MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Driver who killed two after letting ducks cross road gets prison

Harsh punishment, why cant they do the same to first time offenders that kill someone when they are drunk driving.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...son/26051.html
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4/11/10 Odd ducks and noobs ... racer's road Johnny77423 Events, Meets and Rides 58 04-18-2010 06:04 PM
Why did the chicken cross the road? bumblebee The Circus 6 06-09-2008 07:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

90 days does not fit my terminology of "gets prison" and does the 90 days on the weekends.

I wish drunks got this or much much worse.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
90 days does not fit my terminology of "gets prison" and does the 90 days on the weekends.

I wish drunks got this or much much worse.
yea i didnt title the article, I just copied pasted.

And yes they should get much worst than that.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

So because it was ducks, she gets jail? Surely something is missing here from the story. Seems like the motorcycle couldn't stop. the ducks could have caused the motorcycle to crash just as easily. What if it were a dog, or spare tire? Does nothing justify stopping now? What about a dead motorcyclist laying on the freeway? I mean they are already dead and we wouldn't want someone else to die from stopping the car. There has to be way more to the story here. I've seen way worse things. My girlfriend hit an 18 wheeler that was backing up on the freeway because he passed his exit and she was ticketed for failure to control speed even though the semi admittingly was backing up on a freeway.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
So because it was ducks, she gets jail? Surely something is missing here from the story. Seems like the motorcycle couldn't stop. the ducks could have caused the motorcycle to crash just as easily. What if it were a dog, or spare tire? Does nothing justify stopping now? What about a dead motorcyclist laying on the freeway? I mean they are already dead and we wouldn't want someone else to die from stopping the car. There has to be way more to the story here. I've seen way worse things. My girlfriend hit an 18 wheeler that was backing up on the freeway because he passed his exit and she was ticketed for failure to control speed even though the semi admittingly was backing up on a freeway.

This happened in Canada. Nuff said
Old 12-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I hit a woman who veered across 3 lanes in front of me while going the wrong way on an access road and I was cited for "failure to control speed". So I totally believe your story. She just so happened to be a lawyer... Go figure! Biggest ever. She clearly caused the accident by driving the wrong way and swerving across several lanes while going THE WRONG WAY, but even still, I wasn't upset with her. I got out of my car to ask if she was ok and all she said was "you have insurance, right?"
Old 12-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #7
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
This happened in Canada. Nuff said
They hate ducks up there.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #8
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
They hate ducks up there.
Not true, a Canadian is reviving Howard the Duck
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
Not true, a Canadian is reviving Howard the Duck
Sorry, I forgot to include the sarcasm font tags. I was trying to be funny.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Dude nothing against this guy in particular (although im glad he got what he did because my next lil rant is about like this) but people like this me off we're on a highway and your going to smash into the car next to you/multi-car-accident to avoid a plastic bag blowing around.

It seems like

-plastic bags blowing in the wind
-dead carcass in middle of the lane
-big stuffed animal in the middle of the night that looked like a dead deer.

Cause some drivers to just throw all their caution to the wind.

For sakes, the safe thing to do would be to slow down until its VERY safe to change lanes, even if that means driving over the thing at 40MPH Because you werent looking far enough or following too closely to see that there is an object in your lane.

This happens to me on the bike, in the car, riding with others, it really dont matter you put a dead animal or a plastic bag in front of a driver on the highway the brain jumps right out of the drivers head.

Advertisement