MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #41
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

If the HOT lane didn't exist I wouldn't be able to exploit it, because as soon as I was spotted riding around with a mannequin, I would automatically be guilty and they would have a reason to pull me over.
Since they got greedy and added the HOT, it has made it very difficult to enforce, since they would actually have to bust me going through the wrong lane VS being guilty for being on the HOV period.
So if the HOT lane weren't there, I would deem it to be too much of a risk and would not be taking it. Make sense?
Further more, if they didn't off all our tax dollars on stupid , they would have expanded the roads in a timely manner and I wouldn't have gotten so frustrated with sitting in traffic 2 hours a day that I felt the need to resort to such extreme measures. Make sense?
I've proved this point very clearly due to the fact that I don't get on the HOV in the mornings, because traffic flows at a satisfactory rate.

Yes it is a moving violation and yes I know a good traffic attorney. Furthermore I would never let the points on my license get anywhere near enough for them to suspend my license, I would simply quit using the HOV lane until the points reset. So, no worries there.(this is assuming they would actually win the court hearing)
You are describing a worst case scenario situation and let's be honest here bro, if that's the worst that can happen, it's definitely worth the risk when you consider spending years of your life wasting away in stopped traffic.

As far as your opinion on my time not being worth more than anyone else's...that's your opinion. Guess what? My time is worth more TO ME than anyone else's time. Make sense? Thought so
Not only that, but by all means if anyone else want's to hop on the HOV illegally right along with me, I encourage it. I'd love to see traffic just as backed up on the HOV. Maybe that would trigger them to wake the up and fix the roads.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commuting fecnik General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 09-28-2009 07:45 PM
Commuting to/from work TxBritt08R1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 03-23-2007 01:19 PM
what a terrible way to go... :o\ SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 11-01-2005 12:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #42
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

I donno seems kinda shelfish to me
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #43
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

ha ha

Just admit it you , it's a great idea and you are hating because you didn't come up with it.
Liked this post:
Old 01-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #44
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

No, I'm just starting to realize that you're a diesel truck away from being one of the douchebag drivers you love to about. I know a guy at the Dodge dealership if you decide you want to move up to a Ram.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #45
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
I know a guy at the Dodge dealership if you decide you want to move up to a Ram.
Way too high profile for my needs.

I'm actually doing everyone else a favor by being one less car in line on the main lanes and at least I'm not doing obnoxious like running people off the road, speeding up to block people when they put a turn signal on, blasting them with HID's at eye level, or rolling coal all over their prius.

The only thing I'm NOT doing is giving the county more money to wipe their with, like Mr. paper tag BMW who pays to take the HOT everyday and cuts someone off getting onto it without using a turn signal.
What difference is it to you if I pay the 7 dollars or not?

Funny how no one cares until you feel like I am somehow taking something away from them.

Last edited by Flip Flop; 01-13-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #46
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

the shelfish was just a joke (the spelling)

I really don't care what you do on the streets.
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #47
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
the shelfish was just a joke (the spelling)

I really don't care what you do on the streets.
just say it. Admit that it is a great idea.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:41 PM   #48
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
I donno seems kinda shelfish to me

shelfish indeed

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #49
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Shelfish is actually a pretty good one urban. I think its the first Ive heard of it and thats saying a lot since I survived middle school.

Usually it's something to do with testicles or of a sexual nature and I've heard it a million times
Old 01-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #50
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
If the HOT lane didn't exist I wouldn't be able to exploit it, because as soon as I was spotted riding around with a mannequin, I would automatically be guilty and they would have a reason to pull me over.
Since they got greedy and added the HOT, it has made it very difficult to enforce, since they would actually have to bust me going through the wrong lane VS being guilty for being on the HOV period.
So if the HOT lane weren't there, I would deem it to be too much of a risk and would not be taking it. Make sense?
Further more, if they didn't off all our tax dollars on stupid , they would have expanded the roads in a timely manner and I wouldn't have gotten so frustrated with sitting in traffic 2 hours a day that I felt the need to resort to such extreme measures. Make sense?
I've proved this point very clearly due to the fact that I don't get on the HOV in the mornings, because traffic flows at a satisfactory rate.

Yes it is a moving violation and yes I know a good traffic attorney. Furthermore I would never let the points on my license get anywhere near enough for them to suspend my license, I would simply quit using the HOV lane until the points reset. So, no worries there.(this is assuming they would actually win the court hearing)
You are describing a worst case scenario situation and let's be honest here bro, if that's the worst that can happen, it's definitely worth the risk when you consider spending years of your life wasting away in stopped traffic.

As far as your opinion on my time not being worth more than anyone else's...that's your opinion. Guess what? My time is worth more TO ME than anyone else's time. Make sense? Thought so
Not only that, but by all means if anyone else want's to hop on the HOV illegally right along with me, I encourage it. I'd love to see traffic just as backed up on the HOV. Maybe that would trigger them to wake the up and fix the roads.
So because you're frustrated, you want everyone to throw a tantrum with you and screw up the commute of those using the HOV as it's supposed to be used? Suck it up. Money and location are obviously more valuable to you than time. If time was so important, you'd live closer to work or work closer to home. I think you've just proved my long held theory about why Houston traffic is so bad. You live in the burbs but work in or near the city. You don't have anything invested in the city, so you don't give two about it. People like you only see other vehicles as an obstacle preventing you from making your choice of a ~30 mile commute as short as possible.

Are you a civil engineer? No (but I'm sure you'll say you know one). What are the logistics of expanding the roads? How much private property will have to be purchased/annexed? How much will have to be paid to businesses that are displaced? And most importantly...how many letters have you written to county officials about the need for expansion? Something tells me they're not seeing your MH rants (but the LEOs sure are).

Quote:
ha ha

Just admit it you , it's a great idea and you are hating because you didn't come up with it.
Not hating, because your idea wouldn't benefit me at all since I don't let a little weather scare me off the bike.

Last edited by pinball; 01-13-2015 at 07:07 PM.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-13-2015, 09:33 PM   #51
gots2no
Steve

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage

Tell us the real reason you own a mannequin.
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #52
False

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Not hating, because your idea wouldn't benefit me at all since I don't let a little weather scare me off the bike.
Dude seems full of rage. I ride to prevent that from happening to me. I am a road rage monster in a car. Good gear and cold weather is no big deal.
False is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #53
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
So because you're frustrated, you want everyone to throw a tantrum with you and screw up the commute of those using the HOV as it's supposed to be used? Suck it up.
No and that's not what I said. You twisted my words around to say that. We'll do that to your post here in a minute, but let's address this...

I'm not the one who decided to screw up the commute for people who use HOV legitimately, the county did when they converted it into a toll road during certain hours.
For the fourth time, I'm only doing this during hours when they open the HOV up to make it into a toll road.
In other words, that lane sits there empty during certain hours. Instead of opening it to everyone to make an actual impact on traffic in the main lanes, they decided to charge a ridiculous amount of money in order to use it.
As a result, it makes a negligible impact on traffic in the main lanes, meanwhile the county makes a load of money.
In other words they don't give a about helping the flow of traffic, they just want to make money. Big surprise I know.

Still following me? good.
All I'm asking people to do is to get onto the lane anyways during toll hours, not when it's only open to HOV drivers. No tantrum, no hard feelings, just using the empty lane sitting there next to stopped traffic without paying out the .

Quote:
What are the logistics of expanding the roads? How much private property will have to be purchased/annexed? How much will have to be paid to businesses that are displaced?
You know what all these things have in common? They're pretty easy to fix, it just takes money. Money that they have a shitload of....But why would they spend money making traffic flow less when they could continue to make a killing off of motorists needs to pay to use a toll road? Works out great for them.

Quote:
And most importantly...how many letters have you written to county officials about the need for expansion?
MOST important? Is that a joke?
I need to write them a letter explaining how up traffic is? I think they already know that. I'm not going to waste my time writing someone who doesn't give a .
If that's how you spend your free time, that's on you.

Quote:
Are you a civil engineer?

You're killing me over here. It takes a civil engineer to realize traffic flow is completely and we need to dump a shitload of available funds into expansion projects, instead of blowing it on nonsense?
The hobo on the street corner could figure that one out.

Let me spell this out for you: COUNTY OFFICIALS DON'T GIVE A ABOUT TRAFFIC. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY AND DON"T WANT TO IMPROVE THE ROADS. IT'S BAD FOR BUSINESS

Quote:
my long held theory about why Houston traffic is so bad. You live in the burbs but work in or near the city. You don't have anything invested in the city, so you don't give two about it. People like you only see other vehicles as an obstacle preventing you from making your choice of a ~30 mile commute as short as possible.

Quote:
Apparently nothing gets you off your bike, except maybe if you crash it...like that time the cops tried to pull you over for splitting the HOV(how ironic) and you decided to run from them until you fell off. Do you remember that time?
Boy the system really worked for you bro! You go from high speed police chases to preaching to me about not paying the county money for NOTHING. NO REASON.
They sure did convert you into a saint! Tell me more of this upstanding citizen lifestyle you lead...
Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #54
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
No and that's not what I said. You twisted my words around to say that. We'll do that to your post here in a minute, but let's address this...

That's exactly what you said. I'll explain it to you in a minute.

I'm not the one who decided to screw up the commute for people who use HOV legitimately, the county did when they converted it into a toll road during certain hours.
For the fourth time, I'm only doing this during hours when they open the HOV up to make it into a toll road.

And here it is. You're so hung up on this you don't realize that during HOT lane hours, carpoolers are still using the lane. Your encouragement for people to buy a mannequin and clog it up will with carpoolers. Metro has already reduced the HOT lane hours once because single passenger vehicles were up the flow.

In other words, that lane sits there empty during certain hours.

When it sits empty, traffic is usually flowing at PSL or better, unless there's a wreck.

Instead of opening it to everyone to make an actual impact on traffic in the main lanes, they decided to charge a ridiculous amount of money in order to use it.
As a result, it makes a negligible impact on traffic in the main lanes, meanwhile the county makes a load of money.
In other words they don't give a about helping the flow of traffic, they just want to make money. Big surprise I know.

Please keep reinforcing that money is more important to you than time.

Still following me? good.
All I'm asking people to do is to get onto the lane anyways during toll hours, not when it's only open to HOV drivers. No tantrum, no hard feelings, just using the empty lane sitting there next to stopped traffic without paying out the .

Stating that you're frustrated about traffic, then ranting about it and encouraging people to up the HOV lane is throwing a tantrum. I can go back and quote that for you, if you'd like.

You know what all these things have in common? They're pretty easy to fix, it just takes money. Money that they have a shitload of....But why would they spend money making traffic flow less when they could continue to make a killing off of motorists needs to pay to use a toll road? Works out great for them.

I'll ask again. How much money would it take?

MOST important? Is that a joke?
I need to write them a letter explaining how up traffic is? I think they already know that. I'm not going to waste my time writing someone who doesn't give a .
If that's how you spend your free time, that's on you.

I'm not the one off about traffic. I act like an adult and accept that where I live might result in a longer commute. I've only had one issue with traffic, and that was with the HOT lane times starting so early. It clogged the HOV, and I did contact Metro. Apparently I wasn't the only one, because a few weeks after I voiced my complaint, Metro changed the HOT lane times.

You're killing me over here. It takes a civil engineer to realize traffic flow is completely and we need to dump a shitload of available funds into expansion projects, instead of blowing it on nonsense?
The hobo on the street corner could figure that one out.

Nope, but it takes a civil engineer to fix it.

Let me spell this out for you: COUNTY OFFICIALS DON'T GIVE A ABOUT TRAFFIC. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY AND DON"T WANT TO IMPROVE THE ROADS. IT'S BAD FOR BUSINESS

Really? Then why are they expanding 45S? I guess those dumb are just wasting their money.

Doesn't take a civil engineer to realize that freeway expansion is a logistical and financial nightmare.

Apparently nothing gets you off your bike, except maybe if you crash it...like that time the cops tried to pull you over for splitting the HOV(how ironic) and you decided to run from them until you fell off. Do you remember that time?
Boy the system really worked for you bro! You go from high speed police chases to preaching to me about not paying the county money for NOTHING. NO REASON.
They sure did convert you into a saint! Tell me more of this upstanding citizen lifestyle you lead...
Nice try. I'll just wait here while you keep making an out of yourself.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #55
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Nice try. I'll just wait here while you keep making an out of yourself.

Nah, I think we should talk more about how you conduct yourself as an adult when commuting and accept that your commute may be extended based on where you live, while illegally splitting the HOV lane, subsequently running from the cops...

Last edited by Flip Flop; 01-14-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #56
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
common you know your bringing your RealDoll along with you to work for nooners
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #57
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
If the city had their together and had kept up with expanding the roads, I wouldn't have to do like this.
That sounds like the Katrina "victims", who said if the gubmint don't take care of them, they might have to resort to a life of crime.

No really... I completely understand.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #58
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Nah, I think we should talk more about how you conduct yourself as an adult when commuting and accept that your commute may be extended based on where you live, while illegally splitting the HOV lane, subsequently running from the cops...
No running from the cops here. Never have, never will. A completely unmarked vehicle with a siren doesn't mean . No different from the woo woo volunteer firefighters that put lights on their personal vehicles. Please, keep trying to change the subject in an attempt to divert attention from your tomfoolery.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #59
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

You never have to stop for an unmarked vehicle, even if the lights are going...

Ask me how I know, or rather now I know! haha.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #60
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
No running from the cops here. Never have, never will. A completely unmarked vehicle with a siren doesn't mean . No different from the woo woo volunteer firefighters that put lights on their personal vehicles. Please, keep trying to change the subject in an attempt to divert attention from your tomfoolery.
Wasn't it your relationship with the fire dept. the only thing that kept them from throwing the book at your ?
The irony in your postings is unprecedented

Really, I don't give a if you think it's tomfoolery and I have no reason to change the subject, because I just don't care. In fact I find it amusing that you people get upset over the fact that I'm not paying their ridiculous tolls... but we are just going in circles here beating a dead horse.

Let's face it; metro, HCTRA, the county officials, ect... are a bunch of crooks. If you don't believe that than they brainwashed the out of you and you are too far gone for me to snap your dumb /s out of it.
So go ahead, keep sitting in traffic or pay ungodly amounts of money to use a road that should be free...but don't hate on me because I found a way around it and you're still sitting there like a schmuck.

Let's face it: I'm right. I was right last year on my free tolls thread and now this is just further proving my point. Metro doesn't give a about your commute time. They just want you to shut the up and keep giving them all the change in your pocket.
Not only do they refuse to build any new free roads, they turned EXISTING roads into toll roads...and you know how I feel about toll roads...
I'm going to refer you to this thread, we were have beaten this subject to a pulp already: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ght=free+tolls

Advertisement