MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2005, 09:04 AM   #21

Member Garage

Re: My MSF class...

pros
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regarding that MSF class you took Cog General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-07-2014 11:24 AM
MSF class 01NHRAformy New Riders and MSF Course Info 11 05-15-2011 07:48 PM
Advanced MSF class! samv1368 New Riders and MSF Course Info 6 12-31-2008 01:19 PM
ΤΏΤ MSF Class TXswoldier Off Topic 39 04-01-2006 08:03 PM
MSF CLASS The Menace New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 09-20-2005 05:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 PM   #22
gallo
MSF Instructor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'02 road king
'06 road king

Hi guys...usually I just lurk and read posts, but I beleive this one deserves a reply...Being an instructor myself and having ridden mostly cruisers for close to 30 years and having recently been drawn to the "dark side" by some of my sport riding buddies (now have a "cano'tuna 600) I took my first safety course about 3 years ago and it amazed me that a lot of the things I had been doing though the years totally wrong, but then again, I had been self-taught and had also developed some very bad riding habits along the way. Just because someone may have not had an accident or close call doesn't mean that they couldn't freshen or even learn new skills or correct some bad habits...just my .02 worth, and it's only my personal opinion...I could be wrong.

gallo* *
Old 06-22-2005, 11:20 PM   #23

Member Garage

Thanks for your thoughts and welcome to the board.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:45 AM   #24
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
Ive never taken the class.* I didnt even know they had one till a while back.* ha ha.* *
yeah, me either,, dont really feel as though i need it,, whatcha think?
I think I gotta agree on this one. Ive sat in track classroom enough times to learn from there. Ive taken the racing class, so even though its not a "street" course, I feel like the stuff I learn at the track I can apply them to the streets. I haven't had an accident (knock on wood) yet on the street.. so I must be doing something right! right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:54 PM   #25

Member Garage

Quote:
I think I gotta agree on this one. Ive sat in track classroom enough times to learn from there.* Ive taken the racing class, so even though its not a "street" course, I feel like the stuff I learn at the track I can apply them to the streets.* I haven't had an accident (knock on wood) yet on the street.. so I must be doing something right!* right:

your bike doesnt look street legal, is it?
Old 06-23-2005, 04:00 PM   #26
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3ph3n
Quote:
I think I gotta agree on this one. Ive sat in track classroom enough times to learn from there.* Ive taken the racing class, so even though its not a "street" course, I feel like the stuff I learn at the track I can apply them to the streets.* I haven't had an accident (knock on wood) yet on the street.. so I must be doing something right!* right:

your bike doesnt look street legal, is it?
I attach a fog light on the front thats bright as . And on the rear I put my stock tail back on which only takes about 20 mins to change out. right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:10 AM   #27
Cheelie Wheelie

Bike(s):
2005 R6 raven

Send a message via AIM to Cheelie Wheelie Send a message via Yahoo to Cheelie Wheelie

Are there any classes coming up soon? And are they all about $180? Any cheaper?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #28
st3ph3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6nuevo
Are there any classes coming up soon?* And are they all about $180?* Any cheaper?

Racer X's class is like $165 for like a limited time. Call the MSF operators and they will fill you in on any information you will need.
st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:25 PM   #29
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Are there any classes coming up soon?* And are they all about $180?* Any cheaper?
$180 is the normal price, my school has it for $165 right now, not sure how long

713-365-5660 call now, operators are waiting....... :laughing6:

really take the class before you buy gear, buy bike, before you even shop for the stuff........do it now.......
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #30
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Awesome Cycles has a weekday class for $160 and will match any other school's price for weekend courses.

281-AWESOME (281-293-7663) or www.awesomecycles.com

Old 06-28-2005, 05:54 PM   #31
UrMyStlkAl

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Send a message via AIM to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via MSN to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via Yahoo to UrMyStlkAl

Racer X can I get the addy for your school? Also do you have Weekday classes? I was just looking at Awesome Cycles and thats is on the other side of town.

Either of you know a place close to Sugar Land?
UrMyStlkAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:17 PM   #32
Cheelie Wheelie

Bike(s):
2005 R6 raven

Send a message via AIM to Cheelie Wheelie Send a message via Yahoo to Cheelie Wheelie

thanks for the advice guys, but i think i will go the quick way out. just take the written and then take the driving. don't want to be caught riding with no motorcycle endoresment.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:40 PM   #33
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMyStlkAl
Racer X can I get the addy for your school?* Also do you have Weekday classes?* I was just looking at Awesome Cycles and thats is on the other side of town.

Either of you know a place close to Sugar Land?
Spring Branch ISD, Community Ed.

General Information
Center Phone: 713/365-5660
Center Classroom: 9016 Westview Dr., Houston
Center Range: 9016 Westview Dr., Houston
Center City: Houston
Center Zip: 77055

the only place near you is MTC i think it's short for motorcycle training center , and it's held on the rosenberg fair grounds, but it's usually on the weekends. the only place that i KNOW holds weekday classes is 'awesome'.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-28-2005, 06:43 PM   #34
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
thanks for the advice guys, but i think i will go the quick way out.* just take the written and then take the driving.* don't want to be caught riding with no motorcycle endoresment.
well yes, the written is easy to go and take. the driving.....well. you'll have to go in the morn, and schedule a test. at the appt time, you'll need to come back w/ a licensed rider, riding your insured bike. and you'll have to drive there in a car. then the DPS officer will follow you and honk the horn for lefts/rights........pretty much a PITA

and if you've never ridden before,* your chances of getting into an accident w/o proper training is really high, pretty much every cyclist recommends taking the MSF discount, let alone the ins. co's that give discounts for taking it, let alone learning a thing or 2.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-28-2005, 09:01 PM   #35
Cheelie Wheelie

Bike(s):
2005 R6 raven

well thanks for the suggestions. I have a trailer i will pull it up to the dps. then my dad will drive the car that I used to pull it with. And I got my first bike (600 katana) in 1995. Have an 05 r6, and am a pretty good rider. wheelies, stoppies, etc. It's just that I don't want to be harassed if I get stopped. I don't want them to have any reason for being an , just because i have a nice bike. that's all, I need to be to legit to quit. Thanks again, just to much money, to much time, and time is money ! thanks again !
Old 06-29-2005, 08:40 AM   #36
paniro187

Quote:
well thanks for the suggestions.* I have a trailer i will pull it up to the dps.* then my dad will drive the car that I used to pull it with.* And I got my first bike (600 katana) in 1995.* Have an 05* r6, and am a pretty good rider.* wheelies, stoppies, etc.* It's just that I don't want to be harassed if I get stopped.* I don't want them to have any reason for being an , just because i have a nice bike.* that's all, I need to be to legit to quit.* Thanks again, just to much money, to much time, and time is money !* thanks again !
I'll trailer your bike up if you let me do the riding part on your bike. I need to get my m endorsement. I mean since I'll be street riding with no lights and anything. I at least want my m endorsement and insurance.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #37
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
well thanks for the suggestions.* I have a trailer i will pull it up to the dps.* then my dad will drive the car that I used to pull it with.* And I got my first bike (600 katana) in 1995.* Have an 05* r6, and am a pretty good rider.* wheelies, stoppies, etc.* It's just that I don't want to be harassed if I get stopped.* I don't want them to have any reason for being an , just because i have a nice bike.* that's all, I need to be to legit to quit.* Thanks again, just to much money, to much time, and time is money !* thanks again !
DAMM..........i must be a bad rider, since i can't wheelie or stoppie.........

G/L thats a novel approach to taking the test.

back to the 90% of dead riders are self taught or taught by friends and family...........would you be one of the people taught in that fashion?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-29-2005, 11:29 AM   #38
st3ph3n

You really want him to take your class, don't you? :laughing6:
st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #39
Cheelie Wheelie

Bike(s):
2005 R6 raven

, I have never heard begging like that before? (well maybe from that one girl, but i won't mention names ) Look guy, not to be rude or anything, but if you are saying it is that valuable for me, then why is your class so cheap? You think I can buy my life for 160 dollars, in YOUR pocket???????? And doing wheelies or stoppies, says nothing about the driver except for he/she (have to be politically correct these days ) is either a decent to good rider, he/she has big ! or both ? That doesn't take away from the skills of a driver, that just shows what kind of driver you are. Even though if you have a sport bike, I'd be willing to bet you dream about doing those things, and only choose to affect reality in your own way, by not trying or doing those things. And if it is not stunts, it's going fast, so pick your poison ! So back to the subject MY MSF CLASS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Thanks again for your help. Don't take it personal, but I make a living doing things I taught myself. I know electricity, but never went to school for it. Haven't died yet ! I know carpentry, have all my fingers ! So thanks !

ps. If i pass you doing a wheelie, at least I'll have that M right????????????????????????????????
Old 06-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #40
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

begging, lol, i'm not scheduled to teach till the end of the mos. am i pointing you to the classes i'm teaching in?

so what do i have to gain?

just trying to give you good advice, don't wanna take it up, thats on you.

so if i ride, i have to dream about wheelies and stoppies? damm i shoulda picked another sport........

i wonder how many electricians die every yr vs motorcyclist? i bet being an electrician (if thts what you are) are in your favor vs a motorcyclist.......btw, i design electrical circuits for plants, we don't hire on self-taught peeps, it's all about learning the right way vs fingering it out yourself. i think we have 2 master electrians in our office, do you have any certs?

anyway's...........good luck.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Advertisement