Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Parkes to join Brookes at Milwaukee Yamaha in 2015

Milwaukee Yamaha team confirm Australian duo for 2015

Parkes to join Brookes at Milwaukee Yamaha in 2015
Parkes will move to the BSB paddock for the 2015 season

BROC Parkes is set to join fellow Australian Josh Brookes at Milwaukee Yamaha next year in the British Superbike Championship.

2015 will become Parkes’ first full season in the Championship after a wildcard in 2009 at Brands Hatch where he finished second in all three races of that particular weekend.

The 32-year-old Australian said: "I am really looking forward to next season with the Milwaukee Yamaha team.

“In the past I have had some great results with Yamaha and to be a part of the project with the new R1 is a real privilege. There have already been a lot of good reports so I am excited about 2015.”

"The level of competition is really high in the championship - they are like World Champions on their own tracks,” explained Parkes.

“I know I have to learn them, but I want to do as much as I can before the season so I am in the best possible position. I want to be in the top six for the Showdown and I will be bringing my 'A-Game' with me!"

Parkes completed a season in MotoGP in 2014 with Paul Bird Motorsport in which he finished twenty-third. Previously to that, the Australian competed in the World Supersport Championship in which he scored six race wins along with 26 podium finishes and finished Championship runner-up twice.

Speaking about the 2015 Milwaukee Team, Team Owner Shaun Muir commented: "It is a very exciting time for the team with the release of the new YZF-R1, which has created a huge amount of interest and anticipation for 2015.

"The team will be working hard to develop the new bike and we are delighted to have Broc onboard. He brings a huge amount of experience to the team, with an extensive career in the World Championships, and has serious determination in equal measure to succeed.

"He has raced with Yamaha before in the World Supersport Championship, and we are now looking forward to him returning to the Superbike class with Yamaha," concluded Muir.

Related Content

Brookes to stay with Milwaukee Yamaha in BSB
Brookes signs with Milwaukee Yamaha
Waters: jumping bikes on track is 'weird'
BSB 2014: Championship standings after Brands Hatch
BSB 2014: Assen race 1 results

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement