Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Michael Laverty returns to BSB with Tyco BMW

After two years in MotoGP the Northern Irish rider is back to fight for the BSB title

Michael Laverty returns to BSB with Tyco BMW

NORTHERN Ireland's Michael Laverty is set to return to the British Superbike Championship in 2015 with the new Tyco BMW partnership.

Laverty, a former BSB title-contender, has history with TAS Racing after being crowned the British Supersport Champion in 2007 before stepping up to British Superbikes in 2008 in which he qualified for the Showdown in three consecutive seasons.

The 33-year-old then went on to compete in MotoGP for Paul Bird Motorsport for two seasons, but is now returning to fight for the British Superbike title once again.

Laverty said: "I am really excited about being back in the championship with TAS next year. I have spent a few years in the World Championship but I am looking forward to coming back. I think the experience has made me a better rider but I have definitely missed being in a position to fight for wins and podiums.

"The TAS team have a great package with the BMW and we are going to be working hard together so that we can come out of the blocks fast from the start of the season.

"Everyone knows it is a tough championship with the depth of field, but we will be in the best possible position as everyone has seen what the BMW is capable of with Kiyo this year," explained Laverty.

"I can't wait to start testing - we know the BMW is a match for any bike on the grid and I am really looking forward to showing what we can do with it."

Laverty is to become team-mates with Wiltshire rider Tommy Bridewell in 2015 with Tyco BMW both of whom have previously been Showdown contenders.

Related Content

TAS Racing splits from Suzuki
Bridewell and Rutter to Bathams Honda
William Dunlop joins Guy Martin at Tyco Suzuki
Tyco Honda and Bridewell part company
BSB 2014: Cadwell Park race one results

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote