Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 06:18 PM   #21
I like to ride
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Originally Posted by Blue91
freeway ones look like parking lot of Greenspoint Mall, looking at 45 with BW8 interchange ramps up in the air. Just a guess though.

My guess is the 59 north and beltway exchange.
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THANK YOU sunny ( sunny motorsports) R6Spartan Off Topic 0 03-17-2009 05:15 PM
Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #22
Living for my daughter!

i like it ...good job!
Mr.Modify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #23
Feedback Rating: (1)

Thanks for the compliments, seems that everyone likes the last pic the best lol.
Z-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #24

nice pics...i like the last pic the most too.
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #25
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Originally Posted by Z-Unit
My buddy was trying to learn the settings of his camera so the pics posted were the best we got from this time around...hopefully we can get some better pics next time. I ride whether there is sun or not, so taking pics doesn't cut into my riding time.
Unless you have a tripod (so you can get an extended exposure) the only setting that will help you is bumping up your ISO. Either way, it's still not going to lighten up the dark spots enough to do your bike justice. Low light photography can be quite difficult.
My bicycle costs more than your motorcycle...
Steve O Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:26 PM   #26
Peg Scraper

99 Honda Magna

The best pic is the one with your bike on the right hand side of the frame. In photo/video terms it has "leadroom". The bike is pointing left so it has a symmetry in this shot because you allow it (and your eyes) to flow that direction.

In this photo you can see that the camera exposed for the background which is the dominant part of the image and was brighter. As a result, the foreground (your bike) is darker.

To compensate for this you can do a couple of things:
  1. Manually override the exposure settings so that the camera exposes more for the foreground, however this means you background will also get brighter.
  2. Fill the foreground area with light. You can do this using a technique known as "fill flashing" which puts out just enough light from your flash to lighten things up. Or you can do this but using a reflector that bounces the available light from the sun onto your bike. In this case the reflector would probably be the better option because the setting sun is a warmer (redder) light than the light from a camera flash (a brighter blue color). This means your bike would look more naturally lit to match the surroundings.

Hope this helps your friend.
Hey that's me in post 166! ->
My rant about MH squids ->
MagnaMan is offline   Reply With Quote