Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #41
Can't ride now...
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Originally Posted by 67vwbug
The rider's name is Aaron Harding. He is the cousin of one of my best friends. The circumstances as far as the wreck are concerned, to the best of my knowledge, are that he was leaving a Denny's between 2 and 3am. He was riding a Yamaha V-Star 650. He was not wearing any gear or a helmet. He glanced down at his watch to see what time it was, and when he looked up, the road came to a 'T' with one of those little 2-foot concrete barriers at the end of the road. He decided to lay the bike down. When the bike flipped it took off his leg about 1/2 way up the calf. He also broke his hip in 3 places, broke him arm and has road rash all over the right side of his body. They will know within the next week if they will have to take his leg above the knee if complications arise such as infection. He has 3 kids and I can't even begin to imagine the amount of pain and mental anguish he is going through right now. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he is able to take something positive from this experience, and now allow it to spin him into a depression.

I hope to he heels well both physically and mentally. Please keep him and his kids (family) in your prayers.
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike accident? Kaitlin Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 32 06-19-2012 03:06 PM
Officer with alcohol in system shoots 2 at 2am outside bar houstonbilly The Circus 54 02-24-2011 05:34 PM
bike accident i_win Off Topic 28 07-06-2009 08:41 PM
saw a bike accident Princess General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 07-30-2006 07:36 PM
Old 06-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #42

Experience: 10+ years

Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Man, sorry to hear about this. One moment of inattention and things can go badly wrong.

If it is a construction area, in Texas I believe you are accepting risks of it being hazardous by either driving or riding in that area because it is under construction.

How is it the construction companies fault if he came to a "T" interstection and ran through it?
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #43

2006 CBR 1000RR

My thoughts are with the rider and the family.
Hulk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #44
Lets ride!!

06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
Originally Posted by Hulk23
My thoughts are with the rider and the family.

YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #45
speed junky
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

we all make stupid choices sometimes and you just hope that it is not to costly. Sadly u cannot make a person wear any gear they just don't want to. Again u just hope that your decision is not to costly and learn from it. I have had a couple good wrecks. both i would have been dead if not for a helmet, sadly i SOMETIMES will ride without a jacket as it is so hot. My choice and i try not to make a habit of it. Hope that this guy comes thru ok and is maybe able to get back on a bike. Alot of people tho will never ride another bike after a wreck like this because "bikes are so dangerous" but most of the time it is the riders fault than the bikes fault.
Oh well. Hopefully someone will hear about this guys story and at least wear a helmet.
my 02 as ususal
A man opens the door for u not because he is polite. It's so he can check out your .
Michael Hansen
Cypress Tx
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote