Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #21
50fool
AD

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 636, 2004 crf50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Dont let the bike go until sale is final!!!!!

Im telling you from experience of watching friends be dumb and get screwed over by each other or even other people they let make payments. The "Yeah, ill take the bike and just make your payments plan" never works! Cover your man! Your the only one looking out for you.
was that reply to me? If I sell my bike I will try to get the title first but if I really need the money I might sell it for $1300 then the rest when I get the title. Even if for some reason they copped out on me it wouldn't be the end of the world. Hopefully I can get the carbs cleaned and let her go. Going to get the title switched over is just such a pain in the .
50fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
selling bike and what to do Silvertaco General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 04-08-2015 10:27 AM
When selling a bike... mrceotri Off Topic 6 08-27-2009 12:31 PM
Selling my bike p.r papi General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-20-2009 11:28 AM
selling a bike Dgig General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 08-08-2008 01:03 AM
If you were selling your bike...would this..... cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 05-21-2008 12:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2007, 02:53 AM   #22
fulanito

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 VRSCF V-ROD MUSCLE
08 zx6r
99 zx6r
01 GSXR 750 srad
2000 YZF600 Thundercat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfynumero2
tell her to keep her deposit and call you in 3 weeks when she has the $$$
+1
fulanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:31 AM   #23
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

okay you said she was out of town or not close to give you the deposit in hand.. where is the potential buyer moving from and to?? that was the only thing that set off my BS meter..
on another note i have been in a similar situation. I sold a bike with full contract. i have his SSN, drivers liscence copy with address and number, address and phone of his residence, his parents, and sister. i had a copy of his SS card, a contract that spelled out everything word for word. he gave me 500 down and i never saw another penny. I kept the title which ended up not being a good thing. he never made payments, so after about 3 payments i went to pick up the bike. i find it wrecked, i get a letter from auto insurance company saying it's my fault. to sum it up, i got 500 for a 3700$ bike. i had to go through courts to deal with the wreck, and i now have a bike that is now not worth even $500. cover your , make sure all payments are FINAL (example - money orders can be canceled up to 90 days by the bank or the person that bought it)!

soory i'm so wordy, hopefully it will help a little.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #24
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto84
okay you said she was out of town or not close to give you the deposit in hand.. where is the potential buyer moving from and to?? that was the only thing that set off my BS meter..
on another note i have been in a similar situation. I sold a bike with full contract. i have his SSN, drivers liscence copy with address and number, address and phone of his residence, his parents, and sister. i had a copy of his SS card, a contract that spelled out everything word for word. he gave me 500 down and i never saw another penny. I kept the title which ended up not being a good thing. he never made payments, so after about 3 payments i went to pick up the bike. i find it wrecked, i get a letter from auto insurance company saying it's my fault. to sum it up, i got 500 for a 3700$ bike. i had to go through courts to deal with the wreck, and i now have a bike that is now not worth even $500. cover your , make sure all payments are FINAL (example - money orders can be canceled up to 90 days by the bank or the person that bought it)!

soory i'm so wordy, hopefully it will help a little.
oh man that sucks!!! i had people telling me that they wanted to put money down on my EX250 but my concern was just that! when my bike was posted on CL, i had also a few women post to me about putting money down and making payments but it sound a little fishey so i just kept telling them that i need payment made in full. personally i just wanted the deal done with, i didn't want to have to keep up with the payments and worrying if the person was gonna pay. i was worried about it getting wrecked and never seeing another dime if i had accepted payments. just wait a little longer and get all money up front. where have you posted you bike at? what is the link?
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #25
Spanish Fly

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

ok i seen the post. maybe we all from MH can come up with a more attractive title and description of the bike to make you get more bites on your post. C'mon guys, can you all come up with anything that will help her post stand out and get bought?!?!?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #26
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Thanks for all the info. The bike AND title are both in my hands until it is paid in full. She is going to deposit the money into my paypal account. She is in Pasadena and I am in New Caney. That is one of my concerns. She has none of my personal info, all she needs is my email address for Paypal. What concerned me also is that she didn't ask for any of my personal info, or any type of contract. She doesn't even know where I live. Honestly there is no way in I would send my money to someone I have never met with no way to know if i will get the bike for sure. But I have a feeling it's because she doesn't know any better.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #27
PinkPowerRanger
Dee Dee Dee

Bike(s):
My Hunny has a GSXR 600 RD/BLK

Quote:
I agree..
PinkPowerRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #28
PinkPowerRanger
Dee Dee Dee

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez
Thanks for all the info. The bike AND title are both in my hands until it is paid in full. She is going to deposit the money into my paypal account. She is in Pasadena and I am in New Caney. That is one of my concerns. She has none of my personal info, all she needs is my email address for Paypal. What concerned me also is that she didn't ask for any of my personal info, or any type of contract. She doesn't even know where I live. Honestly there is no way in I would send my money to someone I have never met with no way to know if i will get the bike for sure. But I have a feeling it's because she doesn't know any better.
Replied one min too late... Good luck with selling the bike.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #29
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Talking The Katana is sold!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #30
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Quote:
makes sense to me. just assure her you won't sell the bike out from under her.

If she insists on making the deposit and letting you keep the title and bike then you have a win win. If you want a non-refundable or partially non-refundable deposit then I would make a contract stating so. Have two copies with both signatures.

I would NOT use paypal because they charge too much.

EDIT: NM, done deal.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #31
Pink_Ranger
Boss Lady

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R,Roketa 125cc, 03 Suzuki JR50

Send a message via AIM to Pink_Ranger
well i'm glad everything worked out and you sold your bike
Old 06-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #32
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez
Ok so I have been trying to sell my bike. I have someone who wants to buy it but here's the deal. She wants to give me 500 now with the garauntee of paying it off in 3 weeks. I am holding on to the title and the bike until it is paid in full. Should I write up some kind of contract? Tell her I get to keep partial deposit if it's not paid in time, and refund the rest. Is there any possible way I can get screwed? Since I am so far away she offered to deposit the money into my paypal account which I don't see a problem with, I HOPE. Please no flamin... I just need advice/suggestions. Thanks:notworthy

I did this with a car once. I kept the car and title and everything. We wrote up a contract for sale that if the guy didn't pay it off in x amount of time I kept all the money and the car. I gave him an extra month over what he asked for to pay it off. All went well and he paid it off quickly and it was gone. I wouldn't DARE give the vehicle to the buyer until they have paid for it in full.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #33
Spanish Fly

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

so was she the one that was making payments? what made her want a bike or a katana for that matter? i think it's cool to hear the stories of how people get into m/c.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #34
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:04 PM   #35
PinkPowerRanger
Dee Dee Dee

Bike(s):

Congratulations on selling the bike. Wonder if she made it home alright... :eh:
Old 06-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #36
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

I didn't turn her on to Mh. She was kind of short on words, I think she was just ready to ride. I told her I would call her in a few days and most likely will do then. She said she grew up riding, and had been saving, she like the fact the it was already lowered, plus I think the fact that I was willing to work with her on payments was a plus also. Seemed like a really sweet girl, I hope she enjoys it.

Advertisement