MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2015, 05:00 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Halsall Suzuki sign Waters and Iddon

Waters sticks with Suzuki for a second year with Jack Valentine as Team Manager

Halsall Suzuki sign Waters and Iddon
Waters sticks with Suzuki power

HALSALL Suzuki have announced their 2015 British Superbike team as Australian Josh Waters and former World Supersport rider Christian Iddon.

Together, Waters and Iddon, have become Suzuki GB's official team and after team wwner Martin Halsall recruited Jack Valentine as team manager, the experience alone strengthens their chances of progressing further in the British Superbike Championship in 2015.

30-year-old Iddon said: "I am really happy to be back and with an official team. I have never ridden a Suzuki before so that's a new and exciting experience for me. The Halsall Racing team have had a rapid and meteoric transition from when they first joined the British Championship paddock and with the backing from Suzuki GB they will only get stronger.

"I have spent two seasons developing new bikes, which has made me a stronger rider, but with the Suzuki and the combined experience of the team and Jack [Valentine, team manager] we can hopefully fire in some settings that only need refining so we can hit the ground running at the start of the season.

"As a rider I am excited to get back to the Championship to race in front of the huge British crowds - they are the best in the world, and that is one of the things I am most looking forward to in 2015."

Double Australian Superbike Champion, Waters, scored these domestic titles with Suzuki before switching to the British Superbike Championship. Last season, Waters scored two race wins with Tyco Suzuki at Brands Hatch and Assen along with other podiums and finished ninth overall.

"I am really happy to be back in the Championship again next season and it is great to be staying with Suzuki for 2015. I have had a lot of success in my career with Suzuki so to be back with them in Martin's [Halsall's] team is really exciting," said Waters.

"We ended the 2014 season strongly with the Suzuki, so next year we want to hit the ground running and start where we left off. I feel like I already know the Suzuki and with the support we have we can only improve and go for more podiums and more wins.

"I know that the team with Jack [Valentine, team manager] have a lot of experience and are really determined for next season, so we are all feeling ready to get started."

Valentine explained he's pleased with the 2015 line-up for Halsall Suzuki especially since Waters' 'wealth of experience with the GSX-R' and the potential to improve in specific areas, but also with Iddon's strong EVO results on the Bimota BB3 which shows he's capable of quickly adapting to an unknown and unproven bike to score podiums and pole positions.

Related Content

Suzuki and Halsall Racing join forces
Josh Waters signs with Tyco Suzuki
BSB 2014: Assen race 1 results
Waters: jumping bikes on track is 'weird'
Snetterton BSB test times - final day

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement