MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Ducati finish day two second and fifth

Significant improvements with some components of the GP143

Ducati finish day two second and fifth

ANDREA Dovizioso placed the Desmosedici GP14.3 second after the second day of first official 2015 MotoGP test in Sepang whilst Andrea Iannone finished fifth.

The morning saw ideal weather conditions where Dovizioso took only twenty minutes to place himself at the top of the standings on a soft tyre. However, the afternoon saw track temperature increase and therefore major improvements were ruled out.

Lorenzo broke the two-minute barrier and therefore Dovizioso’s time of 2:00.015 was retired to second, 52 thousandths of a second behind Lorenzo.

Dovizioso explained: “I am very happy with the pace I did today because we were interested in doing a long-run: we did 15 laps in these extremely hot conditions, and it was important to do some constant laps, which is normally a bit our limit.

“We lapped pretty well, and this shows that the guys back in the factory have been working well in recent months. I’m happy with this morning’s time but not 100% because I wanted to see a time of 1’59 on the dash! I was counting on it, it was an aim of mine here but I just missed out. Hopefully it won’t rain tonight so we can find the track still fast tomorrow.”

No longer a rookie, Andrea Iannone made progress compared to his first day of the Sepang test by completing a time one second faster setting a best lap of 2:00.391 on a hard compound tyre in the afternoon. The Italian is now placed sixth in the combined times so far.

“I am quite happy with the way the test went today,” stated Iannone. “And in the end we managed to improve a lot our performance from yesterday.

“In addition, I managed to find more feeling with the bike in turn-in, and now under braking I feel a lot safer and I can push harder. Some of the components of the GP14.3 have for sure helped us in this and it’s a very important aspect in view of the race.

“Tomorrow is the third and final day of testing and we can do some more modifications, because I want to improve even more.”

Related Content

Ducati: Progress engulfed by rivals
Ducati offers for Dovizioso
Dovizioso confirms place at Ducati
Dovizioso: ‘I would never team up with Rossi’
Two-year Ducati deal for Dovizioso

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote