MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Bios

OK Team.

Due to the fact that there's not too much info in the profile section, What about posting your Bio and some information about you and your picture...??? Let's put some faces into screen names.

I'll start with my self.

My name is Robert Benitez and being Mexican-American I go by the "handle" of Zapata or Itztli on most message boards to honor one of Greatest Mexican Heroes: Emiliano Zapata. I was born and raised in Mexico City where I went to College and got married. Since 1984, I have been working in the field of computers (Certified as MCP on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Network+ and A+). In 1986, I moved out of Mexico City to the northern state of Chihuahua and later to Juarez City on the border across from El Paso, TX. While in Juarez, I got married (second time) and later moved to El Paso, bought a house and worked for several years at Vanstar Corp. as a Field Service Engineer. My responsabilities included on-site warranty work and break/fix on computers for large corporations such as IBM, Compaq, HP, Unysis, some agencies of the Federal Government, and the military (Ft. Bliss and White Sands Missile Range). After being lay-off from Vanstar, I accepted a job offer in Houston working as an IT consultant assigned to the MD Anderson Cancer Center. After six months, I became a full-time employee and worked for the Cancer Center for two years. After that I got a job offer from an Energy Company in downtown Houston at the corporate office as a Technical Analyst. I worked for a little more than 3 years until I was lay-off. Currently I work for a Software Development Company in the Galleria Area as a Technical Support Representative for some of the products made by this Company.

At the beginning of 2001, I ventured into the world of motorcycles even though I was seriously interested in them about six years ago when I first moved to El Paso, TX. My other hobbies are mainly surfing the Net, watching Movies/TV and reading.

Me
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
Lobo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 R6
2007 R1
2007 R6
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Lobo Send a message via Yahoo to Lobo
Re: Bios

Well here goes.........

Lobo - Screenname and is a nickname I have had for quite some time due to my love of Wolves (Lobo is spanish for Wolf), Real name is Larry, some friends call me Lobo, some call me Larry and others call me Junior (same name as my fathers so I am Jr.) I am just an average White Boy that speaks spanish too...

And for those of you who dont know me by name I am as far as I know I am the only R6 Redbull Replica in Houston. I have had my Class M for over 16 years now first bike ever was a 1988 Ninja 600 then I upgraded to a 89 GSXR 750rr.* I am currently sporting a 2002 R-6.* I live in Tomball in a house I bought 2 years ago, I am a single parent of 1 teenage boy who also enjoys the world of motorcycles. I ride my bike daily to and from work, have met alot of you at Wed. night 1960 & 45 and others at Poser's.* I am a Graphic Artist by day doing all sorts of things from creating company logos and corporate identity packages, to full size billboard ads. My list of work is very long and extensive, Including work for Six Flags Astroworld, Splashtown, Waterworld, Grocers Supply, Stewart Title, Baylor College of Medicine, and Academy, and the list goes on and on and on. In my spare time I do other things like my signature says. I play on-line mmorpg's in my spare time. Well that about sums me up in a nutshell.

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspeedr6
48c8a880
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Well, as the screen name Steve O Chap implies, my name is Steve. Iím 25 years old and my wife and I live in Kingwood. We have a dog whoís name is Sydney who is 8 months old, sheís a German Shepherd mix. I got the nickname from some buddies who said I could do a wicked British accent. They said I sounded like a British ChapÖ thus came Steve O Chap. (say it with a British accent and youíll get it, haha)

I grew up in Pennsylvania and New York. I lived in NY from 1990 Ė 2002 and then moved down here after I graduated from SUNY (State University of New York) in May 2002. I currently work at Reliant Energy as a Business Process Analyst and have just started a secondary role as Internal Controls Analyst. So, lucky for me I get to do two jobs for the pay of one!! Iíve been working at Reliant since August 2002.

I picked up my first motorcycle, a 1994 Suzuki RF600R, on March 21st 2000. My best friend learned on a Ninja 250 the year before and had just recently bought a 1996 F3. Soooo, I had to get my own bike. Iíve been hooked since the first time I turned the corner on my street. In 2003 I started doing trackdays on my current bike, a 2001 Honda F4i. Iíve done 6 or 7 so far. In 2004 I started racing TMGP on a 2004 Honda NSR. Itís outstanding fun and truly a great learning tool for going fast.

My aspirations include racing in CMRA next year. Due to two Ďconfidence-killingí crashes last year Iíve slowed down quite a bit on the track. An instructor buddy of mine mentioned the same thing at the last trackday. But, oh well. My F4i isnít going to tear it up so Iím not going to push it anymore.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Here goes mine...

My name is Giancarlo and it's Italian.* I'm Colombian however.* I have had this Capafool name since I was in middle school when me and a couple of street buddies had an inside joke about it.* Since then I began using it and don't really care to change it.* Some people change their screen names like they change underwear!* *

I just turned 22 a month ago and will be graduating shortly from the University of Houston w/an electrical/computer engineering degree. I plan to attend grad school and become a doctor in the biomed engineering field.* English is my third language and even though I can no longer speak italian since there's no one to talk to around here in that language, I can still understand it some (I can understand Rossi some ).* I moved to the states from Colombia when I was 7 and have been here ever since.* In high school I did a variety of things such as race jetskis w/the IJSBA and fly planes(Cesna) with my ROTC instructor.* I was nominated to the US Air Force Academy but couldnt go because I was not a citizen at the time but just a resident.* Because that's a 4 year university, I would have had to start over which I was NOT going to do.* I speed skated since I was 5 yrs till about half way through high school and if inline speed skating would have ever been made an olympic sport there's no doubt in my mind I could have gone to the olympics... Guess it wasnt a good enough sport* .* *I also played some hockey during this time.*

I currently am working at CenterPoint Energy as a Power engineer with the substaion operations group.* I basically do programming on relays, modifications and implementations on the new substation equipment that rolls out.* I have been there for about a year now and will probably be finishing up when I go back to school next semester (Fall 05).

I worked for SBC as a bi-lingual sales rep a few years back and I racked up more team sales than anyone and got some fat bonuses that allowed me to purchase my 2001 gsxr-1000.* The suzuki was my first bike and have only taken 2 spills ever since I had it and one wasnt my fault as I was hit from behind.* I began doing trackdays about this time last year and its awesome.* I have met tons of people and learned a great deal about riding.* I hope to run CMRA sometime.* right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

i'll make it short and sweet...

Born in Houston
moved to CT when I was 10
lived next to Martha Stewart for 16 years..(c*nt)
rode dirt bikes at 13ish
Uncle still in CT , big biker... raced in Daytona for many many years.. owns bike shop (basic white trash)
Dad lives in beach house in CT
Mom in Houston
Brother in Paris
I am a Regional Sales Manager for a lighting company
basic job is lighting design and supply for clubs, restaurants, hotels, bars, buildings, and houses (commercial and residential)

thats about it.. i'm the blonde in the pics... sorry, dont have pics of just me
koo20koo20202020kootreynicelegs

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:35 PM   #6
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

2005 first place winner of 93.7 kilt contest
treynicelegs
second from right at my home away from home "miyako"
8cf6ac4f
one of my best friends Atom
my

if you want more fools... go to http://photobucket.com/albums/v223/treywarren.com/

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #7
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Trey: Great pics...!!! :biggthumpup: Sorry to ask and get out of context but who's the first girl from left to right in the second picture..??? She looks really pretty (no disrespect intended).
Old 06-17-2005, 01:19 AM   #8
Lobo

Bike(s):
2002 R6
2007 R1
2007 R6
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Lobo Send a message via Yahoo to Lobo

heh just figured out I know Capafool,........... and dotcom is that Atomsmasher from 104 with ya ? looks kinda like him....... oh and Miyako's !!!! awesome place !! well most of the time I am being poured out the door from Miyakos (saki bombs).

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspeedr6
48c8a880
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:47 AM   #9
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

Experience: 3 years

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to OutlawDCustoMs

i guess i'll do it:

My name is Sydney, doesn't sound much , but i am haha. My sn is Outlaw'D CustoMs, company name i came up with when i did the custom auto stuff. For the people that knew me before, i changed my sn quite often, but i've kept this one probably the longest. Oh well, do what ya gota do i suppose.

I'll be 22 in a week or so, and have no clue what i want to finish up school with. In high school I was a mad good tennis player. I played in the USTA Juniors and have been all over the world for ITF tournaments. I attained a pretty good scholarship to Rice University, but dropped out for a year and have been just getting a few classes done @ UHD. A year before i quit the tennis team, i got into boxing. My buddy who's a pro fighter got me into it, cause i played tennis with him all the time. Hopefully i can come to realize what i need to do to finish school with a degree i enjoy.

I currently am working for myself, as a tennis pro. I contract out of Quail Valley Country Club, but i teach in a few other locations too. I have been teaching for over a year now.

I'm the past co-owner of Premier Exotic Auto, which rents out highline exotic cars as well as performance modifications. I used to be into the cars, when i was the proud owner of a few supras. then when i went into premier, exotic cars were my life almost. now taht business went down, i couldn't afford the habit of racing cars, so i moved into bikes. I picked up my first street bike in august of 04 and am racing CMRA right now. I just got my prov nov obligations complete, so i'm a full novice CMRA racer now hehe. I'll be racing @ Barber for the WERA national this september as well.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:25 AM   #10
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I went to Juarez last week. Holy I was nervous!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #11
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Juarez City...??? Across El Paso, TX...???? Why you were nervous..?? just avoid the bad spots...specially Downtown at night......!!!!

Old 06-17-2005, 11:11 AM   #12
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Juarez City...??? Across El Paso, TX...???? Why you were nervous..?? just avoid the bad spots...specially Downtown at night......!!!!

2 white guys downtown Juarez at nite... I was a little nervous. Plus there was some culture shock walking across the border with all the begging and soliciting.*It would have been cool if I had somebody who knew what was going on. I just wanted to go have a beer but the cab drivers wanted to take us to see the lady shows.... :dontknow:

Old 06-17-2005, 12:07 PM   #13
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

I guess you were on the street that is just across the bridge...That street is full of Bars and the next street to the right is where all the brothels are located ....very "low-class" stuff....the ho's will yell at you across the street: "You want me to suck you"....??? Stay away from that area..!!! If you want to get "laid" is better to go to one of the "upscale" Massage Parlors...but they are not located in Downtown.

But as general advise...stay away from all that....!!!!! The AIDS epidemic is getting bigger... :eh: :eh:

http://www.luxxor-massage.com/index.html

room1

Old 06-17-2005, 01:24 PM   #14
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
I guess you were on the street that is just across the bridge...That street is full of Bars and the next street to the right is where all the brothels are located ....very "low-class" stuff....the ho's will yell at you across the street: "You want me to suck you"....??? Stay away from that area..!!! If you want to get "laid" is better to go to one of the "upscale" Massage Parlors...but they are not located in Downtown.

But as general advise...stay away from all that....!!!!! The AIDS epidemic is getting bigger... :eh: :eh:

http://www.luxxor-massage.com/index.html

room1

I just wanted to hang out and take in some music and drinks... We eventually found a place called Studio 64 that we had to take a cab to. Sounds like we need to plan a trip down there and you can show me around. right:

Old 06-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #15
nels

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
...I'm Colombian however.*
right: hockey & speed skating, but no soccer? *j/k we may have some mutual friends.

name's Nelson. *I enjoy quiet walks on the beach, candle lit...oh wait. *lol. *anyhow I consider myself Colombian, but the true one's born in Colombia would say I'm not. *:dontknow: parents are full blood Colombians, so that would make me one, right? Oh well. *Been there once, when I was like 14. *Born in Qeens, NY. *Moved down to Houston when I was around 8. *I did the cool 6-yr progam at UH, graduated with Math major and Accounting minor in '01. *Around '97 I met my future Nubian Queen wife. * We had a beautiful lil girl in '00, got married in '01. *Even though I got the math major, I've been working as an bookkeeper/accountant for the past 5 yrs. *First two years was with a nonprofit on the South side, helping under-priveledged youth, basically bebe kids. *It was fun. *Right now I'm at another nonprofit, this time assisting the HIV population, mainly hispanics. *I'm considering becoming a teacher, but haven't decided yet. Been here for 3 yrs, and it's been interesting, being that we help the gay community and a bunch of flamers come into the office. *Bought a house about 2 yrs ago on the border of Sugar Land/Houston. *I barely got my bike last August. *Always been interested, but never had the to jump on one nor get one. *Last year when Republic HD had the burnout/tattoo contest, wife and I went there, I drooled over some bikes and was envious of the riders, afterwords we went to ExImports JUST TO LOOK, and well, wife pretty much forced me to buy. *It's like she was getting the commission or something, plus she got tired of seeing me drool over other people's bikes. LOL *I got raped on the price, but oh well. Thats pretty much it. :biggthumpup:
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:21 PM   #16
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku

If anyone cares.. Bao's the name.

I just turned 20yrs old on the 15th of this month. I've been in houston pretty much my whole life, but i didn't spent a few yrs in vietnam during my teen years. I was sent there by my parents for bad behavior. Little did they know i had a blast and learned how to ride bikes over there. So about 2yrs ago, i decided to move out of my parents. I had a job at the time where i was making 50k+ a year, which was a lot more money then i knew what to do with, so i did it big. I moved into my own house, which i can sell to you guys if you are interested. I got a new car, and last of all i bought my bike. Now currently i'm working at Loan Officier Ameriquest Mortage company. I'm taking school online, but am planned to enroll into U of H main next semester. But i guess the rest of me can be found out by know me.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:32 PM   #17
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO

how much u want for the house, how big is it and location ?
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:52 PM   #18
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
..... but i did spent a few yrs in vietnam during my teen years. I was sent there by my parents for bad behavior. Little did they know i had a blast and learned how to ride bikes over there.

WOW...That sounds great...!!!!! I guess you must have some good stories about living in 'nam right: right: right:

What was people's opinion about their communist goverment...???
Old 06-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #19
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
how much u want for the house, how big is it and location ?
starting around 120's, have double check about Sq. ftage. 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath. SW houston, Westhiemer and Hwy6
Old 06-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #20
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
..... but i did spent a few yrs in vietnam during my teen years. I was sent there by my parents for bad behavior. Little did they know i had a blast and learned how to ride bikes over there.

WOW...That sounds great...!!!!! I guess you must have some good stories about living in 'nam right: right: right:

What was people's opinion about their communist goverment...???
I've got billions of stories, if you know how, you can really have lot of fun over there.

The goverment was somethign the people over there didn't really care to talk about, well atleast not with me.. most people that come across your path will try to brib or scam you out of a buck cause they know you're american and have the money. I don't know the people's opinion of the goverment but i might know a effect of it; the country is full of poverty and greed.

Advertisement