MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #21
328citony

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
carrera cbr 600rr
r1 04 candy red sold
r1 raven 03 sold
600rr raven sold
r6 03 raven (low side) sold, 97 virago 750 sold, 02 shadow vlx sold, 94 F2 cbr track sold, 09 snl sc

cage

Yeah I order some but for now I got to stick with the exten-sliders
328citony is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upshifting: To Clutch or Not To Clutch? cobra281 Taking it to the Track 35 11-27-2008 12:46 AM
Clutch wheelie question....... yeffug How To's and Q & A's 10 10-03-2008 01:28 PM
How not to wheelie Warpbender General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 12-01-2007 03:14 PM
wheelie help.... dizsideup Stunters Lounge 14 04-29-2006 11:49 AM
how not to wheelie chasee69 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 12-03-2005 07:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #22
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
lol yay for stunt day.
hardcoresteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 AM   #23
50fool
AD

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 636, 2004 crf50

I posted this in another stunt forum at a different site but haven't gotten any replies. I figured I would just copy it here to see what some of yall had to say.

I agree that clutching is the best thing to do. My friend is a stunter and I like to try tricks on my crf50 but im reluctant to do stunts on my 636 because I want to keep it mint. I want to get a stunt f4i or something to start learning on so im not really going to do anything crazy with my 636. I want a bike that Im not afraid to drop. THe few wheelies I have done were much easier to do when I clutched it up. Let me explain what I know and someone give me some tips, but I dont think I will be using them often until I get a stunter, but even then im sure I will clutch it.

When I clutched it up I just started in 1st, got going a bit and pull the clutch with 2 fingers, rev and dump the clutch. If you give it enough gas and pop the clutch out fast enough it will come right up. It is a lot less violent than the powerup wheelie. I never rode one out too far because when I got it up I usually let off the gas too much. A few times I got the to dump the clutch and hold the gas for a second and let it down. I just dont want to hit the balance point I want to wait for a stunter

Powerup wheelie I do just like everyone else said but im too scared to do it in 2nd gear. In first, I just accelarated to about 6000, roll off, then WOT. Smooth but you gotta get one the gas hard to get it to pop up. Let me ask a quesion to see if anyone has experienced the same thing. At a certain resonance or speed if you try to wheelie but dont hit it hard enough you will get some wobbles that feel like your going to crash andgo into a tank slapper. Everytime I went WOT I had no problems at all. It was the times I was hesitant that I got into trouble. I tried the powerwheelie method in 2nd and also got the wobbles. I used the bounce method. I got on the throttle a little, then let off, compressed the shocks with my legs and hit the throttle. I didnt get up the tire so I guess I didnt use enough gas but after that I didnt even want to try it again.

I always covered the rear brake just for safety. My short experience with wheelies has led me to conclude that clutching it up in first is by far the best way to do a wheelie. Way more predictable and not nearly as violent. Just for information sake, do you who do powerwheelies have a steering stabalizer or steering damper? I thought that might help the wobbles but Im sure its just my technique. How do you avoid the wobbles? Do you have to go harder on the throttle? Could it be my suspension? Maybe if you put your weight to the back with your left foot, it would come up a lot faster and you wouldnt wobble as bad. Is my grip too tight? I see a lot of stunters disrespect people who do powerwheelies and say that anyone could do a powerwheelie and it takes skill to do it with the clutch. No doubt, it takes skill to do it either way but what do you need to do to safely power it up. My main concern is the wobbles. It doesnt happen in first when I go WOT and bring it right up. It happens when I hesitate. I guess you just cant hesitate but just be vigilant and cover the rear brake. I cant wait to get a stunter. I have been trying to find a decent ~2000 dollar stunter and there are some okay bikes available but always sell before I can get them. So any tips on those wobbles would help. All my advise from my friend has made it easy for me to clutch it up but he is not a fan of powerwheelies and it seems like most stunters are the same way. I wouldnt want to avoid powerwheelies allthgether just because I had some trouble with them so some tips would be nice. thanks..peace
50fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:32 AM   #24
carlos flores
WE DONT DIE...WE MULTIPLY

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

what if u have a slipper clutch@!
carlos flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #25
50fool
AD

Bike(s):
2003 636, 2004 crf50

I was wondering the same thing earlier.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28108
Old 06-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #26
carlos flores

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

i have a slipper clutch ...i want to du them but i dont know how ...u cant pick it up with it in first ...that slipper clutch doesnt let it!
Old 06-01-2007, 01:42 AM   #27
50fool
AD

Bike(s):
2003 636, 2004 crf50

Awww sucky! I thought that might happen. A friend of mine with an 07 gsx-r 750 said he can't do them and told me not to buy a bike with a slipper clutch if you wanna clutch it up. I asked but people were saying it didn't matter. Doesn't matter much anyways for me. I want to get a beater before doing any serious stunting, or any stunting at all really.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #28
carlos flores

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

actualy ........this is dumb.....it was my first bike and i never knew how to ride one ...and i burned out the clutch ....i think by doing burn outs!

Advertisement