MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

All Girls Who Didn't do the Trackday

I know we have tons of ladies on here that didn't go to the MSR-H All Girls Trackday on the 2nd. Come out of your hiding ...

Honestly, I was just wondering, why weren't you able to make it, didn't want to make it or what would it take for you to a ladies' only trackday?

I would make a poll but it will just get spammed up again. :BangHead:

I wasn't able to make it first because I thought I didn't have the finances, fixed that but then I was still worried about the dragging exhaust pipe issue on my Viffer, gotta get those dang Ohlins. In the end, I figured, what the heck, let me try my best and go but then the trip to Rochester, NY came up. I am definitely planning on doing the next one.

So, what is your excuse? Don't be shy. It would be awesome to have more of these trackdays and I think very highly of Buck to put up with the ladies :laughing6 and offer this awesome opportunity. What would it take for you?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DEAN LADEN DID A TRACKDAY AND DIDN'T CRASH! FastLine Taking it to the Track 19 03-02-2009 02:12 PM
Attn: Ladies doing Girls Trackday Look HERE!!!!!! Mala Lingua Taking it to the Track 16 06-06-2008 09:11 AM
All Girls' Trackday - Another report Faylaricia Taking it to the Track 63 05-20-2008 10:25 AM
3/3 Noob Trackday Girls Video Derek Steptoe General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 03-14-2007 04:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
TnTEntR1
R.I.P Bobby K/ NY Matty

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'06 Yama R1

^^^BUMP^^^ for Lady Knee Draggers....

Tuan Tran
MOTO-INSURANCE
Direct# 281-300-1333
"Like a Good Neighbor, TntEntR1 is there!"
TnTEntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
why doesn't all the guys go out to the track? i believe you will get the same answers....

people ride bikes for different reasons, whether it be cruising, stunting, posing, trackriding.....you can't persuade everyone to hit the track. i also think it is the fear of crashing that stops some people from going to the track as well. also afraid that they will be the slowest one out there (it's a pride thing). i have a few friends that won't probably go to the track for a while, if even.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

If i had a cheap track bike,, i would go for some fun.. even at my age, just cant seem to put that busa (so purdy) out on the track knowing I couldnt do anything with it... I still like to watch..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
EEastman

Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 F4i, Yamaha R6 Raven

Send a message via Yahoo to EEastman
I went on Saturday just to observe, to see if I would be interested in doing a track day. And you can bet I'll be at the next one. Riding for sure! All you ladies looked good out there. Even the ones who were riding track for the first time. I was so impressed!
EEastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
why doesn't all the guys go out to the track? i believe you will get the same answers....

people ride bikes for different reasons, whether it be cruising, stunting, posing, trackriding.....you can't persuade everyone to hit the track. i also think it is the fear of crashing that stops some people from going to the track as well.
I am not looking into turning all ladies into track junkies but I know that we have a lot more ladies on the board and riding and if some of them are on the fence, then it would be nice to know what it would take for them to try it out or, if they are not interested at all, that would be good to know too.

I am sure Buck or other orgs will get requests for more ladies' trackdays and it would be nice to see what it would take to get another one and make it a full one at that.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
maskale

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

some may look at it in terms of $

Why spend 300.00 to ride on a track for 4.5 hours when I can ride Crabb River Rd. for free.

200 for track
100 to rent leathers
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #8
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

I would have gone, but I just finished my msf course and haven't even rode my bike yet, I want a little more practice before I put myself or others in harms way due to lack of experiance. Also I know I would definately be the slowest, however that would not be a pride thing for me because I would rather be slower and stay on the track than pull a xanthia
Old 06-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskale

Why spend 300.00 to ride on a track for 4.5 hours when I can ride Crabb River Rd. for free.

200 for track
100 to rent leathers

yes,,,, I have no money...:confused2

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #10
apalonia6
s

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600

Send a message via Yahoo to apalonia6
Quote:

200 for track
100 to rent leathers

IT'S WORTH TO SPEND THE MONEY AND BE SAFE !!!AT LEAST I THINK MY LIFE IS WORTH IT!1
apalonia6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #11
apalonia6
s

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600

Send a message via Yahoo to apalonia6
^^^^
apalonia6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #12
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:

200 for track
100 to rent leathers
Holy. . .$300?!? That's 30 manga. Five uber-gadoober rare plants. A pallet of moss stone to landscape the front yard. Gas for a thousand dumpster diving trips. I was curious yet hesitant when I thought it was, don't laugh, $50-75. It isn't that I'm not willing to spend $ on something I love, but I guess I haven't been bit by the track bug. I get how it can infest one in the the sinew and marrow, and likely a trip out to watch would be enough to prompt me to say "I want it," but watching and not doing always sucks. :icon_bigg Plus, it's always unwise for one such as myself to intentionally seek out new, expensive hobbies.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #13
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

I agree with you jet to an extent, but shouldn't one be comfortable with thier bike before jumping on a track with a bunch of others that may or may not know what they are doing. It's the order of life, you have to crawl before you walk and walk before you run right.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #14
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

JETG, I agree. I am totally into riding horses and there are always clinics to go to, lessons to take, books to read, to improve your skills. A lot of folks never ride without an instructor all their life.

But then I see folks taking the MSF (if at all), getting on a motorcycle, hop on the street and tear it up out there without any further guidance, schooling or anything. Trackdays are perfect for schooling, so is weekend parking lot drills. It all makes street riding that much more fun and safer.

I grew up at the track with my parents, used to go the track watching the Porsche Club at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and when I went last year in April to watch the bikes, I knew I wanted to be out there! I wanted to be out on the Ninja250 before I hit 200 miles but was told to wait a little at least, lol. Now I was out there and know how much there is to learn. :notworthy

It is different for different people, but in either case, a riding school at a track is always a good thing.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #15
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Well....Buck knows why I had to back out... This "ladies" day came too close after my vacation, and I didn't want to NOT have enough $$ for vacation. I don't have money flying out of my , but it would be cool to see that, no? :confused1 LOL

I have all my gear and whatnot, so that's not an issue. A track day just has to be at the right time (in the pay schedule) for me. I've already paid for my tracktime for Moto-gina (Las Vegas) in October, so at least that one is in my future! Plus, I'll get to crash...oops I mean ride...their bikes!

I've done plenty o' track days in my car(s)...I'm anxious to do one on the bike
Old 06-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #16
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua
it's always unwise for one such as myself to intentionally seek out new, expensive hobbies.
Racing would be a new hobby

How would it sound if it was announced as a riding school with instructions to further improve your skills? (which it is :icon_bigg ) If you think of it this way?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #17
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua
Holy. . .$300?!? That's 30 manga. Five uber-gadoober rare plants. A pallet of moss stone to landscape the front yard. Gas for a thousand dumpster diving trips. I was curious yet hesitant when I thought it was, don't laugh, $50-75. It isn't that I'm not willing to spend $ on something I love, but I guess I haven't been bit by the track bug. I get how it can infest one in the the sinew and marrow, and likely a trip out to watch would be enough to prompt me to say "I want it," but watching and not doing always sucks. :icon_bigg Plus, it's always unwise for one such as myself to intentionally seek out new, expensive hobbies.
That is why you sign up to cornerwork.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #18
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Chassis
I've already paid for my tracktime for Moto-gina (Las Vegas) in October, so at least that one is in my future!
Femmoto? :icon_bigg
Old 06-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #19
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
How would it sound if it was announced as a riding school with instructions to further improve your skills? (which it is :icon_bigg ) If you think of it this way?
I'd say you have a promising career in advertising. :laughing6
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #20
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

I actually might do the HART novice school at Hallett too... I've already got it "pre-authorized" At the very least I know that track backwards and forwards!