MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
Track_Graphics

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

CBR1000RR Head Bolts

Anyone know if there's a way to re-torque the head bolts on an 08 without tearing the whole fargin thing apart?

I paint - I ain't with engines and those types of tools. I barely know a left-handed screwdriver from and alan puller....
I'm worried I'll get it all together and find an extra piston still laying on the table. I gotta take them out, right? They're the round things with the long part on it......... right?
Once I tried to add thread to my tires. Regular fkucking needles aren't strong enough to get through that rubber if you don't have the right tools-
---- so you can imagine the result of that fun activity.
but I want to give 'r a go here anyway-

At this point, I got the fairings are off. Then I dropped my head and cried.... Holy FKUC there are a lot of toobs and wires!!!!!!
Took a few shots of Yukon Jack just to calm down (I don't know, could have actually been many), woke up the next morning with some chrome
flavored wrenchy thing in my hand, a few drops of blood, face down on the cool cement garage floor. Unfortunately, no one snuck in and fixed everything for me.

So - the serious part - Anyone know if there's a trick or special tool I can use to save me from ripping the bike to ?

...and then end up parting it out....