MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #1
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Cops Rant

I always treat them with a no sir/ yes sir. Gets you a little respect back when you give respect--even when your *caught*

I read this on Craigslist and thought it was worth posting:

Open Letter From a Cop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2007-04-21, 3:51PM CDT

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Allow me to introduced myself. I am a police officer. More importantly to this post, I am a police officer who is sick and damned tired of dealing with certain things on a day to day basis:

1) Contrary to what you might think, I am not an idiot. That ring on my finger is a BA from Texas Tech. My GPA was a 3.71 and I was in fact the president of my frat (which means I got a lot of stories that start out "So, this one time, we were ****ed up, and...). So, when I make the mistake of mispronouncing your name (the last name with 17 ****ing letters, only two of which are vowels), dont give me that look like I just kicked your puppy.

While I may not be an idiot, I am human and I do **** things up from time to time. When I apologize for pulling you over because I thought your tags were out, just take the sorry and be on about your way. DO NOT get a high and mighty attitude. Our state has over 5000 traffic laws, I can find one to help you get over your tude.

2) No, I do not have "real criminals" I should be out looking for. Did you happen to notice the ****ing Harley parked behind you with LED's blinking? Lemme give you a hint - if you see a motorcycle officer, our entire job relates to drivers. drivers are the ones who make your daily commute dangerous (Or, a complete standstill, once they wreck out). With that in mind, shut up about the other "important" things I "should be doing." Believe it or not, I tried to get this job. Dont act like you wouldnt like to get paid to ride a Harley for 8 hours a day. But, the main benefit of this job, is I dont have "Real criminals" to **** with. No calls, dealing with domestics, and so on. My worst days are telling someone they lost a loved one in a wreck I just worked. Which, brings me to my next point:

3) If I was a from the beginning of the stop, I apologize. I mean that with all sincerity. I am human. If I've dealt with 10 before I stopped you or maybe delivered a death notification, I may have done the wrong thing and assumed you were gonna be one too. Believe it or not, after my shift on the way home, I'll probably reflect on my day and feel a bit if our interaction stands out because I was a jerk. Yours wouldnt be the first citation I've "lost" because I thought I was being an overbearing at the time I wrote it. We all have our bad days.

4) No good deed goes unpunished. I know that. But, if I give you a warning - DO NOT assume I pulled you over for a bullshit reason and then lost my nerve. Just because I didnt write you for 7 over the limit, doesnt mean I was profiling and you should set up a meeting with my Chief and your NAACP rep. You complaining that "He stopped me for nothin, oterwise he'd have given me a ticket," is bullshit and, frankly, is the reason most of us have stopped giving warnings.

Profiling is BULLSHIT, by the way. You're hauling past me at 70+ mph. I have to see your speed, if you have a front license plate, registration sticker, inspection sticker and if you're wearing a seatbelt in the split second you pass me. I couldnt give two if your black white or green.

5) No, you may not see my RADAR gun. For a few reasons. First, I dont have to show it to you. You bestfriend's roommate's boyfriend who talked to a cop once is ****ing wrong. I dont have to show it to you, I dont care what you heard. Second, I dont want to show it to you, because I dont want you out of your car. Why? You may not know that you're not gonna attack me, but I dont know that. If you're seated, you're less of a threat and I like feeling as comfy as I can. Also, I dont have a RADAR anymore. I have LIDAR. If you're gonna act like a lawyer on the side of the road, get your squared away first and know what you're talking about. Finally, you cant see the LIDAR for your own safety. You feel that way your car rocks every time an 18 wheeler flys by? I'd rather not get sued becuase your stupid fell into traffic and got killed on my stop.

While I'm on my good pal LIDAR, it has some neat features. It's a laser beamed device, so - no, I couldnt have gotten the guy next to you. It's got a scope on it, and the scope's dot was aimed directly at your car's grill. Also, it tells me the distance in feet that i clocked you at. So, dont tell me, I couldnt have gotten you from that far, because I can. Its accurate to 2500 feet (half a mile or so), and I can clock you, get two swigs of coffee and eat three donut holes by the time you get close enough to see my motorcycle on the shoulder.

6) Arguements take place in court, not on the side of the road. No exceptions. And, yes, I will show up to court. Even on my day off. I get paid (by you, thanks for reminding me) OT to show up to court, and I'm trying to con my wife into letting me buy a new boat, so I need that money. Now, once we get to court, follow a few easy rules:

Dont lie. My bike has a video camera on it, and that box on my belt is a mic. The camera is hooked into my fixed 4 way RADAR, so it shows your speed (if I didnt clock you with a LIDAR unit, that is). Oh, and judges dont like all those cuss words you used out at the scene...

Dont yell at me outside the court room. This is not a personal matter to me, even if it is for you. After this, Im going home and watching my Texas Rangers **** up another promising season. You will be the furthest thing from my mind.

Guys and gals, we are the same as you. We've got a home life that might suck, bills to pay, college loans, the damned team that never wins (Tech losing in the first ****in round! you Bobby Knight), and so on. We have feelings, personalities, and dreams just like you. When Im at your window, look at my face. You met a hundred guys like me in college, and loved em. I was that guy a few years ago, and not much has changed. Im still a nice guy, treat me like one and you might just get a warning.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 316206178
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
my rant MudBug Off Topic 33 03-20-2009 05:08 PM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
Fair warning: RANT, long rant tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 09-03-2008 07:49 AM
A little rant SexualChocolate Off Topic 39 05-01-2007 05:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
100f
Reagan and Peyton's Dad

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
94' 1000F
92' VFR 750

boy!!! someone REALLY him off to rant THAT long!!
100f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
meh I use the yes sir no sir and i still get a ticket. :dontknow:

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
me to
hardcoresteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
BigRick82
Get It Up!

Bike(s):
06 Hayabusa

Guess his wife isn't putting out
BigRick82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Everyone deserves respect, untill they fuc that up one way or another. I have learned over the years ( more than I care to discuss ) when dealing with cops much respect is deserved and generally appreciated... I was once a smart mouth punk kid as well, and learned over time that was just stupid, so guys give them the respect they deserve, at least untill they fuc it up, and sometimes they do, or maybe dont. I highy suggest getting Pre paid legal its very cheap, and worth its weight in gold, especially for motorcyclists, GUYS YOU HAVE TO GET THIS!!!!!
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC
Everyone deserves respect, untill they fuc that up one way or another. I have learned over the years ( more than I care to discuss ) when dealing with cops much respect is deserved and generally appreciated... I was once a smart mouth punk kid as well, and learned over time that was just stupid, so guys give them the respect they deserve, at least untill they fuc it up, and sometimes they do, or maybe dont. I highy suggest getting Pre paid legal its very cheap, and worth its weight in gold, especially for motorcyclists, GUYS YOU HAVE TO GET THIS!!!!!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

hmmm.. as i am taking care of my no seat belt ticket(which is why i was pulled over and the only ticket i got) i'd like to reflect on a couple things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop
2) No, I do not have "real criminals" I should be out looking for. Did you happen to notice the ****ing Harley parked behind you with LED's blinking? Lemme give you a hint - if you see a motorcycle officer, our entire job relates to drivers. drivers are the ones who make your daily commute dangerous (Or, a complete standstill, once they wreck out). With that in mind, shut up about the other "important" things I "should be doing." Believe it or not, I tried to get this job. Dont act like you wouldnt like to get paid to ride a Harley for 8 hours a day. But, the main benefit of this job, is I dont have "Real criminals" to **** with. No calls, dealing with domestics, and so on. My worst days are telling someone they lost a loved one in a wreck I just worked.
^^ wtf does my seat belt have to do with how I drive? If anything, it takes away my ability to turn and look at my blind spot. Thank you Munch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop
I can clock you, get two swigs of coffee and eat three donut holes by the time you get close enough to see my motorcycle on the shoulder.
^:laughing6
Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #9
level5
moving chicane

Hardcoresteve, that is a tough choice to pick in your sig. I would go for the girl.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #10
Evil Monkey
Alissa Kay

Bike(s):
I don't own one anymore.

Send a message via AIM to Evil Monkey
I'm thinking that she just said no to his boat con... lol but seriously... I feel for the poor guy.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #11
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

Cops are people too

A good friend of mine is a cop and he is the most perverted and funniest guy i've ever met in my life. I never hear him complain, we always go out drinking, and he's a wealth of legal information. I will respect someone as long as they respect me. If i feel a cop is disrespecting me, that's when Ill cop an attitude.

On a side note, I've tried crying, being a , being extremely nice/flirty and being funny - and 95% of the times I've been pulled over, i've gotten a ticket.
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
Evil Monkey
Alissa Kay

Bike(s):
I don't own one anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber
Cops are people too
On a side note, I've tried crying, being a , being extremely nice/flirty and being funny - and 95% of the times I've been pulled over, i've gotten a ticket.
And they say hot girls can get away with anything... NOT TRUE... I've tried it all too! Then again I was going 90 in 45... but still!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #13
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

dont get offended, but maybeeee your not quite HOT enuf.:laughing6 If I was a cop I would let u off,

might require some kinda favor though
Old 05-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC
dont get offended, but maybeeee your not quite HOT enuf.:laughing6 If I was a cop I would let u off,

might require some kinda favor though

Old 05-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #15
mr_joe

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

I use the yes ser no ser but when they are holes i change to the badge number and the plate number of the car it freaks them out. and yes i too have a recording device on me so what everyou say will also used against you so you make the call or should i. ususaly gets me out of everything. but thats only and only when there jsut being an and i know that they stopped me for false cause.

O and hands down to the cops that stop me to run my plates. i think thats great because they recover others bikes like that. plus R6 is prime target for theives.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #16
Evil Monkey
Alissa Kay

Bike(s):
I don't own one anymore.

Weak ... lol no offense taken... i get mine... :icon_bigg
Old 05-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #17
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
Weak ... lol no offense taken... i get mine... :icon_bigg

thats kinda given with eveyone. :eh:

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #18
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

sorry, you guys just stepped right in that one. I think ur great after reading your posts and all, and i know ur new and just trying to break u in the right way, ...PLUS ur a ( well u know) thats a bonus in my book
Old 05-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #19
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Phhttt!

If I get pulled over for any reason then I am getting a ticket.. I dont fight it or whine like some people. just pull out the plastic and pay.. No biggie.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #20
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Sounds like he needs to find a new line of work.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement