MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #41
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a lawyer goracgo Off Topic 12 07-18-2012 11:20 AM
Traffic Citation Needed. Worth lawyer'ing up? image0r Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 2 04-06-2012 07:26 PM
the best lawyer ever pester Off Topic 3 09-24-2011 03:37 PM
lawyer PYROBUG51 Off Topic 11 01-06-2011 11:49 PM
NEED A LAWYER busa5225 Off Topic 50 05-24-2008 11:29 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #42
Tommytom

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06' R1 anniversary edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari
Bwahahaha...you mean the crack head who just got in from under the Pierce Elevated wouldnt help you out? lol.
he probably would have loved to... but the question is would I have appreciated it...? :confused2 I was like this with my back to the wall.
Tommytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #43
ga_goosh
It's Me...

Bike(s):
for now...nothing :(

you can get a lawyer but it wont be any cheaper then paying the ticket, but the lawyer will keep it off your record.
ga_goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #44
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #45
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
111?

You definitely need a lawyer or just show up to court with a jar of vasoline and a toothbrush.
-d

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA OMFG.... :laughing6

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #46
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #47
Tommytom

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari
Lmao. You're cracking me up. So true. Especially your first time. I've been twice and my first time I literally got demanded on for my Jordans. This was in 95 of course. This worked. When you go through medical and you know you're only looking at a day or so, tell medical you are taking pain medicine for a sore back. They'll send you away from everyone else for another 24 hrs to get your prescription. By the time you're done, its time to go home. If I hadnt done that, who knows. Actually, on my way out, I gave the guy my bottle of meds and boy he was happy. I was like..here, take them all. Im out of here.
Yeah I'll admit- I was a little nervous... the thing about it was I was arrested for PI... and was as sober as I could be. It was complete BS- (long story- another reason my faith in law enforcement is not so strong) Some dude thought he was gonna punk me for my lunch- so I told him to get Fuqed... probably not the smartest thing considering I was the only 5'8" 175 lb "whitie" in the cell... but it seemed to do the trick. Nobady else spoke to me the whole time.

I didn't mean to jack this thread- but I think the concensus is... Get a lawyer. Now that I think about it- the jail option just doesn't seem like a good deal. LOL
Old 06-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #48
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
When I went to county, I had some brotha wanting my Yankees Jersey and tried to step to me. HAHAHA yea that was a stupid mistake on his part.

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #49
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 06-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #50
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 06-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #51
t.dubya
Senor Member

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

def get an attorney!
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #52
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommytom
Tell that to Nicole Smiths family... OJ wasn't charged with just traffic tickets. There is a lack of concern- what LA LA land do you live in?
I'm talking traffic tickets and you're talking about Orenthal? Mmmmm, that conversation isn't what I'm talking about when I encouraged you to talk to the judge about lack of concern. I have only one to my credit, how many people have you shot/stabbed/murdered?

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #53
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

why would you stop if you see police lights on on the other side of the freeway?
wever411 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #54
Hulk23

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzfguy
so what equals 435 dollars in conroe, going 111 in a 65. Whats the chances i can get this dismissed or atleast reduced. Or if all that fails trying to keep it off my driving record.

1. i think he clocked me wrong, he hit me from the other side of the freeway, i had a passenger, so i was taking it slow.

2. as soon as i saw lights i pulled over( i did see the lights go up on the other side, though about running...but radios might be faster then me.)

:eh:
Im not trying to be a di*#@ but the main problems I see here is speeding with a passenger, and even thinking about running from a cop with someone elses life in your hands. Thats just Motorcycles Unlimited .02

Anyways on the subject I have always used lawyers for my speeding tickets in cars and it seems to have always worked out well.
Hulk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #55
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

+ 2 on "Prepaid Legal."

I've had to consult with them several times and it is always for free. And you got them when you need it. It is worth it.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #56
Tommytom

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
I'm talking traffic tickets and you're talking about Orenthal? Mmmmm, that conversation isn't what I'm talking about when I encouraged you to talk to the judge about lack of concern. I have only one to my credit, how many people have you shot/stabbed/murdered?

-d
I was making a general statement- about the judicial system as a whole...being controlled by money rather then morality. I never specified traffic court- although it is just as corrupt. I guess I should have specified- They have a lack of concern for "right and wrong". I dont have to be a killer/criminal to know whats going on in my own country. You ever heard of OJ Simpson, Micheal Jackson, Enron executives... These are just a few examples of money dictating guilt or innocence. What do you think the outcome for these individuals would have been had they been on yours and my budget? I hope you can see my point... if not- its cause you don't want to see it... and whatever- moving on...
Old 06-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #57
Tommytom

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
I still can't believe that some people are shocked that the "system" is about money :laughing6 Life is about money folks, so when are you going to wise up? *Hint* The world is an unfair place.
Preaching to the chior bro... Not shocked- just stating the facts. When I said I always thought the judicial system was about "right or wrong" I was speaking about my teenage years- where I learned the hard way- that nobody gave a . I seem to have gotton under your skin as well as DOA's... i take it you are both employed in the "system"... maybe thats why you guys are not able to view it as an outsider. I'm new here and don't wish to get on ANYONES bad side... I can drink a beer with anybody- but if you guys dont like my opinion- then cool- we'll just have to disagree on some things.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #58
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommytom
I was making a general statement- about the judicial system as a whole...being controlled by money rather then morality. I never specified traffic court- although it is just as corrupt. I guess I should have specified- They have a lack of concern for "right and wrong". I dont have to be a killer/criminal to know whats going on in my own country. You ever heard of OJ Simpson, Micheal Jackson, Enron executives... These are just a few examples of money dictating guilt or innocence. What do you think the outcome for these individuals would have been had they been on yours and my budget? I hope you can see my point... if not- its cause you don't want to see it... and whatever- moving on...
I understand what you're saying, but what's the better answer? With all the perceived flaws of our judicial system, it is superior to anything else that the world has to offer. Sure it sucks that if you're poor or just not able to afford a "dream team" to defend you, but you are still in better standing with a public defender in the US courts than anywhere else on the planet.

Now back to the traffic court thing. Traffic court is about as good as it gets for the everyday man. You can pay a hundred dollars or so to have someone to represent you that could actually do a better job than if you hired a mega lawyer. Why? Because the $100 traffic lawyer is better experienced in the municipal court system and knows all the tricks of the trade. I'd take my chances with a lawyer from Sullo & Sullo on a traffic case than either of the Degeurin brothers any day of the week.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #59
Tommytom

Bike(s):

I couldn't agree more. I'm very patriotic. I love this country. I gladly served in The USAF which is something I'm very proud of. I've been around the world and can appreciate just how great we do have it. I fly the American flag for many reasons- not just because it looks pretty. But that doesn't mean that our country isnt flawed. It was once "For the people, by the people", but I'm afraid it is slowly becomming "for the rich, by the rich"...
Old 06-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #60
Tommytom

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
I still can't believe that some people are shocked that the "system" is about money :laughing6 Life is about money folks, so when are you going to wise up? *Hint* The world is an unfair place.
By the way, I was going to just drop it- but you know this comming from a cop is so average. We agreed cops have a need for a slight arrogance when on the job. I fully understand what it takes to take charge of a situation. I also understand the obvious threat you guys face on a daily basis- and thats to be respected... but here we are on a forum and the arrogance seems to come thru as a personality trait... you're not on the job officer- and there ain't a thing YOU can teach me about life. I've been there son- got the t-shirt and wore it out.

Again I realize I'm new here- I hate to ruffle feathers- I'd rather just get along and meet people to ride with... but I'm not one to mince words- I've earned everything I ever got... So don't expect to treat me like you just pulled me over Mr. Officer sir...

Advertisement