MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #21
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan View Post
Oh hush lol. It will be done. I've got everything set up at my house now.
You should swing by sometime since you are close now.
Sounds good. Going to try and get an old Harley running for my father in law so I can sell it for him but not before I rag that out. If I get frustrated may want to bring it by. I think it just needs a good carb cleaning. If that doesn't work I may want to drop it off if you are up to it.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride to College Station... rquirch Cruisers Lounge 5 04-30-2010 04:22 PM
RideSmart Track Day - 9.07.2009 @TWS (Texas World Speedway) - College Station, TX Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 53 09-06-2009 07:34 PM
Ridesmart Track Day - TWS (Texas World Speedway)-College Station - 6/20 - Follow Up!! cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 77 06-29-2009 07:01 AM
Ride up to College Station? pers785 Events, Meets and Rides 13 08-01-2005 09:25 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #22
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
We're ridin Sterling ranch in Willis today
I've been there a few times recently. Usually will just take my 4 year old daughter to putt around on an ATV and fish. Rode the trails last time and they were fun. Need some hand guards before I go back. Tight trails and left with knuckles. I can get by without them at the SHNF but not so much at that place.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #23
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Quote:
are you back to working on bikes again?? If so, I have some money for you, I mean work for you.
Yessir I sure am. Got a lift at my house now. Have a sun room that is a workshop now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Sounds good. Going to try and get an old Harley running for my father in law so I can sell it for him but not before I rag that out. If I get frustrated may want to bring it by. I think it just needs a good carb cleaning. If that doesn't work I may want to drop it off if you are up to it.
Quote:
I've been there a few times recently. Usually will just take my 4 year old daughter to putt around on an ATV and fish. Rode the trails last time and they were fun. Need some hand guards before I go back. Tight trails and left with knuckles. I can get by without them at the SHNF but not so much at that place.
Just let me know on the Harley.
You better get some hand guards before Brazos Valley!
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #24
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Awesome, I'll keep you in mind when I need some work done.. And will spread the word out again if you want me to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan View Post
Yessir I sure am. Got a lift at my house now. Have a sun room that is a workshop now.

Just let me know on the Harley.
You better get some hand guards before Brazos Valley!
If you need some hand guards I have a spare set that you can borrow for the day as long as you don't have twin wall bars
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #25
Coolhandsluke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

This happening rain or shine?

Have +2 with me now

Forecast I'm looking at says light wintry mix for Saturday and showers Sunday, high of 46.

I can bring a whole mess of propane heaters to warm back up with.

mr heater double heater  72188

Last edited by Coolhandsluke; 01-06-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Coolhandsluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #26
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke View Post
This happening rain or shine?

Have +2 with me now

Forecast I'm looking at says light wintry mix for Saturday and showers Sunday, high of 46.

I can bring a whole mess of propane heaters to warm back up with.

mr heater double heater  72188
We are extremely hopeful that the weather will cooperate with us and this days event, we too are looking forward to riding the property ourselves.

There is a camp house that we can use but, not abuse or we will lose everything, and it only takes that one person to blow it, but otherwise, the temps shouldn't be an issue as you will normally warm up and forget about the cold as soon as you hit the woods.

As long as no rain falls, we think the property will be at around 75-80% rideable.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #27
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
We are extremely hopeful that the weather will cooperate with us and this days event, we too are looking forward to riding the property ourselves.

There is a camp house that we can use but, not abuse or we will lose everything, and it only takes that one person to blow it, but otherwise, the temps shouldn't be an issue as you will normally warm up and forget about the cold as soon as you hit the woods.

As long as no rain falls, we think the property will be at around 75-80% rideable.
Looks cold and wet now. Not so much worried about the cold as I am the rain. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Can this place take much rain for a couple days prior and still be ridable like the sandy trails at the SHNF?
Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #28
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Looks cold and wet now. Not so much worried about the cold as I am the rain. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Can this place take much rain for a couple days prior and still be ridable like the sandy trails at the SHNF?
I highly doubt we'll get to ride it this weekend with the impending weather coming, the forecast has snow, rain and very low temps.

While there is sand there, the ground is apparently quite hard as the water would rather sit on top or just under the surface, making it extremely muddy, messy and will definitely tear up the property in a hurry. It honestly doesn't look like any property will be rideable this coming weekend, cold, and wet just doesn't mix well and you're asking to get sick riding in that mess.

We will update late this week for sure as to whether or not we will be riding there this weekend.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #29
Buelligan

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2012 Triumph Street Triple
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

FYI guys, if you can't ride Brazos Valley, come help us clean trails in the SHNF. West side trailhead (off Stubblefield Rd on FS 208) at 8:30am Saturday morning. We'll buy the lunch. We have people from TRH, ODODB, TWT, and even some Motohouston guys coming out, along with Jason, the SHNF person that has control over when the trails should be open and closed, and he's been a lot better about leaving them open for us since we started the campaign about cleaning the trails. We could sure use your help. Larry
Buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #30
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
FYI guys, if you can't ride Brazos Valley, come help us clean trails in the SHNF. West side trailhead (off Stubblefield Rd on FS 208) at 8:30am Saturday morning. We'll buy the lunch. We have people from TRH, ODODB, TWT, and even some Motohouston guys coming out, along with Jason, the SHNF person that has control over when the trails should be open and closed, and he's been a lot better about leaving them open for us since we started the campaign about cleaning the trails. We could sure use your help. Larry
If I can get away Saturday morning I will be there to help out.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #31
Morgan

Bike(s):
05 CRF250x (plated)
06 CRF250x
99 and 01 XR100
12 CRF50
81 CT110

Any plans to coordinate another ride at Brazos Valley?
Morgan is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement