MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Hells Angels buy all Cycles at Walmart

http://bikerspost.com/forums/topic/1...les-at-walmart

Quote:
Hells Angels members in Fresno, California, had their own kind of holiday shopping frenzy.

While Black Friday shoppers clogged stores and waited in line for hours, members stood in line for five days at a Wal-Mart in Fresno, to buy every bike that was on the ad, (over 200). They then took the bikes to the Poverello House, a local organization that serves the homeless and hungry, and gave them away to needy kids.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1643812/hel...ing-with-them/
amazonaws.com/public/forum_post/de/23/0b/b0dc6_f79a.jpg?c=df10" border="0" alt="b0dc6 f79a?cdf10" />

Guess they needed to improve there image after recent events! Still cool though!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you buy pork from Walmart? NgaWhat Off Topic 42 07-24-2012 12:59 PM
Hells Angels, Philippine Chapter Cherub General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-09-2007 12:33 PM
Motorists opens fire on hells angels ScooterTrash Off Topic 15 04-04-2006 11:42 PM
Depressed Hells Angels ScooterTrash Off Topic 3 02-22-2006 08:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
Truckin_Thumper

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

1%'ers
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
joeburt1
JoeJoe the dancing monkey

Trackdays: 10+

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

Well, that COMPLETELY makes up for decades of human trafficking, drug smuggling, and illegal arms deals
joeburt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
40acres

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeburt1 View Post
Well, that COMPLETELY makes up for decades of human trafficking, drug smuggling, and illegal arms deals
Don't forget murder and rape! They must have bribed a really good PR firm.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #6
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeburt1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
Don't forget murder and rape! They must have bribed a really good PR firm.
Exactly. They're very manipulative and do this all the time just so they can show the public things they do are how they are great guys.

(this isn't limited to the HA either)
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
Exactly. They're very manipulative and do this all the time just so they can show the public things they do are how they are great guys.

exactly every corporation does this kind of . Overcharge for the services/goods they provide, then say look at the good we are doing by donating some chump change to a needy cause in the spotlight.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #8
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:

What are you trying to say?

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
MikeyP

Trackdays: 10+

What a great way to launder meth money into a tax break!
2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599
MikeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #10
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

I've never seen em. They in houston ?
Old 12-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #11
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BeastMaster View Post
exactly every corporation does this kind of . Overcharge for the services/goods they provide, then say look at the good we are doing by donating some chump change to a needy cause in the spotlight.
And don't forget the pro sports teams. Typically you'll have the captain of the team making a "generous purchase" about this time of year. Its always paraded that its being done out of the goodness of their heart. It happens in every major city (with a sports franchise) that I've ever lived in.

Send out an announcement to the news outlets that the team star will be at the Toys r Us on a certain date and time making the purchase so the pictures can be taken. The meathead then makes the purchase (and is later reimbursed by the sports team), the pictures are taken and distributed. Its public relations gold that's repeated everywhere.

Its all just a dog and pony show for the media.

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/...spree/30017242
Old 12-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #12
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawafasty View Post
I've never seen em. They in houston ?
NO its Bandido country here.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #13
False

Quote:
And don't forget the pro sports teams. Typically you'll have the captain of the team making a "generous purchase" about this time of year. Its always paraded that its being done out of the goodness of their heart. It happens in every major city (with a sports franchise) that I've ever lived in.

Send out an announcement to the news outlets that the team star will be at the Toys r Us on a certain date and time making the purchase so the pictures can be taken. The meathead then makes the purchase (and is later reimbursed by the sports team), the pictures are taken and distributed. Its public relations gold that's repeated everywhere.

Its all just a dog and pony show for the media.

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/...spree/30017242
AJ doesn't get reimbursed for that, it would violate the CBA. JJ Watt "donated" Papa Johns pizza with his picture on it to the police. Basically a commercial for pizza.
False is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #14
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by False View Post
AJ doesn't get reimbursed for that, it would violate the CBA. JJ Watt "donated" Papa Johns pizza with his picture on it to the police. Basically a commercial for pizza.

uh huh..... Is this similar to how there are rules around kids being drafted and the gifts that can be given? Yeah....that never happens does it?

I've worked for more than one company that finds creative ways to reimburse things that would violate laws. sometimes its as simple as an envelope of case.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #15
False

Quote:
uh huh..... Is this similar to how there are rules around kids being drafted and the gifts that can be given? Yeah....that never happens does it?

I've worked for more than one company that finds creative ways to reimburse things that would violate laws. sometimes its as simple as an envelope of case.
He already makes tens of millions per year. Reimbursing him 16K at the risk of draft picks and serious fines would be incredibly dumb. Toys R Us is his partner in this. Not sure what gifts and draft rules you are talking about. They have slotted contracts for each draft pick.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #16
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

I'd rather our local athletes be in the news for picking up $16k worth of toys than for beating their kid or wife though.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #17
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by False View Post
He already makes tens of millions per year. Reimbursing him 16K at the risk of draft picks and serious fines would be incredibly dumb. Toys R Us is his partner in this. Not sure what gifts and draft rules you are talking about. They have slotted contracts for each draft pick.

was referring to kids coming out of HS and going college/pro. I think there are rules around how they can be courted.

Anyways, as for believing this is all done out of his own charity, do you not find it odd that in every major market that the superstar of the team just happens to be the one who wants to do this and cameras just happen to be there to catch it all on film? That this all done by their own desire and they aren't instructed by the franchise back office that they need to do this?
Old 12-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
False

Quote:
was referring to kids coming out of HS and going college/pro. I think there are rules around how they can be courted.

Anyways, as for believing this is all done out of his own charity, do you not find it odd that in every major market that the superstar of the team just happens to be the one who wants to do this and cameras just happen to be there to catch it all on film? That this all done by their own desire and they aren't instructed by the franchise back office that they need to do this?
Those rules are enforced by the NCAA which is incredibly inept and under funded. The NFL enforces rules because 31 billionaires don't take kindly to cheating.

Every celeb does charity. The NFL has an entire charity department to help players get involved, it isn't some back room of each team. They do it for PR.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
silverfudge
superfast jellyfish

Experience: 1 year
You can usually tell whos genuine and whos not when it comes to sports. Background has a lot to do with it. For example, I'd say Hakeem is genuine. Even Lebron.

A lot of players had good role models/guidance and are where they are because of it. I cant imagine some have all they have and dont feel obligated to return it in some shape or form.

Dont get me wrong though, some could give a im sure.
silverfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #20
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfudge View Post
You can usually tell whos genuine and whos not when it comes to sports. Background has a lot to do with it. For example, I'd say Hakeem is genuine. Even Lebron.

A lot of players had good role models/guidance and are where they are because of it. I cant imagine some have all they have and dont feel obligated to return it in some shape or form.

Dont get me wrong though, some could give a im sure.
I would have to include Shaq in this category! During the mid to late 90's I was a security guard at the Summit while going to college and saw first hand his generosity. Shaq once owned a home here and when he came into town he would drive from Sugarland. There was a janitor that he took a liking to over the years and when he found out that his car had broken down and he couldn't afford to fix it Shaq purchased him a new one! He did this in Los Angeles as well; but not too many people know about him doing it here in Houston.

Advertisement