MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Big changes at MSRH

Check it out, only bad thing I see is the words GUARD RAIL. Merry Christmas.
Discuss.....

Dear Members:

Romerica Entertainment is a group of Italian and Mexican investors dedicated to offering activities for social development and entertainment in the U.S. We are happy to let you know that the sale of the track was completed on November 20th. Romerica Entertainment is excited to make MSR International the best private race resort in the Houston area.

We want to share with you our mission and vision for MSR International: 1.Provide an exciting, challenging, and safe track for the interested and ambitious drivers, because safety is our first priority.
2.Host various national and international events including a potential IndyCar race event in 2016.
3.Real estate development of lots, privately owned garages, and residences with safe storage and maintenance of cars.
4.Provide amenities such as restaurant service, a spa, a gym, and a swimming pool.
5.Supply multifunctional car dealer shops with show rooms that offer an experience drive on the circuit to potential customers.
6.Provide Team Garages adjacent to the private residences and close to the tracks.
7.Promote and develop motor sports activities in the United States with incentive events.
8.Develop facilities to improve our racing school.
9.Advance training with expert coaching of drivers to drive safely and to improve driver skills.
In order to fulfill these goals we have secured the services of Tilke GmbH & Co who will work closely with our extraordinary staff. Romerica Entertainment met personally with Tilke GmbH & Co in Germany to discuss MSR's future with our member's needs in mind.

Some of the changes happening soon will be: •Building a Road Safety Training Center (RSTC)
•A clubhouse with spa, restaurant, gym, and pool for all the family to enjoy
•Existing Kart Track will be redeveloped for international events, such as CIK homologation
•New warehouses for car manufacture, testing, and storage
•A four star hotel
•An Off Road Area
•Standards of FIA grade 2 and FIM grade B for our main track
With all of these changes we will improve the racetrack design in terms of driving dynamics and safety.
remodel or adapt our buildings, tribunes and other facilities.

We will also check all safety features of the track and correct what is necessary. such as evenness of the
run-of areas related to the track alignment, guardrails, tire barriers and conveyor belt, kerb stones and
adjacent drainage, verges, manholes and cover plates, U-drains, guardrail openings, guardrail gates,
and pit lane, entry and exit.

In terms of asphalt, we will determine and fix problem zones in regards to poor compaction, continuous
wet areas, poor evenness, inhomogeneous asphalt surface, danger of destruction of the surface by
sheer tension of high performance tires.

We will also study and determine the speed calculations for various racing-car-categories; speed will be determined for every part of the track.

We are sure that after we finish our short-term activities we will have a Race Resort that will aIlow all of us to enjoy the best possible experience with the utmost effort in safety.

We will not make any changes to our Staff. They are talented, determined, respectful, trustworthy, and,
above all, they love our sport.

Thank you for being a member and the support you have given to MSR International. We hope to
continue earning your support while we implement these changes.

Additional information will be sent to all members in January, but if you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact James or Antonio.

Happy Holidays and our best wishes for 2015.

Sincerely,

Fabio M. Covarrubias
Chairman, Romerica Entertainment
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRH Race Prep Course - Dec 11, 2010 @ MSRH Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 12-07-2010 12:24 PM
Tires this past weekend- big props to Big John at SCRC! tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 1 05-14-2009 12:09 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Unless I missed something, they are only saying they are goin to check the safety features including guardrails.
Maybe when they see how open the area surrounding the track is, they won't see a need for guardrails...
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #3
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

cool, we'll see what happens then
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
DLite
David

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'06 Triumph D675
'03 R6 (Track)
'07 HD Street Bob

Read "track days getting more expensive".
DLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLite View Post
Yeah :(
Old 12-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLite View Post
yeah, TWS (Texas World Speedway) is closing down. so less competition, all the track prices are going up everywhere which makes your track days more expensive
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #7
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

I really read it as foreign investors who don't know the industry or the local economy engage with pipe dream which goes belly up with two years. Seen it happen before and I'm hoping it goes well but the whole trackside living, spa and event center and hotels is going to really increase the cost of membership and events without attacting any real racing to the road course there. If members bail becasue of cost and the trackdays go up to much there isn't alot of racing events that would sustain the track to the place where it is let alone an expansion. But like I said on this one I hope I am very wrong!
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #8
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
I really read it as foreign investors who don't know the industry or the local economy engage with pipe dream which goes belly up with two years. Seen it happen before and I'm hoping it goes well but the whole trackside living, spa and event center and hotels is going to really increase the cost of membership and events without attacting any real racing to the road course there. If members bail becasue of cost and the trackdays go up to much there isn't alot of racing events that would sustain the track to the place where it is let alone an expansion. But like I said on this one I hope I am very wrong!
I could see this happening... unfortunately...
Deadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #9
stache
noob

Experience: 3 years

Member Garage

if it's successful, which I am not confident it will be, track days will be comparable to COTA. Upwards of $400-$500 a day. Boo.
stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #10
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post

Nailed my thoughts exactly
Old 12-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #11
Tiller

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

What run off areas do they refer to, at least not paved areas because there are none.
Tiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #12
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

The new investors have been talking with the CMRA to try and help facilitate making it a little safer for motorcyclist. Also made it sound like the new investors really just wanted a place to drive their fancy cars really fast whenever they want.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #13
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)

This will be interesting to watch develop. I have heard track days in other regions are significantly higher than ours.
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #14
bun1t

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
Gen 4 ZX10R
Honda Grom

I'm not sure why repaving it wasn't the first thing on the list.
bun1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #15
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
The new investors have been talking with the CMRA to try and help facilitate making it a little safer for motorcyclist. Also made it sound like the new investors really just wanted a place to drive their fancy cars really fast whenever they want.
Imagine that, actually reserving the track for paid members instead of weekend after weekend of public events. There is a reason people pay exorbitant initiation fees and monthly fees. It should be a private venue that is open much less often to the public. Rather, cater it towards pro events that bring the revenue without the loss of member days.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Imagine that, actually reserving the track for paid members instead of weekend after weekend of public events. There is a reason people pay exorbitant initiation fees and monthly fees. It should be a private venue that is open much less often to the public. Rather, cater it towards pro events that bring the revenue without the loss of member days.
The impression I had about MSRH was that they weren't making enough money relying on memberships alone. They HAD to start allowing public events to keep the doors open.
At least that's the way I heard it. Don't know what really was happening but it would seem if the track was doing well, financially, they would have never allowed track days.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #17
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I get the frustration of members not being able to use the track exclusively as much as they'd like, but by the same token the public events are a steady stream of revenue and source of recruiting new members. I'm sure it will work because there's droves of high level racing series beating down the door to race there, but stupid track days are blocking up the calendar. Imagine that, instead of charging the host a franchise fee, the trackday guys actually pay to play. But its OK, I know most luxury sports and race car owners around the globe have been waiting with baited breath to vacation in exotic Angleton Texas.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #18
Mace
Wisdom

Bike(s):
Honda ST1300 Iron # 44260
honda silverwing. drag scooter
Honda DNO1 700, wife's bike
07 SV650 Track
12 R6 (Son's track bike

Anybody know if Cresson MSR is involved in this deal?
Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #19
racer43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
Anybody know if Cresson MSR is involved in this deal?
The two facilities are in no way, shape, form, or fashion connected.
Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association (CMRA)
(254) 644-9393
racer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #20
racer43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Interesting, because I haven't spoken to anyone from the new owners group.
Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association (CMRA)
(254) 644-9393
racer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement