MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Industry News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Team Britain win the Phillip Island Classic

Highest individual point scorer Farquhar wins the Ken Wootton Perpetual Trophy

Team Britain win the Phillip Island Classic
Jeremy McWilliam's claiming pole position

TEAM Britain won the AMCN International Phillip Island Classic meeting on Sunday thanks to Ryan Farquhar and consistency from the whole team.

Farquhar led Team Britain to the top after finishing four six-lap races with the highest individual points scorer of 141-points on the Roger Winfield Harris Yamaha F1 after finishing eighth, fourth, sixth and fifth in the four six-lap races.

The Northern Irish racer also became victorious in winning the Ken Wootton Perpetual Trophy as the highest point scorer.

Australian Brendan Roberts became close to claiming this very trophy until he ran off at Doohan Corner on the final lap and failed to finish.

Ramsey man Conor Cummins finished with a total of 139-points which, combined with Jeremy McWilliams’ 138-points, meant that consistency was key as they went on to win the Tahbilk International Challenge title breaking host-nation Australia’s winning streak despite them winning three of the four races.

“This is all a bit of a shock really,” said Farquhar. “Race four was really all about playing the team game, but in the latter stages I knew what the equation was and I just really put my head down.

“The victory hasn’t really sunk in yet, but if you ask me about midnight tonight I’m sure I will have come to grips with it all by then.”

Team Britain, which also included Isle of Man TT legend John McGuinness and Mike 'Spike' Edwards, won by a 42-point lead from the Australian’s 617-points. America finished in third with New Zealand in fourth with 347-points.

McWilliams, who claimed two pole positions, added: “This is a great day for the UK team, and understandably there’s a fair bit of emotion in the pits at the moment.

“The International Challenge is extremely tough and you’ve got to be there in every race. This weekend, we had solid riders and solid equipment and we proved to be more reliable when it counted.

“But we still had our fair share of issues, but to get past those headaches and take the victory is an absolutely sensational result. And congratulations must also go to Ryan, who was incredible all weekend.”

Related Content

McGuinness and Cummins remain with Honda Racing
Cummins joins McGuinness at Honda for 2014
McGuinness to ride Hislop's 1992 winning Norton at the Classic TT
Farquhar to make Superbike TT return
Sykes ends Phillip Island test on top

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote