MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
02TXR6
Member
 
02TXR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: spring/ conroe
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 59

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2002 R6









Send a message via Yahoo to 02TXR6
Anybody missing a '13 CBR1000

I just came across this too good to be true ad on CL. If it's a misprint then oops http://houston.craigslist.org/mpo/4763065403.html
02TXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing tank bag from RideSmart 9/13 event maxgs Ridesmart Motorcycle School 22 09-30-2009 09:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
gots2no
Steve
 
gots2no's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 936

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TXR6 View Post
I just came across this too good to be true ad on CL. If it's a misprint then oops http://houston.craigslist.org/mpo/4763065403.html
At least he said "I have a ...." instead of "I have my ...."

an honest thief
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
CUZ
Wheelie Man
 
CUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,875


Bike(s):
09 ninja 250









Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2no View Post
At least he said "I have a ...." instead of "I have my ...."

an honest thief
lol
__________________
An amateur practices until he can get it right.
A professional practices until he can't get it wrong.



Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
gots2no
Steve
 
gots2no's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 936

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage





, the tires still have the mounting stripes on them.
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
Chuckster
Senior Member
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,429


Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1









Bet he can't find the title either.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
WileCyot
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 74












No title supposedly it's his buddies they Repoed it. No keys either lol

Also, that's a 2014.
WileCyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #7
gots2no
Steve
 
gots2no's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 936

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Bet he can't find the title either.
Yeah, must be kickin' himself for losing that title and having to sell the bike for 10 cents on the dollar. Looked for it on the stolen bike registry and didn't see any 2013 CBR1000's listed.
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #8
WileCyot
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 74












Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2no View Post
Yeah, must be kickin' himself for losing that title and having to sell the bike for 10 cents on the dollar. Looked for it on the stolen bike registry and didn't see any 2013 CBR1000's listed.
Yet.
WileCyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #9
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











It's just a scam. I've seen hundreds of them. Some of them reply with a sob story and some you can text and even talk to on the phone. Some will give you a link that says they ONLY use the ebay "motorvehicle protection program" and the link looks and works totally legit. It's for "your" protection. BS- I cantacted Ebay and they don't have that program, but the scammers sure did a good job making the link look good.

Total scam. Unless you can put your hands directly and physically 'ON THE BIKE", run the VIN - it's a scam. Just ask Dennis. Lost $3k on a "too-good-to-be-true" deal.
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #10
WileCyot
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 74












Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
It's just a scam. I've seen hundreds of them. Some of them reply with a sob story and some you can text and even talk to on the phone. Some will give you a link that says they ONLY use the ebay "motorvehicle protection program" and the link looks and works totally legit. It's for "your" protection. BS- I cantacted Ebay and they don't have that program, but the scammers sure did a good job making the link look good.

Total scam. Unless you can put your hands directly and physically 'ON THE BIKE", run the VIN - it's a scam. Just ask Dennis. Lost $3k on a "too-good-to-be-true" deal.
Oh no, this guy wanted to meet up at some gas station. He spoke in Ebonics. This bike is hot fellas. I do not condone purchasing it, someone needs to set up a sting.
WileCyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #11
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











HANDS OFF its mine I just wired him the money he is over seas in the military and I am picking it up later from storage.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
HANDS OFF its mine I just wired him the money he is over seas in the military and I am picking it up later from storage.
.........right
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #13
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,981

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by WileCyot View Post
Oh no, this guy wanted to meet up at some gas station. He spoke in Ebonics. This bike is hot fellas. I do not condone purchasing it, someone needs to set up a sting.
Not sure if you're seriously saying the fact that he spoke Ebonics means it's stolen or I'm just bad at reading your sarcasm.
ArkansasDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #14
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2no
Yeah, must be kickin' himself for losing that title and having to sell the bike for 10 cents on the dollar. Looked for it on the stolen bike registry and didn't see any 2013 CBR1000's listed.

Yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileCyot View Post
Yet.
There is NO bike. That's why it isn't listed as stolen. They just copy a couple pix and make an ad. I replied just to see what BS story I'll get back. I got $2000 in hand and he can keep the extra $500. Who gives a about the title. Thats just academics. Putting your hands literally and physically on the bike and having a signed, wittnessed BOS will get you everything you need.

If he was going to meet you at a gas station and assumed you'd be carrings $1500 and he spoke ebonics . . . . . . He's not brining a bike - he's brinin a 9.
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #15
WileCyot
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 74












Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Not sure if you're seriously saying the fact that he spoke Ebonics means it's stolen or I'm just bad at reading your sarcasm.
No, the guy was hard as to understand. It was all a garbled mess. He told me he didn't have the keys (red flag number one) and that it was his buddies who has had it for 7 months but it's just too powerful for him. He needs to let it go because he bought it as a repo from a lot.
WileCyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #16
WileCyot
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 74












Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Who gives a about the title. Thats just academics. Putting your hands literally and physically on the bike and having a signed, wittnessed BOS will get you everything you need.
False. You need to look up the laws regarding possession of stolen property.
WileCyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #17
Classax
Objective Observer
 
Classax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 502

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage





No keys, how the heck does he start it? A repo would have keys to go with them before a legit sale. Not all bikes will have been titled in the state so I get the BOS comment but this thing is clearly not a race bike! I say we all show at the gass station and make a citizens arrest. Hopefully he will resist, which will mean we will need to use necessary force to "detain" him until the authorities arrive.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #18
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by WileCyot View Post
False. You need to look up the laws regarding possession of stolen property.
Bonded title. My earlier post said to run the VIN. If he gives you the VIN and it checks out clean (costs a little over $6) and it matches when you "PHYSICALLY CAN TOUCH" the bike - yer good to go.

Personally, I HATE the hassle of a bonded title and I'll never buy another bike that requres it. There's zillions of bikes. Just be patient.
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #19
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Not sure if you're seriously saying the fact that he spoke Ebonics means it's stolen or I'm just bad at reading your sarcasm.
Probably so and probably right.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #20
WileCyot
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 74












Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Bonded title. My earlier post said to run the VIN. If he gives you the VIN and it checks out clean (costs a little over $6) and it matches when you "PHYSICALLY CAN TOUCH" the bike - yer good to go.

Personally, I HATE the hassle of a bonded title and I'll never buy another bike that requres it. There's zillions of bikes. Just be patient.
You understand the obligations of a bonded title, correct?

If you get a bonded title and the bike, at a later time, turns out to be stolen you are obligated to pay the true owner of the bike for the value of the bike. The bond company, the people who issued the bond against the title, will pay in the event that you do not. At that point, they will come after you for the money. It's not like a bonded title renders you off the hook in the event it turns out to be stolen.
WileCyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy