MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2015, 04:31 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Tinmouth joins BSBs Honda Racing

The only female racer in BSB now has a factory ride

Tinmouth joins BSBs Honda Racing

JENNY Tinmouth has signed for the Honda Racing team for this years British Superbike Championship.

Tinmouth, who will be riding a Suprebike-spec Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, will be alongside team-mates Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran on equal machinary and on track.

The 36-year-old joined the British Superbike Championship in 2011 and became the first ever female racer to score points in this very Championship. As well as this, Tinmouth is known for her success at the Isle of Man TT where she holds the record for the fastest female racer around the Mountain course at 119.946mph.

"I'm absolutely over the moon and cannot believe I'm riding for Honda Racing,” said Tinmouth.

“The offer was totally unexpected. I went for a meeting with Nick [Campolucci] to discuss the season and had a few cheeky questions I wanted to ask about Honda helping me out with bikes, and when the offer came I couldn't believe what I was being asked.

“I went into the meeting thinking it would just be some help and came out as a full-time Honda rider. It's always been my ultimate dream to ride for the team and to have the opportunity this year is just amazing. I'm riding the Honda BSB bike for the first time during a team test in March and I can't wait."

The Louth-based Honda Racing Team spent 2014 out of the BSB Championship developing their CBR1000RR Fireblade after winning the Championship in 2013 with Alex Lowes. Honda Racing are now back full-time to compete in the entirer 12-round Championship.

Nick Campolucci, Head of Motorcycles at Honda (UK), added: "There'll be a focus on Jenny because she's a female racer, of course. After all, she's the first and only woman rider to compete in British Superbikes. But she's a proven competitor and current Isle of Man TT lap record holder.

“Jenny joins the team on merit and we are very pleased that we have the opportunity to work with her."

Related Content

Linfoot and O'Halloran join Honda for BSB 2015
Audio: Jenny Tinmouth on Radio 2
R9: Cadwell Park BSB results
Parkes to join Brookes at Milwaukee Yamaha in 2015
Scooter pips leccy bikes to podium glory?

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement