Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2015, 05:46 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

No fractures for Guintoli after crash

The Frenchman will be fit for the first WSBK at Phillip Island

No fractures for Guintoli after crash

REIGNING World Superbike Champion Sylvain Guintoli sustained no fractures after he highsided at Turn 1 at Jerez, Spain on Monday during private pre-season testing.

The Frenchman decided to return to the UK for further assessment which included an MRI scan on his neck and back along with further X-rays on his right ankle. No fractures were revealed despite severe bruising and discomfort, but the 32-year-old has now begun physiotherapy and will use of a hyperbaric chamber.

“The back is still quite painful,” said Guintoli. “But, I can put some pressure on the ankle and I’m happy that there are no breaks. The treatment has started and although it will take a while to settle down, I’m confident about being fit and ready to start the season at Phillip Island next month.”

The Pata Honda rider added: “In the end, it was frustrating to miss the test at Jerez, especially because the weather conditions were so good.

"But we have another two-day test in Australia before the first round and I’ve already had a chance to see the work that has been done to the CBR over the winter, so I’m excited and looking forward to the first race.”

Guintoli will be fit to race the first round of the World Superbike Championship at Phillip Island in Australia on 22nd February and is hoping to become the first back-to-back World Superbike title winner since Carl Fogarty's in 1998 and 1999

Related Content

Jerez WSBK test day one: Rea quickest
Checa ends private WSB test on top
Phillip Island WSB test times - Day 1
Guintoli switches to Pata Honda for 2015
Checa leads at the end of day two

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote