MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

inspection sticker

My plates are due for renewal. My nephew noticed that the dude that did my inspection never punched out a year. Should I ride it out, or stop being a tight and jut get a new one done anyway? What do you guys think?
gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inspection Sticker Pink_Pixie Car Forum 18 02-29-2012 05:31 PM
inspection sticker george b General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 08-13-2011 12:31 PM
inspection sticker izzyzf600r General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-28-2007 08:26 PM
Inspection Sticker redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 07-01-2007 06:02 PM
Need inspection sticker help Ya Boy General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-23-2006 05:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

go back to the dude that did it and have him replace your sticker.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

dont punch any of them, if you get pulled over act like you did not know, what's the last year, punch that one out.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
stlal
Superman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior

Send a message via MSN to stlal
either go back to him or just get a razor blade and make your own
Old 06-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

dont punch it out. and no matter what, if the cop asks, you just got it last month..
Old 06-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

if you go get a new inspection sticker, don't freak out when they charge you 14.50 this time around, they just upped the price
Slingblade92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #7
Tommytom

Bike(s):
06' R1 anniversary edition

Speaking of inspection stickers... I got pulled over a while back- I store my insp sticker under my rear seat because it came on that huge wing on the back and when I tried to remove it it began to read void. So I cut it out (the hard plastic) and just stuck it under the seat. Anyway I handed it to the cop figuring he'd ask where my sticker was anyway- and he replied... "Okay I see you attended the MSF course so why don't you have your endorsement on your license?

True story- he had no idea what my insp sticker was. So I told him that DMV hadn't sent me my new license yet. He said - okay be safe- have a nice day. I then asked him why he pulled me over ( I know- I should have left it alone, but it kinda urked me he pulled me for no reason) and he said cause I was speeding. I said no- actually I was going 45 mph in a 45 mile per hour zone. He just got in his car and left. ???? COPS-
Tommytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommytom
Speaking of inspection stickers... I got pulled over a while back- I store my insp sticker under my rear seat because it came on that huge wing on the back and when I tried to remove it it began to read void. So I cut it out (the hard plastic) and just stuck it under the seat. Anyway I handed it to the cop figuring he'd ask where my sticker was anyway- and he replied... "Okay I see you attended the MSF course so why don't you have your endorsement on your license?

True story- he had no idea what my insp sticker was. So I told him that DMV hadn't sent me my new license yet. He said - okay be safe- have a nice day. I then asked him why he pulled me over ( I know- I should have left it alone, but it kinda urked me he pulled me for no reason) and he said cause I was speeding. I said no- actually I was going 45 mph in a 45 mile per hour zone. He just got in his car and left. ???? COPS-
sounds like a page outa my book, only i woulda gotten 3 or 4 tickets
Old 06-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #9
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
it's actual a "writeable" offense for not having the inspection sticker attached to your bike. you shouldn't be able to "whip it out" and hand it to them. just a warning so you don't get ticketed next time around.

GTDRIVR - leave that sumbitch alone.....ride it out and like clayton said..."i just got the inspection last month"

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
atizzle

Bike(s):
'03 SV650S

Send a message via AIM to atizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr
My plates are due for renewal. My nephew noticed that the dude that did my inspection never punched out a year. Should I ride it out, or stop being a tight and jut get a new one done anyway? What do you guys think?
What is a bigger pain in the ? Getting the sticker punched, or getting a ticket?
atizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #11
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
it's actual a "writeable" offense for not having the inspection sticker attached to your bike. you shouldn't be able to "whip it out" and hand it to them. just a warning so you don't get ticketed next time around.
^^ and to be technical, its gotta be above or below your plates. i got a ticket for it a few weeks after buying a bran new bike bc it wasnt where it was supposed to be. in this instance i was a to the cop, he was like 60 and acting like my dad "you're going to die before you pay this thing off" "you are the people that make out streets dangerous"
Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
eugene

honestly, i woudl just ride it out.
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #13
atizzle

Bike(s):
'03 SV650S

Send a message via AIM to atizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
^^ and to be technical, its gotta be above or below your plates. i got a ticket for it a few weeks after buying a bran new bike bc it wasnt where it was supposed to be. in this instance i was a to the cop, he was like 60 and acting like my dad "you're going to die before you pay this thing off" "you are the people that make out streets dangerous"
really? B/c I got pulled over for an improperly mounted license plate and I asked about the inspection sticker. He told me that it doesn't matter where you put the sticker (visible or not), as long as it is there.

Maybe he was just setting me up for another ticket , but that was my experience.
atizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #14
Tommytom

Bike(s):

I figured it was supposed to be displayed but i wonder how they can enforce that. I mean a valid inspection in court seems like it would be sufficient. I guess it would depend on the judge. Or in Unassailable's case... possible jailtime. :laughing6
Old 06-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

Inspection sticker is recommended to be displayed on that gay plate either above or below the license plate. DPS just states "near the license plate at the rear of the vehicle."
Slingblade92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #16
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade92
Inspection sticker is recommended to be displayed on that gay plate either above or below the license plate. DPS just states "near the license plate at the rear of the vehicle."
that is true and correct.
the law is very vague.....but it's a hassle to get pulled over, get a ticket, and fight it in the court system. just put it where "the man" wants it....and you'll be okay.

i just put it on the swingarm because of fender eliminator....because if the officer pulling me over wants to give me about an inspection sticker....he'll just find something else to give me a ticket for anyways.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #17
Tommytom

Bike(s):

I hear ya- court sucks no matter what. I plan on displaying my next sticker exactly there- on the swingarm.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #18
RogerT
Marine & Army Dad

Bike(s):
01 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic FI 1500

Ride it out and then post again after you get the ticket
Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 PM   #19
RaZ
J.A.F.A.

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS 1000, Honda CB750K DOHC

guys yall are forgetting something very important..... inspection stations have computers that link up to the states computers....yep you guessed it by the time the cop pulls you over he already knows your life history...weather you have valid tags inspection and even now they insurance companies are talking to the states computers and the cop knows if you have insurance or not..... i wouldn't lie to a police officer about something he already knows the answer to....it will wind you up in jail
RaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:04 PM   #20
eugene

i would just ride it out.
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement