Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

GBmoto sign Gary Johnson for TT 2015

GBmoto Racing take to the roads with Isle of Man TT winner Gary Johnson

GBmoto sign Gary Johnson for TT 2015

ISLE OF MAN TT winner Gary Johnson has signed to race with Kawasaki backed GBmoto Racing who will be stepping into the road racing paddock in 2015.

Primarily known for their British Superbike Championship campaign, GBmoto are now venturing into the road racing scene having built Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R's for the Superbike and Superstock classes for the Isle of Man TT as well as the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix.

Speaking from the new World Superbike circuit of Chang in Thailand, Johnson said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to be working with such a great team and so closely with a major manufacturer, I’m really happy.

"I rode for GBmoto in 2011, they were one of the most professional teams I’ve ever worked with and they’ve obviously stepped up again since then. To see what they did this year in BSB by changing manufacturers and immediately getting podiums was incredible.

"Their infrastructure, bikes and kit is all mega and although this is their first time at the TT I know they will put all the right pieces in the right places, to be successful."

Johnson made his road racing debut in 2007 and finished on the podim for the first time two years later in the Senior TT and went on to win his first TT in the Supersport class in 2011 and again in 2014.

However, Johnson crashed out of the RL360 Superstock race that year where he broke a collarbone, shoulder and vertebrae, but only five months later he was back on a motorbike and finished fourth place in the Macau Grand Prix.

The double TT winner continued: “Hopefully I can bring my own experience to the team from both the events side and with a good reference point from riding a Kawasaki.

"I have to thank the guys who have worked so hard to help me in the last few years, it’s because of them that I’ve been put in the shop window for this opportunity.

"With the support of GBmoto and Kawasaki and their testing schedule I’m the most confident I’ve ever been going into the TT Races and the other events, so bring it on!”

Johnson will ride the GBmoto Kawasaki ZX10R's at Cartagena on 5th March with James Ellison and James Westmoreland who make up GBmoto's British Superbike team.

Related Content

William Dunlop joins Guy Martin at Tyco Suzuki
Road Racing: Dunlop to ride factory Kawasakis
The Hard Road: The Real Road Racers
IOMTT: Supersport race 1 results
IOMTT: Superstock race 1 results

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote