Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Stoner positive after RC213V test

Backtoback chassis comparisons new Brembo brakes and more

Stoner positive after RC213V test

TWO-TIME former MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner has been back-to-back testing the 2014 and 2015 RC213Vs at Sepang in Malaysia.

The 29-year-old experimented with suspension settings and new brake calipers and made chassis comparisons during a three-day test beginning on Thursday morning.

Intermittent rain did not prevent the team getting 'a lot done,' Stoner said.

He said: 'Overall it’s been a good test, very positive.'

'On the first day we worked on the base set-up and tested some small things before the rain arrived and we had to stop. Then on day two I spent a lot of time doing a back-to-back chassis comparison from last year’s bike to this year’s and I also tested different variations of the chassis.

'Brembo brought some new aluminium calipers for us to try and Honda had several other test items which we managed to get through before the rain came once again.

'On the final day we confirmed some feelings from yesterday and tried a few electronic packages as well as some different suspension.'

Stoner also completed a few laps on the Suzuki 8-Hour Honda CBR1000RR in the afternoon of the final day.

He said: 'Riding the CBR was very different. I’ve never really ridden that kind of bike, the shifting, riding position, engine power, weight characteristic etc was quite difficult and took some getting used to.

'After a few exits I had more of an understanding and was able to give some feedback. In general it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed being able to feel the rear of the bike step out.'
  • Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.

Related Content

Stoner tests 2015 Honda RC213V
Stoner completes 2015 RC213V test
Honda to build low cost RCVs
Simoncelli tests 1000cc Honda at Motegi
Qualifying pace for Stoner on opening day

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote