MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
See CarbonJames make his PRO Class Debut!

Just throwing it out there that our very own CarbonJames will be venturing into the TORCS harescramble series Pro Class this Sunday 12/7 at noon. The series is racing out in Bastrop at Goertz Ranch this weekend. Flyer below. Feel free to come out and race, spectate or ride out and cheer him on. (If I recall correctly, this is the same course I blew out my knee and camping area is immediately adjacent to property entrance if you'd like to ride out). I plan on driving out Sunday morning to do just that.... Leaving from NW Houston around 8:30am or so if anyone wants to tag along. Best of luck this weekend James! See you Sunday hombre! Brawwwp!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goertz ranch flyer.png
Views:	55
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	82811  
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Get some!!! Good luck!
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Good luck James!
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Thanks fellas, I was just about to make my own post for the last round this weekend.

I just picked up a 2013 KTM 350SXF this week, been working all week on tweaking and added a few new parts to help make it more comfortable for me to ride, I'm sure as I set out tomorrow on the first ride I'll find some adjustments that I'll need to make. I will have the 250sx as a back up bike just in case but I'm quite anxious to try out the 350 4 stroke in the woods.

I wrapped up the 450A championship at the last round (My very first championship of any kind in a serious racing series) against some really fast, and strong competitors that have been riding and racing dirt bikes off road for many years beyond my experience. I must complete this Saturdays last race before moving classes or I will forfeit my current points/championship to 2nd place and that isn't going to happen, iI feel like I earned this "title" if you will and I want to see through till the end. This to me is a great accomplishment in life (especially at the age of 42) and I'm really excited about it to say the least.

I've worked hard, and put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears (all in the literal form) working with my trainer a few times throughout the year, and just general riding with friends, competitors, faster guys etc, pushing my limits, I've entered and competed in over 30 separate race events this year alone. Some races I've done well enough to podium, some wins, some seconds and some I just didn't do well at and a few that I had a DNF at.

It's been a long, hard, expensive road this year, a huge learning curve for me and I should practice what I preach when I tell others to move themselves up into the next highest, faster, more experienced level of competition, therefore, I will make my own move into the AA/Pro class of off road racing this Sunday.

I expect the first year in this new class to be a learning curve, I will stumble, fall, bleed and ask myself "why am I doing this to myself" but I will see it through, do my best, hope for the best and use it as a tool. These Pro guys are no joke, they seem to share nothing with competitors, you can't follow one in practice, he will pull over, stop and let you go by so that you don't see what's going on, while I know some of the secrets, I will keep them just that, a secret. There seems to be some unspoken rules, some hints, tips, and general smarts about racing that most don't know, I am learning, and I am fortunate enough to have a couple of local "ex" pro racers that are helping me out as time permits so I appreciate their time and effort in working with me.

A special thanks to Dbuck and Cliff Rock for pushing me into coming out to "ride" and race with them in an off road series 3 long, yet short years ago.

I recall when they started speaking to me about it, I always told Cliff I would come out and "ride" with him but, he said "we aren't riding, we're racing"! The rest of that is a basic history lesson. I wanted to be as fast as Dbuck, he was quick and hard to keep in sight after a few hundred yards but I kept at it, and worked my way up and past his skill level (at the time) I wish he had not suffered his injury, he and I may still be racing together today.

I would love to see some of you show up, see what it is that we actually do, and show support, not just for me but for all of the racers, kids to senior riders on the double decade, vintage bikes.

I will post an update on Monday or Tuesday as to how my debut goes.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-05-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Make sure you turn that gopro on! I'd love to see what it looks like.

Congrats
Old 12-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Make sure you turn that gopro on! I'd love to see what it looks like.

Congrats
LOL one of the first things I learned was, the Pro guys don't wear cameras while racing!

I'll have it with me though, if I remember, I'll strap it on somewhere.

Last edited by CarbonJames; 12-05-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
For those that missed it, ya'll missed out. Man, those TORC races sure to bring out the toy haulers...campers, trucks, and dirtbikes and racers everywhere.

While it wasn't James' most memorable race, he managed to finish the race not in last place. I did manage to see James wash the front end out at a pretty quick clip that cost him at least 3 or 4 positions about 2/3 of the way through the race (not sure of all the passers were in his class though). It wasn't his best start either, but all things considered (new bike, new class, new level of nervousness, etc.) he did a fine job! I know for certain he'll be a mid to top of the class contender in the series next year. Not gonna lie though, the top rider in that pro class has got some talent (515 # plates I think)....even putting on a couple of shows for the spectators hanging at the "ez/hard" sections of the course. I got some video, but trying to get it off the camera is proving to be above my IT competence. lol

Here's a couple of pics from the start in the meantime. Congrats again James! Looking forward to your 2015 progress!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EllisProDebut1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	82889   Click image for larger version

Name:	EllisProDebut2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	82890  
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Thanks so much Dbuck for showing up Sunday morning, it was good to see you out there and thanks cheering my slow, crossed up on. Unfortunately, that low side did cost me the race, I didn't realize the other two riders were so close to me, they passed me on the ground and I did get 10/10 place, either way, it was a great race, an awesome course and most importantly, I popped my cherry in my first pro race and had a great time with no pressure at all, nothing to lose, nothing to gain.

After all, I am the 2014 TORCS 450 A champion, and I drove away from Goertz Ranch a proud racer, I had some awesome competition this year, guys who have rode dirt there whole lives, I only have a few years under my belt, nothing to be ashamed of at all.
Liked this post:
Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #9
tyler83
Ummmm.................

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Congrats on the championship, I'm still planning on racing the series next year. I'm real excited to get out there and compete.
tyler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #10
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler83 View Post
Congrats on the championship, I'm still planning on racing the series next year. I'm real excited to get out there and compete.
We sure hope to see you and more guys come out, if not to race to at least see the action and check out a different world of motorcycling, you can always show up, pay $10 and ride practice with us, just to get a feel for a real race course.

Advertisement