

However, I'm completely mechanically retarded (i.e., anything beyond putting gas in and lubing the chain and I call somebody).

From looking at my service manual (and I have a 919, not a 929, if that makes a difference), the fuel return line goes from the fuel tank to the fuel pump. So, do I just disconnect the part that's connected to the fuel pump, open the top of the tank (i.e., where I put fuel in), and watch the fuel flow out of the fuel return line? How exactly do I disconnect the ruel return line from the fuel pump? Do I have to remove the fuel tank from the bike to do any of the above? Do I need any special tools or new parts to do this (or to reconnect the fuel return line to the fuel pump)?

Thanks so much.
I remember you just sign up and now leaving us already?
Take me with you out of this madness.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #24
Monkeylawyer

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CB 919

Bump cuz I'm still retarded.
Monkeylawyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement