MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2005, 12:01 AM   #21

Member Garage

Re: New to Houston, but not new to riding

Thanks for the clarification, welcome.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daylight Riding Houston Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 07-18-2015 06:32 PM
NW Houston out riding luckyxdevil1 Events, Meets and Rides 10 04-22-2012 06:05 PM
Winter riding in houston??? venmichaels General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 10-16-2011 06:49 PM
Houston summer riding alien_sporez General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 03-20-2010 10:27 AM
Riding groups in houston Punisher1340 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 10-14-2008 01:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #22
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku

Welcome.. i used to hit the twisties all the time, but heat is just to much to bear
Old 06-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #23
paniro187

twisty roads?? chekc out this vid.

here's one http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=D...8-05_The_Wreck

go to the track. if you make a mistake it's not nearly as costly. Just my 2 pesos......

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #24
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer

Ok, honestly guys. Enough with the "don't sport ride you're going to die" comeents. They're completly unecessary, and after the 4th one, not very well recieved.

As to that video..........he crashed. Are you trying to tell me that at the track there's no end to the tarmac, and he wouldn't have gone down? Or that the bike would have magically not been up? Maybe the bike wouldn't have been beat up as bad, but since you can't see the extent of the damage, who knows. Sure that could have been a right hander and he could have slid into oncoming traffic, but I'm dumb enough to take the risk. Now if I could only covince someone to stop telling me that I'm going to kill myself (which sadly sounds very similar to the flak I took just deciding to buy a sportbike oh so long ago) and start telling me where the rides are around here.....
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:36 PM   #25
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0
start telling me where the rides are around here.....
just stay tuned..
Old 06-18-2005, 09:48 PM   #26
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer

alright
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 06-19-2005, 01:54 AM   #27
paniro187

Quote:
Ok, honestly guys.* Enough with the "don't sport ride you're going to die" comeents.* They're completly unecessary, and after the 4th one, not very well recieved.*

As to that video..........he crashed.* Are you trying to tell me that at the track* there's no end to the tarmac, and he wouldn't have gone down?* Or that the bike would have magically not been up?* Maybe the bike wouldn't have been beat up as bad, but since you can't see the extent of the damage, who knows.* Sure that could have been a right hander and he could have slid into oncoming traffic, but I'm dumb enough to take the risk.* Now if I could only covince someone to stop telling me that I'm going to kill myself (which sadly sounds very similar to the flak I took just deciding to buy a sportbike oh so long ago) and start telling me where the rides are around here.....
no i'm saying at the track you won't be going over the double yellow line like him and possibly in to oncoming cars or other bikers. and the same corner he his bike in at the track there's no mountain waiting for him and his bike to hit when he comes off. there's this thing called run off. run off is made for when you up and crash or jsu trun off the track there's nothing there to hit unlike "sport riding" and hitting trees deers mountains and gawd knows what else when you run off the road.

just my 2 is all.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #28
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
you think youl'll be able to hang with posers? try racer road and crabb the grauate to the 610 in 15 minutes.

we use to ride alot but since summer I (the pro rider captain) havent had time to get he crew motivated to ride. our posing time also has been cut down drasticaly.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:59 PM   #29
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
Quote:
you think youl'll be able to hang with posers? try racer road and crabb the grauate to the 610 in 15 minutes.

we use to ride alot but since summer I (the pro rider captain) havent had time to get he crew motivated to ride. our posing time also has been cut down drasticaly.
You're lazy and i don't think your care about promoting the biker image we like to ruin by just looking too good standing next to our bikes.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:04 PM   #30
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

There wasn't enough properly spelled words in that post. Consequentially I have very little clue what you were trying to say to me. It sounded like maybe you were talking , but I'm not sure. Want to run that through spellcheck, and try again?

CMRA #302
Old 06-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #31
paniro187

Quote:
There wasn't enough properly spelled words in that post.* Consequentially I have very little clue what you were trying to say to me.* It sounded like maybe you were talking , but I'm not sure.* Want to run that through spellcheck, and try again?
sorry this not being work related i don't run spell check. I definately wasn't talking . if that's what you got out of it (or maybe got out of it) it was because you wanted to get that out of it. Like it said at the end of my post that was my 2 cents. to me street riding is chilling out cruising and chatting up your mates at the local stop. IMO it's not about trying to go fast and push your bike and yourself.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:57 PM   #32
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
There wasn't enough properly spelled words in that post.* Consequentially I have very little clue what you were trying to say to me.* It sounded like maybe you were talking , but I'm not sure.* Want to run that through spellcheck, and try again?
yaeh, you're welcme to come on are rides with some attititude like that.

its the internet so if you tkae yourself seriusly online than your lame. e-gansta rite hurr talking . welcmoe back to houston :biggthumpup:
Old 06-19-2005, 06:48 PM   #33
Yokee
Shorty :(

Bike(s):
13' CBR250
05' ZX6R 636 (sold)
Aprilia RS80 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Yokee Send a message via MSN to Yokee

by teh wya teher is a sutdy frmo an uvineristy prvoign thta no mahter hwo teh lettres aer arrangde, yuor brian wlli udnerstnda teh mssessega.

Ykoee

Old 06-19-2005, 07:39 PM   #34

Member Garage

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Old 06-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #35
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

St3ph3n, Nice avatar :biggthumpup:
Old 06-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #36

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r
St3ph3n, Nice avatar* :biggthumpup:
Thanks, I like hineys. :laughing4:
Old 06-19-2005, 10:26 PM   #37
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokee
by teh wya teher is a sutdy frmo an uvineristy prvoign thta no mahter hwo teh lettres aer arrangde, yuor brian wlli udnerstnda teh mssessega.

Ykoee
Yep tis true. I think the mind only cares about the first and the last letter of the word and in between it can be all jumbled up. I cant recall who researched that.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:02 AM   #38
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
sorry this not being work related i don't run spell check. I definately wasn't talking . if that's what you got out of it (or maybe got out of it) it was because you wanted to get that out of it. Like it said at the end of my post that was my 2 cents. to me street riding is chilling out cruising and chatting up your mates at the local stop. IMO it's not about trying to go fast and push your bike and yourself.
I'm serious! I had no idea what he was trying to say, but it sounded like he was talking . A very valid assumption since 90% of the replies to this thread have been such.

CMRA #302
Old 06-20-2005, 08:40 AM   #39

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm serious!* I had no idea what he was trying to say, but it sounded like he was talking .* A very valid assumption since 90% of the replies to this thread have been such.
You seem to be a little sensitive.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:59 AM   #40
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
sorry this not being work related i don't run spell check.* I definately wasn't talking . if that's what you got out of it (or maybe got out of it) it was because you wanted to get that out of it.* Like it said at the end of my post that was my 2 cents.* to me street riding is chilling out cruising and chatting up your mates at the local stop.* IMO it's not about trying to go fast and push your bike and yourself.*
I'm serious!* I had no idea what he was trying to say, but it sounded like he was talking .* A very valid assumption since 90% of the replies to this thread have been such.
DUDE, you cant get upset at things said on here unless you're in a heated convo like Shaik and Stephen were,, its just a bunch of talking here, no big deal..
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement